New here? Introduce yourself!

Why hello there!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Why hello there!

Postby Arcius » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:47 pm

I literally just found this place today and I'm totally amazed that I haven't heard of this place before, because from what I see it's at least 3 years old? Roughly? Anyhow! I'm arcius, 20 years old, I'm a pixel artist on another forum, and I frequent avatar forums more often than not, like 90% of my time is spent online xD

Anywhoozle, it's nice to meet you all! (And it's weird starting fresh on a new site oh my god lol)

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 9:25 am

Re: Why hello there!

Postby XoGIZMOoX » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:50 pm

Hello and welcome, Gizzie is on SEVERAL avi sites

I think I recognize your name from one but I can't quite remember which one :strain:

:heart:COME VISIT MY PETS PLEASE :heart: http://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/pets.php?userid=646ImageImageImage [img]http://i.imgur.com/p30InEq?r.gif[/img

Postby Diana » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:01 am

Hello and welcome to Windlyn!

We've been in development for about three years now, but we just moved into Beta in December! It's been very exciting :D

You draw avatar items? How do you find time to join any websites? :O

Please tell us a little more about you! Do you have any hobbies outside of art? What are you most passionate about?

Site Admin

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 10:25 am

Postby Arcius » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:07 am

XoGIZMOoX wrote:Hello and welcome, Gizzie is on SEVERAL avi sites

I think I recognize your name from one but I can't quite remember which one :strain:

Likely lol either Syn, or Saph, tbh xD
I think we've spoken on a few occasions, actually

Diana wrote:Hello and welcome to Windlyn!

We've been in development for about three years now, but we just moved into Beta in December! It's been very exciting :D

You draw avatar items? How do you find time to join any websites? :O

Please tell us a little more about you! Do you have any hobbies outside of art? What are you most passionate about?

Ah! That explains it lol well congrats on moving into beta! It's always exciting when that finally happens *u*

And I tend to pump things out then take a break for a week or so, then go back to pumping things out xD
Habit I've gotten into plus multitasking and lots of coffee and little sleep, heh

Outside of art, my main hobby is pokemon. I don't really have many hobbys nowadays asides from lurking avatar forums and making chibi's for people when I can, and occasionally playing with css coding. When I was younger I used to have so many more but adulting happened lol

My biggest passion however is art, I have two dreams in life. To be a pixel artist, a successful one, and to be a tattoo artist.
I've began on the path for being a pixel artist though, and boy has that been a journey lol I've worked for 3 sites in total, first one I worked for didn't make it far, second one I was with for 8 months, third one I recently started working for and it's already looking promising because I'm already assigned to make a tyi for March :cheer:

Postby galled » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:28 am

Welcome to Windlyn! I think you'll fit right in. Everyone is super-friendly and many are amazingly talanted! Hope you have fun here!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Arcius » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:45 am

galled wrote:Welcome to Windlyn! I think you'll fit right in. Everyone is super-friendly and many are amazingly talanted! Hope you have fun here!

Thanks for the welcome! I can see that everyone is really friendly so far, I'm looking forward to seeing what else is on here~

Postby Gingerale » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:06 pm

welcome to Windlyn! Today is the last day for the fable themed item art contest submissions if you are good at whipping something up fast... but I am sure another opportunity will come up in the future. We seem to have quite a few people on here that like to draw and some who love Pokemon so look for those threads.

I work on building feathers by playing the game room games ( 3 scores count daily) and the game threads and it definitely helps. Nice to hear you have some exciting things happening in your life, I hope you are able to get a career in something you like to do. Have you done any art classes or continuing education to pursue your career choice?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:43 pm

You discovered our little gem! Amazingly because it seems to be more word of mouth, but it is growing! Gizzie seems to recognize your user name so there may be others on here that eventually will do. Members tend to pop on and off and it's nice that they still touch bases and let us know how they are.

Feel free to roll in my dice game threads for a chance at extra feathers...sometimes I mess up so if I missed your roll then just give me a friendly prod!I'm always up for chatting so respond to threads I do and I'll get back to you!

Does your site have a particular theme for March?

Postby Arcius » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:10 pm

Gingerale wrote:welcome to Windlyn! Today is the last day for the fable themed item art contest submissions if you are good at whipping something up fast... but I am sure another opportunity will come up in the future. We seem to have quite a few people on here that like to draw and some who love Pokemon so look for those threads.

I work on building feathers by playing the game room games ( 3 scores count daily) and the game threads and it definitely helps. Nice to hear you have some exciting things happening in your life, I hope you are able to get a career in something you like to do. Have you done any art classes or continuing education to pursue your career choice?

I was thinking of entering actually! But I wound up sleeping all day and it takes me eons sometimes to think of thinks sadly xD
Those sound like my kinda threads tho lol

Far as education goes, I've got up to mymy grade 11, and haven't had much chance to persue further. I'm likely going to end up going into marketing and network administration if I get the chance to do post secondary, otherwise, only art course asides from art class I took was a thing my elementary school provided for free when I was in like grade 4, and there was only two kids in my class chosen, myself and one other student lol I'm mostly self taught, asides from the various skills I've picked up from other artists over the years xD

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:You discovered our little gem! Amazingly because it seems to be more word of mouth, but it is growing! Gizzie seems to recognize your user name so there may be others on here that eventually will do. Members tend to pop on and off and it's nice that they still touch bases and let us know how they are.

Feel free to roll in my dice game threads for a chance at extra feathers...sometimes I mess up so if I missed your roll then just give me a friendly prod!I'm always up for chatting so respond to threads I do and I'll get back to you!

Does your site have a particular theme for March?

Yeah, I seen Win mentioned on a site that's dying that I used to call home, so I figured "new site? Must go look *u*"
It won't surprise me if others recognize me though, I'm all over the place xD
Usually as arcius, except on one site.. Syn lol someone took it on me D:
I've used Arcius for so long now that I changed it for like a day and people were like "No. You're still our Arc, shhhhhh" LOL

And i'll certainly go take a look when I can! :D

Far as theme goes, I'm not quite certain yet, but I mean, it's huge to me because I had just started working for then the beginning of the year, after being with another site for about 8 months. I haven't even gone through the process of getting used to their style and I'm already assigned a di *u*
(To me this is huge because I tested myself to see how well I could mimic the style by looking at the items, and I feel I did well because I'm working on something that the admin plans to buy from me because she loves it so much *u*)

Postby Gingerale » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:19 pm

to teach yourself you have to be quite dedicated and have a desire to learn. With the online classes now it makes me wonder if eventually school will eventually be "a thing of the past."

Postby Arcius » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:30 pm

Gingerale wrote:to teach yourself you have to be quite dedicated and have a desire to learn. With the online classes now it makes me wonder if eventually school will eventually be "a thing of the past."

It's always been easier for me to teach myself, I found lol
Like most teachers methods are difficult for me to click into, so I get the general idea and then read up a bunch and take notes that way to understand things. Unless it's art, then in which case, I examine everything and learn my replication, to some extent lol "monkey see monkey do" best way to put it, I feel xD
Though school being a thing of the past would be wonderful, how school are today, aren't as student friendly as they should be, and it makes it harder for everyone to learn because no one learns the exact same way, and at least with online courses? You're teaching yourself more than anything.

Postby okios » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:18 pm

Welcome to Windlyn, Arcius! That's amazing you're a pixel artist. I tried it a couple of times as well, and can totally appreciate the time and effort that goes into developing an item. *^^

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 11:25 am

https://i.imgur.com/paQOna3.png?1http://i.imgur.com/2Ka0iwp.png

Postby Arcius » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:06 am

okios wrote:Welcome to Windlyn, Arcius! That's amazing you're a pixel artist. I tried it a couple of times as well, and can totally appreciate the time and effort that goes into developing an item. *^^

Thank you for the welcome! Making items does take a lot of time, and in some cases a lot of tweaking, is a lot of work omg lol

Postby Watery Star » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:54 pm

Welcome to Windlyn Arcius!
That's so cool that you're a pixel artist. I wish you success going forward!

Local time: Sun May 19, 2024 12:25 pm

Postby Arcius » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:45 am

Watery Star wrote:Welcome to Windlyn Arcius!
That's so cool that you're a pixel artist. I wish you success going forward!

Thank you for the welcome!
I"m not doing too badly so far, so it's exciting xD

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon