New here? Introduce yourself!

You find a Book of Secrets!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: You find a Book of Secrets!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:16 pm

Well, that also depends where in Canada you live.

Local time: Sat May 18, 2024 5:02 am

Postby npixelz » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:11 am

Yes, you're right, CANAD has a lot of different places, with different environments.

Local time: Sat May 18, 2024 7:02 am

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Death by Mirrors » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:54 am

I think it'd be interesting to visit Canada one day.
Do you have any recommendations what area is worth a trip?

Local time: Sat May 18, 2024 1:02 pm

Postby npixelz » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:32 pm

Toronto has the CNTower, so that's a good place. There's also Niagra falls which are pretty cool. All of the Maritime provinces are pretty interesting as well.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:47 pm

Summer is usually nice everywhere in Canada...the east coast may be a tad bit too humid sometimes though.

Postby npixelz » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:53 pm

Yeah, I don't know... You know how it's Spring right now? Well, it seems Mother Nature forgot to bring us spring weather... There's been freezing rain, hail, and snow all day.

Postby Death by Mirrors » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:45 am

Thank you both for your suggestions!

Actually I wouldn't even mind some snow, so maybe not-quite-spring like now is my perfect time to travel. :grin: Checked out the CNTower online, and I chuckled how the edgewalk package includes a "ticket to re-enter the tower". Like, if they didn't gave you one they would stand all inside by the window and stick out their tongue all "nuh-uh, nope! You're not getting back in here, have fun and don't fall off the ledge at night"

Maritime provinces look nice too, in fact I like their architecture better than Toronto's from what I gather on pictures. The falls are amazing, and apparently not that far from Toronto, so I could stay in one place and take a day trip to the other. (I'm going to check whether there is some Canadian equivalent of Interrail, where you have one ticket and may use all trains or buses in the area. A round trip seems the best deal to get to know the land)

npixelz, I love your avatar! You look like a cyber musketeer.

Postby npixelz » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:02 am

No problem! I just suggested places I'd been, though it's been awhile since then. ^^

Thank you! It's a robotic version of my Red Ranger outfit! ^^

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:50 pm

What kind of things are you interested in when you travel? Do you want shopping...city nightlife action...camping and hiking...museum's ...parks and flowers? Picturesque? Because there a lot of nice places to go to but some could be boring if you weren't into enjoying nature.

Postby npixelz » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:32 pm

True, true. Though I can never understand it when someone doesn't enjoy nature.

Postby Death by Mirrors » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:47 am

I like nature.

Nightlife... well, that depends. I'm not so much into bars and dance clubs, but if you do count musicals or burlesque shows to nightlife, then sure.
Hiking for me is a way to get to places mainly, so if there's a beautiful route I might walk along, okay. Usually I prefer to rent a bicycle though, because that means I can get to even more places to explore. I'm very slow when going by foot, so I wouldn't want a guided group hiking tour where I have to keep up with the majority's pace.
I love different cultures. Getting to know how life in another country varies from my own. Who the people are, what they do (eg. traditions, local holidays and so on)

Postby npixelz » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:43 am

Nature is awesome.

I don't like nightlife.
Yeah, hiking is fun, I'm a fast walker, so it's always a struggle trying to walk as slowly as the rest of my family.
Yeah, those are cool. I took an independent learning course in high school about different religions and cultures. I found it quite interesting.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:03 pm

Vancouver, B.C. has the seawall that you can bike or walk/jog around...about 6km around I believe and you can also head over to Stanley Park and look at the marine life and flower gardens. There is also the observatory at Queen Elizabeth Park and some fun cultural restaraunts and beaches to hang out at, Granville market for fresh produce and funkiness. Take a ferry over to one of the islands for a couple day tour of some very beautiful nature areas with trails or to Victoria for some historical museums and houses.

Postby Death by Mirrors » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:16 pm

Oh, that sounds nice too!
I'll put it onto my list :smile:

Postby npixelz » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:45 pm

Wow, I didn't even know that. It sounds pretty cool.
Oh! Also, in winter, Quebec usually has a snow and ice festival, with an ice castle, don't remember exactly where in Quebec, but if you ever visit Canada in the winter, that's a good place to go.

Previous

Return to Welcome Wagon