New here? Introduce yourself!

I'm new here!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: I'm new here!

Postby murmurlade » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:30 am

Dream
I'm not Kyndreth, but it'd be interesting to see some good makeup videos? I am subscribed to PONY.. because she's amazing!

Local time: Sat May 18, 2024 6:34 pm

----------------------------------------
taugeeee @ twitter / deviantart / gaia
currently: questing bubble wings

always semi-hiatus due to work
please ping me if you want a reply.
----------------------------------------

Postby Dream » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:43 am

murmurlade wrote:Dream
I'm not Kyndreth, but it'd be interesting to see some good makeup videos? I am subscribed to PONY.. because she's amazing!

For advice I watch goss makeup artist . I don't know if I spelled it right. There's a lot I'm subscribe to. I mostly subscribe to smaller channels , people around my skin tone, a few are big channels. Jackie Aina is good and destiny godely, Jeffrey star, dyna, lafwithlex, kandee Jonson, sun is pretty, drewdiaster, timaloveslemons, miles Jay productions, okaysage, and more but these are the main I watch when I have time.

Sunispretty is one of my favorite Asian fashion channels. I don't remember all of them.

Local time: Sat May 18, 2024 5:34 am

Deity.

I may seem extra.

Postby Kyndreth » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:00 pm

Dream wrote:
Kyndreth wrote:Waait, really, they do that? I'm curious as hell. I've always wanted to learn to use makeup!

What do you want to know? I have knowledge of makeup and beauty related stuff because im mostly subscribe to beauty gurus on YouTube.

Ohh, that's what that was (Read your post before where you thought I was talking to you vs. lemon thing)

I was talking to both, sort of. Um... what do I need for makeup, what makeup tools do I need, how to pick out makeup where is the best place to go to find affordable makeup and get foundation matched to my skin. Stuff like that I guess. Something to get me started. Techniques I can kinda learn, but right now how to get the makeup and what place is good for that without emptying my wallet would be kinda more immediate. :P

Local time: Sat May 18, 2024 4:34 am

Kyndreth's Story Thread | Kyndreth's Pets

Kyndreth Sings Discord Link!
Thursdays 7pm CDT

Postby FallenTrinity » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:04 pm

._. Hi

How you doing

Postby Dream » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:12 pm

kyndreth It's cool lol. The drugstore is your best friend when it comes to makeup. It's not very expensive but the con is it's trial and error. I know at Walgreen's you can return your makeup. I'm not sure about any other place. Do you have oily skin or dry skin or both? Do you have blue veins or green veins or both? Check your wrist.

Postby Dream » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:14 pm

FallenTrinity wrote:._. Hi

How you doing

I'm good, how are you? :)

Postby Kyndreth » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:15 pm

Dream wrote:kyndreth It's cool lol. The drugstore is your best friend when it comes to makeup. It's not very expensive but the con is it's trial and error. I know at Walgreen's you can return your makeup. I'm not sure about any other place. Do you have oily skin or dry skin or both? Do you have blue veins or green veins or both? Check your wrist.

Mostly blue purple veins in my wrist with a bit of a greenish hue. I didn't know you could return Walgreen's makeup.

I've just been guessing. I found one that's close but too pink for me. Which is why I thought I'd see about going to Sephora or something and getting matched with a foundation, and use that match number to find foundation in the future, but Sephora's prices are intimidating as hell.

Think my skin is either oily or combination skin. Not sure.

Postby Dream » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:24 pm

Kyndreth wrote:
Dream wrote:kyndreth It's cool lol. The drugstore is your best friend when it comes to makeup. It's not very expensive but the con is it's trial and error. I know at Walgreen's you can return your makeup. I'm not sure about any other place. Do you have oily skin or dry skin or both? Do you have blue veins or green veins or both? Check your wrist.

Mostly blue purple veins in my wrist with a bit of a greenish hue. I didn't know you could return Walgreen's makeup.

I've just been guessing. I found one that's close but too pink for me. Which is why I thought I'd see about going to Sephora or something and getting matched with a foundation, and use that match number to find foundation in the future, but Sephora's prices are intimidating as hell.

Think my skin is either oily or combination skin. Not sure.

You're mostly cool, maybe neutral makeup can work on you. I would suggest neutrogena foundation or L'Oreal true match. It's not very red or orange it have a good balance. I was thinking you can buy one high end to figure what you are in Walgreen's, but I wasn't sure.

I'm combination too, you would have dry patches on your sides and oily in your t zone area or it can be in other places.

Those are good foundation for combination but you may get oily and most likely will need a matte primer and set oily areas with powder. I know maybelline fit me have a matte foundation.

Postby Kyndreth » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:28 pm

Hmmm alright, thanks! I'll look into finding some place where I can figure out what foundation suits me. Then go look at maybelline fit's matte foundation. The reviews for that were pretty good.

Postby Dream » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:04 pm

Kyndreth wrote:Hmmm alright, thanks! I'll look into finding some place where I can figure out what foundation suits me. Then go look at maybelline fit's matte foundation. The reviews for that were pretty good.

You're welcome! :)
That's good! When you do find out and try it tell me how it goes!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:31 pm

I think the Mary Kay consultants make 50% of their sales and around here there is a very good base and they seem to help each other out. Te Consultant I use had an event where we all had our make up done and a professional photographer came and took photos. They gave us one photo and we could purchase others if we wanted. It was a fun experience. But the nice thing about the demos they have is that if you go to someone who is experienced they let you try different shades and they help to match you with colors.I think the new consultants can go for training classes.

But I know what you mean as far as cost because when I looked into it the company wanted you to purchase product to have on hand and if you don't have clients built up, and because make up expires, then it was a lot of money upfront especially if you didn't sell it and had to throw it out.

I have a few friends who use Sephora but really your idea is right - go get the colors matched for you and find it cheaper somewhere else.

Local time: Sat May 18, 2024 3:34 am

Postby Dream » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:02 pm

It sounds interesting to do but I'm not sure if I can do it. Probably as a side job. Then again it will backfire from not having clients and expired makeup. I like things simple as possible so I don't need to worry lol. My mom friend from highschool sales Avon and she buys from her to help. She's been doing for a very long time. Actually I did get my makeup done from a friend. I never had makeup done from a professional before.

As for me I'm still investing only store makeup and not highend yet.

Postby Kyndreth » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:12 pm

Ahaha, yeah... I've tried some makeup a bit, but I'm at the level of, I apply foundation for coverage. Now a little lip tint. Makeup!

Blush? Uh... idk? Contouring? Uhhhhhh... eye makeup? Egads... that's scary!

Postby Dream » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:15 pm

Kyndreth wrote:Ahaha, yeah... I've tried some makeup a bit, but I'm at the level of, I apply foundation for coverage. Now a little lip tint. Makeup!

Blush? Uh... idk? Contouring? Uhhhhhh... eye makeup? Egads... that's scary!

I'm a newbie with makeup too lol. I don't do it everyday but when I get in the mood to. I watch tons of videos. Finally since I've been working I was able to purchase a lot of makeup products. I do like the highlight and contour look and the natural look. I do the natural look more often. I can't even highlight and contour right. :/

Postby murmurlade » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:18 pm

so many you tubers. thank you, ill give them a quick look through!

Local time: Sat May 18, 2024 6:34 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome Wagon