New here? Introduce yourself!

Fresh Meat!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Fresh Meat!

Postby Willow » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:00 am

Hello I am Willow. My fave foods are sushi and strawberries. I also really like cheesecake. I love reading, writing, karaoke, acting and dressing up. I play a number of virtual pet sites and love cats and bats. I also adore Halloween, Fairy Tales and tea. :heart:

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 7:42 pm

Re: Fresh Meat!

Postby galled » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:13 am

Welcome to Windlyn!

Thank you for the awesome introduction message. What kind of acting do you do (stage and/or screen)?

I'm a movie person myself, but I prefer to be behind the camera. ;)

Please feel free to jump into any thread. Everyone is super-friendly! :)

Server Administrator

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 8:42 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Kyndreth » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:17 am

Oh, hello Willow! I love sushi and I love cheesecake, as far as food goes that is.

I too enjoy reading, writing, and karaoke.

What stories do you like to read? What sooongs do you liiiike!? What can you sing? What tea do you like to drink? Tea bags or looseleaf? Fannings or whole leaves?

I have questiooons! And I'm procrastinating on an essay. Else I'd flood all the forums with posts.

Welcome to Windlyn online.

Try visiting Lemon Cheesecake's Daily feather thread and her Pillow Fight thread for feather earning!

If you've got questions, don't be afraid to ask!

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 9:42 pm

Kyndreth's Story Thread | Kyndreth's Pets

Kyndreth Sings Discord Link!
Thursdays 7pm CDT

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:01 am

Welcome to windlyn!

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 10:42 pm

Postby Willow » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:13 am

galled aww I am glad you liked it. I am more of a screen actor. I dont really like the feel of stage acting as much and find it more stressful. Film is way more my speed, but I do love seeing other people do stage!

I love movies so much. They are life. And I do stuff in front of and behind. but much prefer to be in front. :heart: Thank you so much for such a warm welcome!

Kyndreth sounds like you have really good taste :grin_wink: I love reading a variety of things. Im currently really enjoying All the Wrong Questions by Lemony Snicket. They are prequels to A Series of Unfortunate Events. While I have a high reading comprehension, I prefer children/youth books. I find they are a lot more fun :heart: However that being said, I lean towards enjoying things that are darker and full of mystery.

One of my fave genres of music is gothic rock (like Siouxsie and the Banshees and Bauhaus) , but I prefer singing pop songs for karaoke. I sing a lot of the "classics". Some of my faves are stuff like Cher and David Bowie. How about you?

I drink mostly looseleaf, whole leaves. My fave go-to teas are peppermint and chamomile, otherwise I like something fruity like strawberry.

I hope the essay is going well!! Thank you for the warm welcome! Sorry for the delay (and if I missed anything) Im multitasking! Thank you so much for the links and such!

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:16 am

I'm a film student, but I'm more of a person to work the camera than to be the one being filmed.

It's like a dream to be able to shoot film for movies and such.

But that's interesting.

Postby Willow » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:24 am

MonkeyGirl18 - Thanks for the welcome. well Id assume youd go into film school for working the camera (among other film things like sound, lighting) right? Otherwise there is separate acting programs. Most actors dont learn how to film stuff, its just an interest Ive had. It doesnt have to be a dream, you could do amateur stuff :heart:

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:32 am

Of course, I know there are different programs for actors, lol. I was just meaning, you want to be the one being filmed and I want to be the one filming.

Well, I do want to have a youtube channel. Like, making skits and stuff like that. I just don't have a good video camera (not even a good phone with a good camera to record videos). Let alone, editing software.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:35 am

Welcome Willow! How'd you find our friendly little community? Looks like everyone has been filling you in. Monkeygirl18 also has some game threads and her shut up and take my money lottery right now is offering the chance for Valentine wings. Wings are very rare on here so take the opportunity to get them if you can. The St>Patrick's day rainbow hunt (see home page) is still going on for the chance at the new green colored wings.

Please drop into any of my game threads. Spring/Easter event should be coming up in a few weeks so build up the feathers by posting or playing the games and keep checking on.

Don't forget to fish at the star pond (under the game tabs above) every 8 hours for free items. And when items are in the Lazarus shop buy those first as they are only temporary and sometimes don't return.

Postby Willow » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:59 am

MonkeyGirl18 ohh I wasnt trying to condescend or anything, oops. I understand now. Yeah thats kinda cool :heart: Its good to have a balance, if everyone wanted to be IN film, it would be hard to make films hey? :cheer: Where I live it feels like everyone wants to be a star in the independent scene. So I find Ive been doing more than just acting atm.

I saved up and also asked for money as an xmas gift to get my canon. It wasnt super expensive, its a lower grade but should do well for the stuff I wanna create with my team of friends. I might have to direct as well as act for what Ive got planned. Im going to be doing professional acting stuff more often so Im trying to get some personal projects I wanted to do out of the way while i have the time, like a webseries. Maybe your school will let you rent some gear or something? You could try make friends who have equipment? Or You could try to make a stylised thing to work with the cameras you do have .. some sort of creative found footage thing? idk. I wish you luck, dont give up! :cheer:

@Lemon Cheesecake oh wow so much going on! Yeah everyone here is soooo nice! I didnt expect this site would have so much happening gosh. I'm trying to balancing this and some other sites atm :strain: Thank you so much for all the tips. Ill have to come by here when Im less busy!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:05 am

actually that is a great idea for Monkeygirl18 ...the colleges and Universities here in California have film and acting clubs. If you don't have anything there maybe get a Prof to sponsor you and start your own club up. Here the school gives an allotment of funds to a viable club so you can purchase equipment and/or maybe you could rent/use school equipment if they have it. Do a commercial for your school or something with your club to get more funding? There are lots of ideas to act on maybe some members have already tried them and could give suggestions.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:08 am

Oh, no, you weren't condescending at all. I was just trying to make it clear what I really meant, lol.

The camera I have is one on my webcam built into my laptop and the camera on my cheap as dirt phone which would result in videos with the same quality as watching youtube vids on 144p. (or whatever that number is)

But if I get a new phone soon, I can actually start making vids.

If I was still at the uni I was in, yeah, I would be able to do something like that, but right now, I'm trying to get back. Y'know, because poor life choices.

I also don't know anyone with a film equipment.

Postby Kyndreth » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:29 am

Willow wrote:Kyndrethsounds like you have really good taste :grin_wink:

I love reading a variety of things. Im currently really enjoying All the Wrong Questions by Lemony Snicket. They are prequels to A Series of Unfortunate Events. While I have a high reading comprehension, I prefer children/youth books. I find they are a lot more fun :heart: However that being said, I lean towards enjoying things that are darker and full of mystery.

One of my fave genres of music is gothic rock (like Siouxsie and the Banshees and Bauhaus) , but I prefer singing pop songs for karaoke. I sing a lot of the "classics". Some of my faves are stuff like Cher and David Bowie. How about you?

I drink mostly looseleaf, whole leaves. My fave go-to teas are peppermint and chamomile, otherwise I like something fruity like strawberry.

I hope the essay is going well!! Thank you for the warm welcome! Sorry for the delay (and if I missed anything) Im multitasking! Thank you so much for the links and such!

But of course I do, I'm me! :P

Ahhh, the author of a Series of Unfortunate events. I read that when I was younger but I think that depressed me so I stopped after a couple of books XD

Hm... I'm more of a web novel, sci-fi/fantasy sort, though that isn't to say I don't like youth books. I think I enjoy reading books by Tamora Pierce. Murder mystery is fun. I actually started reading books because I found mystery novels so exciting. I was reading the Hardy Boys rather than Nancy Drew though.

Hm, I don't particularly have a favorite genre of music, but when it comes to singing karaoke, pop is where it's at. Easier at least. Some soul music too like Adele and Amy Winehouse. I sing Take me to Church by Hozier pretty well too :P

Ahhh, looseleaf is my preferred way to drink, though at work I use teabags because that's just easier. Maybe I should bring a mug to work or something. I think, technically those are Tisane's. Or do they have tea leaves in them too? Technically it's only tea if it uses the leaves of the Camellia Sinensis (Tea Plant) though, if I recall correctly. Technicalities, whoo.

Thanks! I finished it in a rush, hopefully it's not bad, because I didn't proofread it.... oooh... wait.. I didn't proofread it. Crap. I've already turned it in too D:

You're welcome!

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 9:42 pm

Postby Willow » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:56 pm

MonkeyGirl18 oh thank goodness! Yeah things can easly get lost in translation via text. So thanks for clarifying! I hope you can get new tech sooooon! :heart: Poor life choices? if you need to chat about that my inbox is open!

Kyndreth touche! aww those books are so good. Maybe give em a try now that you are older?

ohh I have issues reading online, it strains my eyes. I also really love the smell of books :cheer: When I read adult stuff is like Sherlock Holmes and various classic lit. I do also really love horror, I just have been reading a lot lighter things lately. My fave sci-fi book series is Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I LOVE British humour. I was wayy more into Nancy Drew over Hardy boys.. probably because.. you know.. shes a girl. I like female leads.

Take me to Church is so beautiful. Seems you sing a lot of modern stuff? I tend to do a lot of 80s-early 2000s :cry: Ive never really looked up modern stuff when I go singing... I wonder if anywhere near by has Melanie Martinez? Shes my current fave. Her stuff is fun to sing.. not sure if Im as good at her style.. Ill have to trryyy. Im pretty decent at most alternative.

ya tea bags are nice when you are lazy or busy :tongue:

you should always proof read -gulp- I hope it turns out ok :cry: :heart:

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:21 pm

My whole story is already out on my hangout thread.... things got too real there recently, though. But ok.

Btw, you should enter my lottery thread, Shut Up and Take My Money Lottery. I'm giving out a pair of wings (wearable wings, not the currency) that are hard to come by. You should join!

Kyndreth, at least you turned it in...on time. lolol

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon