New here? Introduce yourself!

Hello I'm new here

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Hello I'm new here

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:47 pm

Japan has such cool technology and innovative entertainment,art and generally a fascinating place overall.

Have you lived in Japan all your life? (I am assuming that's where you live).

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:04 pm

Postby sailor star rainbow » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:57 pm

Oh no I live in Louisiana all my life. I wish I could go to Japan some day.

I grew walking around down town New Orleans. with my dad and big sister a lot,but lived on the west bank we did. most of my younger life yet moved around the state plenty. after hurricane Katrina we moved up north to a small town called Ruston.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:04 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:57 pm

I am so sorry you got displaced by hurricane Katrina! What a horrifying experience that must have been!

So you are just learning about Japan then. I would like to visit Japan one day mysself.

If you lived in New Orleans and Louisiana do you do Creole/Cajun type seasoned cooking?

Postby sailor star rainbow » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:40 pm

I don't cook that stuff but my mom dose. but she always add's tony's chachere's to what she cooks when cooking cajun food.

But say it was a bit of a hassle that hurricane. was trouble some for us my mom,step dad,step brother and my brother. we had stay at a camp for a while till. we found a house to rent until we got the fema trailer. it was okay in size but only had one bathroom. that thing was huge I think it's the size of my current living room plus the kitchen area.

Postby Gingerale » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:17 am

Oh no! That is sad! Were you able to save anything from your home? On the news I saw pictures of people on their roofs waiting to be picked up from the flooding and houses totally destroyed. I am so sorry you had to go through that but thankfully it sounds like at least your whole family survived and you didn't get separated.

Postby sailor star rainbow » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:09 pm

At the time we lived in a small city called Belle Chase. it has a Air force base there so they would not show it on the news. all of are stuff was safe did not even get hit by any floods. but people that stayed while the hurricane was going on. was left with out food and fresh water after a couple of weeks.

My Dad,my grand papa went to Bossier city till. they where able go back home only the living room window got some damage. if I recall right about their house. my big sister and her husband I can't recall if they stayed are not. at the time they where still newlyweds how had gotten married in July of that year.

Postby galled » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:03 pm

Glad everyone made it through safe! It was quite a terrible storm.

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:06 pm

I am so glad your family and belongings were safe, but it still must have been a scary experience to have to leave your home and be camping in a strange place and not know when you could move back or even not sure if you ever could.

Nature is quite powerful and we have to remember to respect its forces and not build in susceptible places. I don't know how the permits go through to allow building in flood area etc when they don't have the proper infrastructure to keep the flooding at bay or prepare for proper dtainage etc. I see and hear of area's in the news that you wonder why they were allowed to build.

Have you had much rain this year yet? Some areas on the East Coast of the US have been hit pretty hard.

Postby sailor star rainbow » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:44 pm

We had rain on and off since May had some rain just this past Saturday. but luckily no hurricanes yet this year so far.

Mother nature can be crazy heck I recall. one year I was at my grand papa's house a tornado past by us. but the local super walmart got some damaged. half of the roof got rip off,plus we where with out power. for I think it was almost four in half days. can't recall what year it happen in but it sure was crazy.

Postby Gingerale » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:16 pm

I have been in strong winds and storms but never anything considered a hurricane. The pictures I see make it seem very frightening. Our storms on the West coast are pretty loud at times so I can only imagine hurricane's and tornado's.

Postby sailor star rainbow » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:50 pm

I bet it can be scary for you. when we lived in the fema trailer we got unlucky cause a US Army Reserve. behind us it was a few miles away if you walk. but sometimes on the weekend they have crazy loud party's. playing their music nice and loud we could hear it in are trailer.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:49 pm

You should have been able to report that! I thought any community had noise restrictions... I never understood why people want to have loud parties. I understand having fun and enjoying music but it should be within reason.
Hopefully that was only for a short period of time for you.

Postby npixelz » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:02 pm

I don't mind loud parties myself. But what I DO mind is when people have them at night when people are trying to sleep. Like, I get the need to have a loud party, and I get the need to have a party at night, but I don't get why people have to do those things together.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:04 pm

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Previous

Return to Welcome Wagon