New here? Introduce yourself!

Someone Took My Tagline! Lol Sorry, I'm New.

Moderator: Ryvvi

Someone Took My Tagline! Lol Sorry, I'm New.

Postby Valentine Strange » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:17 pm

As a Pokemon nerd usually I make some Pokemon reference in the subject title for my "Welcome" posts, but someone already did. Hello, I am new, but that part is obvious and I already said that in my title. :tongue:
Another thing that is obvious is that I wandered around the shops a bit before coming to the forums. I found these nice eyes and these pants. A few other things too, but I'm waiting to get more so I can make complete outfits with them. They are mostly accessories. Honestly, backgrounds are really expensive though so I think I need help with that. And another thing that should be obvious is that I did not save enough feathers for a pet. Oops. I can't decide what pet I want anyways so I guess it is a good thing? I did check out where you buy wings, and man, they are so affordable! That is rare in most places like this. And it's good for me because I'm not entirely sure if I'm still going to have job here soon... Anyways, let's not linger too much on that or we'll be sad!
I hereby as of the time I created this account go by Valentine Strange on here. That will be what you know me as unless, well, you ever meet me in real life. I came here because I was looking through some old sites I used to be on and quite a few had closed down and honestly it broke my heart a little (and made me feel old) so I decided to Google search "avatar and pet sites" and someone made this whole long list on a different avatar site and this was the main one that caught my attention so I joined. I adore this artwork and spent time reading through all the lore so I know a bit about this fictional world for RPing purposes.
This is about the time where I say "go look at my profile to learn more about me", but well it is late here and I am tired so setting up my profile is going to have to wait. Here is a few things though until it is complete. I am 23 going on 24 sometime this month. I like cats and own two little darlings. I am a gay man and can be very strange so bare with my mild crazy, okay? And the rest, well, there was this spiffy little questionnaire thing that I'm just going to copy and paste like so:

What is your favourite food? (or, alternatively, what's the weirdest thing you've eaten?) Er... this is a hard one. I like food and can be a bit of a gourmet. Salmon tar tar is probably the strangest thing I have eaten, but it was delicious.

What are some of your hobbies? Reading, writing, drawing, video games, and card games like Uno

What are you most passionate about? I'm too tired right now to think of something.

Do you have a favourite colour(s)? Black and red. They go well together.

What's your favourite joke? I don't know any jokes. >:U

What's the one thing you can't live without? Books.

Do you have a superstition? Superstition, like something you think causes bad luck? No not really. That's mainly because my whole childhood I spent with an adorable and sweet black cat, and he crossed my path so many times and nothing happened. :tongue:

When you drop a line, where does it go? ... Wait, what? Is this about fishing?

How fast do hotcakes really sell? ... Like hotcakes. :cool:

What did people compare good things to before sliced bread was invented? Most likely fire.

So yeah that is about it. Except for this! Oh my gosh, I think I already have two favorite NPCs. The tall blonde handsome male from The Lazarus and the NPC from Tippberg (<== spelling?). Such beautiful people.

Local time: Fri May 17, 2024 5:28 am

Re: Someone Took My Tagline! Lol Sorry, I'm New.

Postby Diana » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:32 pm

Welcome to Windlyn! Great introduction!
Thank you for all your praise! I'm glad you like Windlyn so far! :cheer: :heart:

We have quite a lot of pokemon lovers here. Do you have a favourite game/series? Yellow version was the first one I ever played, and I've got to say it is my favourite.

I've had tuna tartare, but never salmon. Have you had poke? It is the newest food craze where I live.

Because you don't know any jokes, I'll tell you one!
How do you make a hankerchief dance?
[+] SPOILER
You put a little boogie in it! B)

Site Admin

Local time: Fri May 17, 2024 2:28 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:55 pm

Welcome to WindlyN!

The backgrounds are seemingly expensive but they take a lot of work and really...you can save up the feathers in a short period of time playing games, posting and ...visiting my game threads! (See my signature).

But you can also get backgrounds from the star pond fishing - for free! (Like Diana's background of the meteor shower, various moon landings or the reflection lake.) For a long time we could only get backgrounds from events so this has been a welcome addition to our shops.

Postby Shamrock Shamus » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:14 am

Lol it was me that took your tag line. Sorry. Lol. I am also a Pokémon nerd. It started as just a thing I was into and now it's something I use to connect and bond with my children. : P

I joined two days ago (was it two?) and I still am deciding on a pet.
Cats are the best. I have one and she's...she's something else. Let's just say that. I see you used to have a black cat to. I had one for many years and she was awesome.

Uno gets extreme at my place. My kids are all overly competitive. Monopoly usually ends up with someone flipping the board over. Lol. Card games are so fun.

Anyway, enjoy your stay.

Veni Vidi Vici
ΔS

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:32 am

We have had some Pokemon diehards on here, you might have to draw them out though as some are only on periodically.

If you buy a pet then notify me in my charity and I give you a immortality potion so that the pet won't die. If you buy an egg it stays safe until it's hatched but without the potion you have to keep it fed or it will starve to death without the potion. You can purchase all three potions with wing currency ( wings are bought with real currency on paypal). Check out the Diamond shop.

You can get an awesome Ursus bear pet from star pond fishing too. The blue sky one can not be bought.

Postby Valentine Strange » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:02 pm

I grabbed a Snome like at... I think 11:50 at night yesterday after I read in an announcement that they were going away at the end of Feb. 02. (Which was yesterday!) Talk about cutting it close. Anyway say hello to Thomas. (Is there a way to actually name pets so I can make his name official?)

Diana
Thanks.
Aw no problem.

That is a tough question. It is hard to pick just one favorite game series or game. Pokemon has been with me forever, but I also play a lot of games so I have quite a bit of game series I enjoy. Pokemon Yellow was my first too and happens to be my favorite in the series. I do also enjoy the Gamecube versions, but not a lot of people seem to talk about Pokemon Coliseum and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness.

If you like salmon I suggest trying it at least once. And I had to google what poke is so no, but it looks good. I wonder if there is a place near me that sells it.

Why didn't I expect that to be coming? XD

Lemon Cheesecake
I seemed to have pulled one out from the pond. Now I'm on the moon without a spacesuit. I usually do not have this good of luck with things like this. I was expecting to have a collection of star ribbon before pulling out a background.

Shamrock Shamus
Yes, I see. :grin: That's cool.
I got my younger brother into Pokemon, Zelda, and some other things that I grew up with so he'd know about some good classics and that we'd have something to talk about and bond over.

I went ahead and earned enough for a Snome yesterday since they were a limited pet, but I'm still struggling with deciding between the others. If there was a cat then there'd be no competition... I'd get the cat. I am curious about the bear and platypus. (I'm assuming based on the egg names.)

I don't think I'll never have a cat. I grew up with them and they make good companions. So I really can't picture myself without one.
Lol, does she have a cattitude?
Black cats are like little furry shadows. I had mine for fourteen years before he passed away. He was one of my first cats.

I can be very competitive too, but I am also very particular about the rules. I usually end up calling people out for breaking them. No one plays Monopoly with me. They say it takes too long. I actually like it and want the Zelda and Pokemon versions. I have heard though that when Monopoly is played right it should only take an hour.
I have never known someone to flip the board over. :o Though I guess it can get frustrating.

Thanks.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:13 pm

Once your pet hatches you give it a name. But you can not change the name so choose wisely!

Here's a link to Pet Support

And we have photo's posted on my It's a Pet's Life of different stages of growth for the pets.

Mdom's pets have grown the furthest.

Postby Valentine Strange » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:22 pm

Lemon Cheesecake
Okay.
I checked out your charity and made a post.
Sorry I'm in between cleaning because I have guests coming over so replies a bit on the late side.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:43 pm

I sent you your gifts - and I'm having a cleaning day myself. Hope you have a fun time with your guests! Are you cooking dinner for them too?

Postby Valentine Strange » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:54 pm

Lemon Cheesecake
Thanks again.
Haha, no, I'm ordering pizza so I don't have to clean up again. ;w;

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:03 pm

mmm pizza...

Postby galled » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:45 pm

Welcome to Windlyn!

I'm a more traditional Pokemon fan. I kinda got lost after the original 150 and when Ash was gone, I lost interest. :(

I like some raw seafood, but it scares me too much to eat it. I like salmon too, but think I like tuna and oysters the best.

What kind of stuff do you draw? Traditional or digital?

Hope you enjoy your time here!~

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Valentine Strange » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:52 pm

galled
I have been playing since generation one and my favorite games are still within the the first generation. However if you asked me my favorite Pokemon, I'd answer with Pokemon from the second and third generation with a few from the first scattered in. Red was actually the name of the main character in the games. Ash is the main character for the anime and he's still there too. Which is odd because the anime is 21 years old yet Ash is still a ten year old boy. He has not aged at all in those 21 years. I have theories on this, but they are all really dark.

If it's cleaned right it actually should be pretty safe. This is part of the reason seafood takes so long to prepare. They need to clean it thoroughly.
I had really bad tasting tuna once so I am not too fond of it. I do like oysters a lot.

I draw a lot of things. I prefer traditional. My digital is not great. Well, I draw nice things with a computer mouse because I didn't have an art tablet for such a long time, but I've not gotten used to the drawing tablet. The stylus is kind of big, a little too big, which makes it feel weird in my hands so I never use it much and I've had one since high school. I want to work more on my traditional before I work on my digital though too. I also don't draw religiously. It's a hobby so I have been drawing since as long as can remember, but it has not progressed "to fit my age". If that makes sense. (I honestly hate it when people try to determine someone's age by their art.) I have found my art style though. It took years. I have multiple actually. Different ones depending on the theme of what I am writing.

I ramble...
Anyways, thanks.

Postby Valentine Strange » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:09 pm

(Don't hate me for double posting! :scream: )
galled
Sorry I think that came out snippy.

Postby galled » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:17 pm

No worries! Your reply was fine and very informative actually.

I'm afraid of getting food poisoning or terrible things like worms from bad fish. I'm not convinced that these are solved by cleaning well. I'm just a 'fraidy cat when it comes to food. :/

Server Administrator

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon