New here? Introduce yourself!

Hello

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Hello

Postby Calea » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:49 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Get your shark themed vests from the Lazarus shop ~ they are only available this week (until next year).

Thank you! I picked up two because they are so adorable!!

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:14 am

Postby Gingerale » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:39 pm

It's so hot here I am melting!

What are some ways you stay cool in the heat?

Postby Calea » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:53 pm

I don't think there is a stay cool option! I have a portable AC unit, but it's not the most effective.

I would say visiting the ocean, but the record heatwave has headed up the Pacific to 75-85 F!

My brain feels like it has melted and refuses to work most of the time.

How about you? I hope you don't melt!

Postby npixelz » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:25 am

Oh dear. Over here, I just stay in with the AC on all day. But over here, it's the cold during winter that's the worst.

When you talk about melting, I think of the Wizard of Oz.

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:14 am

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Calea » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:37 pm

Where is here? I live in Southern California, so lots of sunshine is to be expected, but I moved closer to the water for cool marina air!! Where did the cool air go?

It was actually quite nice today, I didn't feel like I was baking in my work pants.

The Wicked Witch of the West got lucky! Just my brain melts and it's difficult to function.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:06 pm

ahhh, coastal living...summer marine layer in the morning (because inland is triple digits) and sunny in the afternoon! Do not live inland in the summer without A/C. :wink:

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:14 am

Postby npixelz » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:11 pm

Ah, here, for me, is the good old country of Canada. Before you ask; no, I don't live in an igloo, no, I don't say eh after every sentence, no, we don't see moose and beavers randomly on the streets, no, it doesn't snow year round, and yes, most of us are really polite. ^^

Postby Calea » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:07 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:ahhh, coastal living...summer marine layer in the morning (because inland is triple digits) and sunny in the afternoon! Do not live inland in the summer without A/C. :wink:

Oh yes! I've lived in the Central Valley of California for most of my life. It was summer time April through November and July and August got up to 110 F. At least it cools off quite a bit when the sun goes down. So yes, I have lived in the state of California my whole life. As much as I don't like being boiling hot, I don't think I could live somewhere without 300 days of sunshine a year.

npixelz wrote:Ah, here, for me, is the good old country of Canada. Before you ask; no, I don't live in an igloo, no, I don't say eh after every sentence, no, we don't see moose and beavers randomly on the streets, no, it doesn't snow year round, and yes, most of us are really polite. ^^

I wasn't going to ask, but I'm sorry to hear that most people ask you that. When I think of Canada I think of hockey and poutine. Do people really ask if you live in an igloo? I'm a bit flabbergasted by that.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:53 pm

I've seen moose and beaver in Canada...but out in the woods...not roaming the streets. :wink:

Postby npixelz » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:55 am

People don't ask often, though I have been asked sometimes. I was more referring to a shirt I saw when I was little, that said the same thing. Since those are questions that are apparently asked a lot. I don't remember exactly what the shirt said, so I made my own version. ^^
Some more would be; no, not all of us play hockey, no, not all of us like poutine, no, we don't have maple syrup for breakfast all the time, no, we don't all like bacon, and no, I don't know your uncle (insert name here). ^^

Postby Calea » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:56 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:I've seen moose and beaver in Canada...but out in the woods...not roaming the streets. :wink:

I have seen a bear roaming the mountain side on my way to where my mom lives! Granted she lives out in the boonies, but it was still something to see a huge bear crossing the road I was driving on.

npixelz wrote:People don't ask often, though I have been asked sometimes. I was more referring to a shirt I saw when I was little, that said the same thing. Since those are questions that are apparently asked a lot. I don't remember exactly what the shirt said, so I made my own version. ^^
Some more would be; no, not all of us play hockey, no, not all of us like poutine, no, we don't have maple syrup for breakfast all the time, no, we don't all like bacon, and no, I don't know your uncle (insert name here). ^^

Do you personally like poutine? I've had variations of it, and so far, I find it tasty. I also have a penchant for carne asada fries, which are divine, if done correctly. I just like fries, and things on fries :wink: I think when I go visit my friend up in Washington state, I should go visit British Columbia.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:25 pm

Look at his chocolate event that Paris has end of October... "The World's largest event dedicated to chocolate". They even have chocolate themed clothes!

https://www.salon-du-chocolat.com

I bet you can find some fun things to do while you are over there.

and what the heck is poutine? Ok...I looked it up.. "The traditional story is that poutine originated in the 1950s in Warwick, Quebec, at a restaurant called Le Lutin qui rit. Upon being asked to add cheese curds to a customer's fries, owner Fernand Lachance responded, “Ça va faire une maudite poutine,” or, “That's going to make a dreadful mess.”

Well, cheese curds ah no, don't think I would like it but french fries and gravy? My favorite!

Postby npixelz » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:48 am

I don't like pouting as much as some, but I don't mind it. ^^

Postby Calea » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:15 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Look at his chocolate event that Paris has end of October... "The World's largest event dedicated to chocolate". They even have chocolate themed clothes!

https://www.salon-du-chocolat.com

I bet you can find some fun things to do while you are over there.

and what the heck is poutine? Ok...I looked it up.. "The traditional story is that poutine originated in the 1950s in Warwick, Quebec, at a restaurant called Le Lutin qui rit. Upon being asked to add cheese curds to a customer's fries, owner Fernand Lachance responded, “Ça va faire une maudite poutine,” or, “That's going to make a dreadful mess.”

Well, cheese curds ah no, don't think I would like it but french fries and gravy? My favorite!

Oh my gosh, I wish I could stay for that chocolate fantasy! I'm sure I'll find plenty to do!

Cheese is a weakness of mine :embarassed:

Postby npixelz » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:19 am

My weakness is nachos.

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome Wagon