New here? Introduce yourself!

Hi, I'm new.

Moderator: Ryvvi

Hi, I'm new.

Postby svetlana » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:47 pm

Nice to meet you all.
I was remembering how much fun I had on avatar communities when I was younger and decided to give it another try when I have the free time.
How's everybody doing today?

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:38 pm

Re: Hi, I'm new.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:52 pm

Welcome to Windlyn! Glad you made a thread so we can get to know you! Everyone is very friendly and we love getting to know new people.

Please visit the links in my signature for my game and charity threads.

Fish in the fishing pond every 8 hours. Quest every 12 hours. Questing items are generally shop or fishing pond items but sometimes there is a request for past items.

Play the games for a fast way to earn feather currency. Three scores per game count.

There are lots of items so check members yard sales for past event items not available in the shops. Lazarus items are only available for a short time so I suggest purchasing those first.

Do you have pets? Play any particular games? Movie fan? Favorite color?

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:38 pm

Postby galled » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:34 am

Welcome!

I hope you enjoy your time here and it brings back those warm fuzzy feelings that cute avatar sites give us! :)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby svetlana » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:30 am

Thank you both for the warm welcome.

About the quests: do I have to purchase the items that the character wants me to bring them from the shops, or are they found somewhere else?

Honestly, between work and school I don't have much free time for games or movies. I do have an account on Netflix where I choose a film at random from the category I'm interested in at the moment. It's great when I can find a good series where I get so into the show that I start rooting for some characters and hating others. What are your favorite things to watch?

My favorite color would have to be blue, but I experiment with colors and like brights. And you?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:37 am

Questing items are generally shop ( from the one with the flower icon usually) or fishing pond items but sometimes there is a request for past items. If it a past item I cancel the quest and try later. You can quest both sisters.

My favorite color is green...but I like blue's and purple's too.

Postby Gorirakujira » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:35 pm

Hi welcome! Hope you enjoy your time here.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:38 pm

Postby Gingerale » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:07 pm

Welcome! Come to my charity!

You should be proud of yourself for being able to handle working and school, either alone is demanding.

Do you like to get outdoors or do you like to stay indoors?

Postby svetlana » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:02 am

Lemon Cheesecake: Thank you! For some reason all the quests so far are asking me for summer or Novalia items.
What shades of green do you like?

Gorirakujira: Thank you! What does your username mean?

Gingerale: Thank you for the invitation. I will visit :) It's a sacrifice; I don't have much of a social life or many opportunities to go to new places. I'm set to graduate in about a year so that will be a load off my back? Are you working or studying?

I enjoy both. I like outdoor sports and clean, fresh snow. How about you?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:08 pm

I forgot about snow when it gets all dirty and then becomes slush...but a fresh snow is magical!

Well, once you are only working then you should hopefully be able to get a job with vacation time and start exploring new places or just enjoying familiar places.

Postby svetlana » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:22 pm

Hopefully! Prices of everything are increasing, and right now my priority is to break even, not take on any debt, and maintaining good grades.

Are you in an area where it snows a lot?

Postby Gorirakujira » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:28 pm

svetlana wrote:Lemon Cheesecake: Thank you! For some reason all the quests so far are asking me for summer or Novalia items.
What shades of green do you like?

Gorirakujira: Thank you! What does your username mean?

Gingerale: Thank you for the invitation. I will visit :) It's a sacrifice; I don't have much of a social life or many opportunities to go to new places. I'm set to graduate in about a year so that will be a load off my back? Are you working or studying?

I enjoy both. I like outdoor sports and clean, fresh snow. How about you?

Godzilla in Japanese is ゴジラ which in hepburn is Gojira. Gojira (ゴジラ) is a mix of two words: gorira meaning (ゴリラ) gorilla and kujira (鯨クジラ) meaning whale. Thats how Godzilla name came about. The monster was as strong as a gorilla and big as a whale.

So basically i am a gorilla whale lol :cheer:

I am a big fan of old school Japanese Godzilla films hence the idea of this username.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:38 pm

Postby svetlana » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:27 pm

Gorirakujira - that's a cool backstory. Do you speak Japanese? Also, is there a new Godzilla movie coming out soon?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:09 pm

Those are good goals Svetlana! Try to never go into debt! <a few exceptions like, although a mortgage is a kind of debt, if you can pay off your mortgage payments each month I think of it as "rent" and not debt>.

Postby galled » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:34 pm

Oh, no! There goes Tokyo! Go, go, Godzilla!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTzb-sduiWc

Server Administrator

Postby Gingerale » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:37 pm

"Godzilla in Japanese is ゴジラ which in hepburn is Gojira. Gojira (ゴジラ) is a mix of two words: gorira meaning (ゴリラ) gorilla and kujira (鯨クジラ) meaning whale. Thats how Godzilla name came about. The monster was as strong as a gorilla and big as a whale. "

That is so cool to know ! I never realized that, now it makes sense!

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon