New here? Introduce yourself!

Sup?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Sup?

Postby galled » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Names of things on Windlyn are typically puns or other word play. A Pollotein is a chicken--a play on protein and poultry or the Spanish word for chicken (El Pollo Loco = the Chicken Crazy?) Diana has a lot of pun with words! Heh

Server Administrator

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:01 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Cremuex » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:22 pm

Oh, cool.

I thought maybe it would've been that dragon looking thing on the banner but I don't mind a chicken either. I can't speak Spanish (or much of anything besides English) so those puns go over my head. I haven't studied any languages since very early high school so I forget most of it now and my French and Italian kinda melt into each other. I only know a few japanese words because anime. My language skills are sparse.

In other news, my little platypi buddy hatched! I called them snuffles because that's how they navigate underwater. They have a sort of ultrasound/echolocation for finding worms and bugs that they eat and that's how they find their burrows in rivers and lakes. Did you know that male platypus also have spurs on their back legs that inject venom? *jazz hands for animal facts*

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:01 pm

Postby galled » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:59 pm

One of our mods, ryvvi is a fellow Aussie (west coast) and she selected the platypus for a pet in honor of her birthday. She laid out a bunch of facts about the real ones. Very unusual creature that's for sure!

How did your city trip go? It all sounded so very in the season's spirits! Hope you had a great time!

Server Administrator

Postby Cremuex » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:01 pm

I'm East Coast (Sydney), I'm guessing they're Perth.

It went well :3c The book shop I was going to go to was a temporary pop up stall so it wasn't there when I went. I got a glass blown bird from the markets. Then I went to a specialty book shop to get a sudoku and crossword book for his dad. His mum takes care of birds so I got her a bird identifying book. She sometimes gets baby birds before they have feathers so it's hard to identify them sometimes.

Quick question; Are we allowed to edit the avatar base to make fan items? And where would that get posted if it's allowed? Like this stuff: Image

Postby galled » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:59 pm

Doh, I just double checked my directions and I'm wrong (all upside down down under). Melbourne.

I don't know specifics of where and how, so I'll let one of the others jump in with details. But posting art is fine. You can submit ideas for items and we have contests for items every now and then. We're all art affectionados here!

Server Administrator

Postby Cremuex » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:39 pm

Cool cool.

I can't do the style this site uses but it's fun to doodle.

That's cool. Melbourne is down the bottom on the Eastern side. To be fair I don't know anything about geography normally, so I totally understand not knowing where people online are.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:24 pm

Probably a thread in fashion design? Windlyn has had art contests for items so stock pile some ideas and maybe you could one day get an item made. I got a kite design! And the bear ears and the kitty aprons are member designed too.

Postby Cremuex » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:18 pm

There are bear ears? I must've missed those, unless they're not available in the shops anymore.

Uhh, how do you give an immortality potion to a pet?

I'll have to remember to keep some good ideas for myself then :3c

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:32 pm

The bear ears and crowns are past items not available in the site shops but sometimes available in the yard sale threads from members.

Click on your pet and under "special it should say the different stages you can do. Warning: if you "lock" the stage it will not grow any further.

I like the ringlets on your drawing...that would be a fun idea for hair for our avatar's. Diana has done different fairy tale theme's for items before...snow white, red riding hood etc so maybe that is something she already has in store for us? It's always a mystery and part of the fun is waiting to find out!

Postby Cremuex » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:42 pm

*holds my immortal platypi above my head like the lion king* It is done. Thanks for tell me how, I normally feed them on the page that has all the pets instead of the individual page.

Thanks :3c I'm looking forward to more avatar items too, I went and splurged on some fairy-esque items but I think this dress looks nicer than the tulip thing (not that it doesn't look nice, I just prefer this one).

I wouldn't mind getting me some angel-y items (like the angel toppers on the Christmas tree) that could look seasonal.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:14 pm

Yay! It will make it less stressful for worrying over your pet.

I love those dresses from the fishing pond. There are so many colors too and matching bows.

Hmm I will have to look thru the items to see if we have any angelic like items, most are fairy.

Postby Cremuex » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:38 pm

Mmm, it is pretty. So far I have a white bow and a black one to go with this dress, so that's nice.

I did notice MerMay as being a past event on the twitter page; That was probably pretty cool too.

I will buy some more of those immortality potions when I get more pets. I dunno if I'll be able to feed them everyday when I'm away from home and I might forget to put them in that daycare hotel thing.

Previous

Return to Welcome Wagon