New here? Introduce yourself!

Fresh Meat!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Fresh Meat!

Postby Kyndreth » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:17 pm

Willow wrote:Kyndreth touche! aww those books are so good. Maybe give em a try now that you are older?

ohh I have issues reading online, it strains my eyes. I also really love the smell of books :cheer: When I read adult stuff is like Sherlock Holmes and various classic lit. I do also really love horror, I just have been reading a lot lighter things lately. My fave sci-fi book series is Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I LOVE British humour. I was wayy more into Nancy Drew over Hardy boys.. probably because.. you know.. shes a girl. I like female leads.

Take me to Church is so beautiful. Seems you sing a lot of modern stuff? I tend to do a lot of 80s-early 2000s :cry: Ive never really looked up modern stuff when I go singing... I wonder if anywhere near by has Melanie Martinez? Shes my current fave. Her stuff is fun to sing.. not sure if Im as good at her style.. Ill have to trryyy. Im pretty decent at most alternative.

ya tea bags are nice when you are lazy or busy :tongue:

you should always proof read -gulp- I hope it turns out ok :cry: :heart:
Ahahaha, maybe. No promises though. I've got a massive backlog of books and webnovels to slog through :P

I find dark backgrounds easier on my eyes, personally. There are some big translation sites with dark background and light text on it. That's always helpful to me. Less eye strain I might throw together a night windlyn style one day. I've already got Responsive Windlyn partially done (not very done, but it's something) and part of a Windlyn Online while at Work style.

Sherlock holmes is pretty fun. My sci-fi fantasy books are like... mercedes lackey stories and anne mccaffrey's books. Ohhh, or the Vorkosigan Saga. I ran across that series by accident one night and was hooked! Smell of books huh...? Hum... it's been a while, so I dunno what the smell of books is. I like female MCs that kickass with their martial arts and warrior princess types. Yeah, that was my thing growing up. The Femme Fatale, sexy and dangerous as all get out. Black Widow is my spirit animal :P

Yup, I enjoy singing take me to church. Took a lot of effort though. That song is loooow. Yeah, I tend to sing more modern stuff, whatever I happen to hear on the radio enough and like enough or what's in my range over the radio. I've heard of Melanie Martinez, her stuff sure is fun to sing. I looove singing Mad Hatter.

Yuppers, also a good idea when you're using hot water from a tap and what you've got are the Styrofoam cups. I really need to bring my own mug. That's for sure.

Ahahaha... well, gluck me! I'm sure there are typos there! I'm also certain I wasn't consistent. My paper was comparing GaiaOnline to Windlyn. I probably should have asked people here for opinions XD

MonkeyGirl18 wrote:My whole story is already out on my hangout thread.... things got too real there recently, though. But ok.

Btw, you should enter my lottery thread, Shut Up and Take My Money Lottery. I'm giving out a pair of wings (wearable wings, not the currency) that are hard to come by. You should join!

Kyndreth, at least you turned it in...on time. lolol

Kek, if I'm not careful, my whole thing about my ex and my break up will be all over one of the hangout threads eventually XD
Note to self, do not get very drunk and while on windlyn.

Ahahaha, that's true. It may not be complete, it may not be polished, it might be only good enough for toilet paper, but it was turned in on time! Triumph!

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 9:22 pm

Kyndreth's Story Thread | Kyndreth's Pets

Kyndreth Sings Discord Link!
Thursdays 7pm CDT

Postby murmurlade » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:26 pm

Willow
Late welcome, Willow! You look like you've already been here awhile, heh.

(We certainly are getting a bigger influx of users than usual recently)

I like sushi too! But unfortunately, I can only make simple rolls ^q^ anything too fancy is out of the question.
What do you like?

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 11:22 am

----------------------------------------
taugeeee @ twitter / deviantart / gaia
currently: questing bubble wings

always semi-hiatus due to work
please ping me if you want a reply.
----------------------------------------

Postby Willow » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:50 pm

MonkeyGirl18 sorry for late response, as I said multitasking :wink: this site has a lot of stuff for me to look into :cheeky: Thank you so much for the invite. I just wanna make sure I can look over everything properly before I enter. Id love to win those wings, they are super cute!

Kyndreth oh I know how that is. I keep telling people Ill try out this and that.. and rarely get around to it. I feel baaaad :cry: I should look into darker backgrounds. I had an e-reader that had a darker background but it was still kinda frustrating.. and hard on me. I have very bad vision lol Warrior Princess, marital arts types.. sounds more like my tv interests :cheer: I prefer those things visually. Femme Fatales are the best :) Mad Hatter is great fun. Sorry for a delayed and short response.. Im not feeling well and have a zillion things to do but felt anxious about keeping you waiting. I appreciate your conversion and wish I could reply in kind with all the thought and length. :heart:

murmurlade not late? Im super new. Just joined today. :heart: Thank you. I dont make my own.. its too smelly and ends up costing as much as ordering. I really like getting a "rainbow roll" because its a mixture of fishies and some places serve it with octopus in it. I like crab, salmon and tuna a lot. I guess Im boring. I do have celiac disease so it makes my options more limited.

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 7:22 pm

Postby murmurlade » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:59 pm

willow
mmmm but you've already been welcomed, so im still late. its.. smelly? really? o.0 ive never noticed.
doesn't celiac just mean you just don't eat wheat and barley? >~< ) im not very knowledgable, sorry..
you shouldn't eat raw fish, btw! its not safe :0

Postby Kyndreth » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:06 pm

Willow wrote:Kyndreth oh I know how that is. I keep telling people Ill try out this and that.. and rarely get around to it. I feel baaaad :cry:

Yup, that's just life. So much to do, so little time.

Willow wrote:I should look into darker backgrounds. I had an e-reader that had a darker background but it was still kinda frustrating.. and hard on me. I have very bad vision
Darker background with lighter text. Don't choose a completely black background if possible, but a dark gray. If you can change font-size, tweak it a bit, but generally use a light gray rather than a pure white. If I recall that's some of the design things you need to consider for dark modes. Up the contrast and font-size if that's the way you need to go. Then again, some people actually need reduced contrast for their eyes. Reading on screens is generally slower than reading a book.

Willow wrote:lol Warrior Princess, marital arts types.. sounds more like my tv interests :cheer: I prefer those things visually. Femme Fatales are the best :)

Yup, those were my tv interests, but they're also pretty fun in books too.
Some of the stories seem to go like this: "I'm a great genius doctor! Try to kill/cripple my family/people? Too bad, with godly skills I heal them. Want to cause trouble? Medicine and Poison are two sides of the same coin! Wanna fight me? Pyak-pyak! (slapping sounds) Tsk tsk, I'm also good at martial arts. Hmph, your crown prince isn't even good enough to carry my shoes! He wants to break the engagement? Are you kidding me? The one getting dumped is him!"

Willow wrote:Mad Hatter is great fun.

Yup, mad hatter is fun. Mrs. Potatohead, tag you're it, and crybaby are too. As well as dollhouse.

Willow wrote:Sorry for a delayed and short response.. Im not feeling well and have a zillion things to do but felt anxious about keeping you waiting. I appreciate your conversion and wish I could reply in kind with all the thought and length. :heart:

Whoooa, no worries. I'm drowning in threads to respond to right now, so don't worry. I generally don't mind responses in a day or two.

Ahhh, go rest then. Tis fine~!

murmurlade wrote:you shouldn't eat raw fish, btw! its not safe :0

B-but! It's delicious!!!

Postby ShiroGEM » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:13 pm

Heheh hello there! I certainly have never met you before //winkwink/
What do you think of the site so far? ovo/ Feels like you're getting used to the community already!

@mur
raw fish is great
sashimi is life

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby Kyndreth » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:17 pm

Seee! Someone gets it! Someone gets it!

Wait, that makes... three of us? Mur, you're outnumbered!

Postby murmurlade » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:15 pm

Postby Kyndreth » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:32 pm

Meh, dailymail.
Oh, pictures.

Welp... there goes that...

Postby murmurlade » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:43 pm

Hygiene *gives peace sign*

Postby ShiroGEM » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:46 pm

Well HK food regulations are pretty strict, so i'm going to eat them anyway. c':

Postby Kyndreth » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:47 pm

Murmur, you're eeeviiiilll!

I can't be sure of food quality Dammit!

Postby murmurlade » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:10 pm

@tenshi
NOOOOOOMIGOD PLEASE STOP DID THAT NOT PUT YOU OFF A LITTLE BIT?? AT LEAST TRY TO EAT LESS.. AND MAKE SURE ALL THE SUSHI RESTAURANTS ARE RANKED A FOR HYGIENE.....

@kyuun
but its good for you! i don't want you going to a hospital!
i used to love sashimi, but restaurants aren't very sanitary here so... nah.

Postby ShiroGEM » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:55 am

HK sushi restaurants must be licensed to serve raw fish so it's all good because they renew it every year. ouob I avoid eating sashimi in Taiwan though because they don't really have good hygiene sometimes. >_>;; I've already watched enough Monsters Inside Me from Animal Planet to not get put off by parasites.

Postby Kyndreth » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:31 am

.... Ohhh, so sashimi in taiwan is a bad idea...?
Um... fuck.

I've never checked for hygeine rankings... I wonder if I should go check into a hospital to ensure I don't have a thousand and one parasites in me now.

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome Wagon