New here? Introduce yourself!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Postby Lithorniel » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:21 am

Hey guys! Newbie here. I'm on quite a few avatar sites, but I'm new here. I assume that you post on the forums to get feathers?

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 5:15 pm

Re: Newbie

Postby galled » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:36 am

Welcome to Windlyn!

Posting will do that, as will playing games and the various events.

I hope you have fun here!

Server Administrator

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 3:15 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:10 am

Welcoem to Windlyn - I am so happy you found us!

As Gallad said- game room games allow three scores to be counted per day for feathers. Easiest one is the Ransacked room matching game.

Roll on my game threads for free feathers (link in my signature) AND on my and Gizzie's charity thread, follow the prompts on the posts and get past items. Watery and Akuyi also do free item give a way to newcomers in their yard sale shops, check out the yard sale forum.

RIGHT NOW before Nov 7 you can get Halloween items on the Scary Movie Night thread.

Lazarus shop items are only temporary so my advise is to buy those first before they are gone.

You can always open up an art shop to earn feathers as well.

Do you have any type of craft or hobby you enjoy? Cooking? or?

Postby Watery Star » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:39 pm

Welcome to Windlyn Lithorniel!
Yep posting is the standard way but as Lemon and Gallad said there are other ways too.

What are you favorite colors and styles? I can give you some items based on that info or you can visit the fashion show subforum and look at the item guides for what interests you. My shop link is in my signature.

Postby Gingerale » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:05 pm

Welcome, welcome!We have members on other sites here, some I think use their same user names, or something similar, maybe you will recognize them.

and don't forget to go fishing in the star pond every 8 hours - you can catch backgrounds there! (under the game room tab).

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 2:15 pm

Postby Lithorniel » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:45 pm

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome, as well as the tips. I'll be sure to check out the games room for sure. :)

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:

Thank you so much. I will definitely check out your thread. As for my hobbies, I like writing and reading, watching tv shows or movies and collecting art for my OCs mainly.

Watery Star wrote:

Oh my gosh. You are too kind. I would indeed appreciate some things if you would like to give me some. Mainly I like light colors or earthy tones. And as for style, it can be anything really. I especially love flowing clothes though. :)

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:35 pm

you will probably like the gowns and dress items we have from past events. Check out the yard sales.

Postby Lithorniel » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:29 am

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:you will probably like the gowns and dress items we have from past events. Check out the yard sales.

Thanks. I'll definitely be sure to check them out.

Postby Watery Star » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:55 am

It's no problem! Always helps to have some things to start off with.

Please post in my shop thread(linked below). I have a list of items that are available. We can discuss there what freebies you may like.
http://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=1529

Postby Lithorniel » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:49 am

Watery Star wrote:It's no problem! Always helps to have some things to start off with.

Please post in my shop thread(linked below). I have a list of items that are available. We can discuss there what freebies you may like.
http://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=1529

Okay, thank you so much. I'm checking the thread out now.

Postby galled » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:02 am

Which TV shows do you watch? I've been watching THE WALKING DEAD (although I've started to lose interest in it), and like shows like DOCTOR WHO (can't wait to see the new Doctor!), THE FLASH, and SUPERGIRL. I like historical dramas too. I guess the only ones I can't watch are reality TV and most sporting programs except F1, GRAND SUMO, and AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR.

Do you have any favorite movies??

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:42 pm

Welcome to Windlyn!

Postby Lithorniel » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:37 pm

galled wrote:Which TV shows do you watch? I've been watching THE WALKING DEAD (although I've started to lose interest in it), and like shows like DOCTOR WHO (can't wait to see the new Doctor!), THE FLASH, and SUPERGIRL. I like historical dramas too. I guess the only ones I can't watch are reality TV and most sporting programs except F1, GRAND SUMO, and AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR.

Do you have any favorite movies??

My favorite TV shows are Doctor Who, Supernatural, Sherlock, and Midnight, Texas. I am also very interested to see the new Doctor.

And my favorite movies are The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:33 pm

I like the Doctor and Sherlock - have you ever watched Elementary with a female Watson?

I really love the Lord of the Rings, although some people find it long and boring that I have watched it with. Have to say I was disappointed with the Hobbit trilogy movies...those were too long. I do like the older renditions of The Hobbit movie and the cartoon version, better.

Postby galled » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:06 pm

Oh yes, SHERLOCK is wonderful! I forgot about it since there hasn't been any new episodes in ages...

Server Administrator

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon