New here? Introduce yourself!

Hello

Moderator: Ryvvi

Hello

Postby Tandy » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:07 pm

I've been looking for new websites to play on, so I thought I would try this one. The artwork on the avatars is beautiful.

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 10:34 am

Re: Hello

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:41 pm

Welcome to Windlyn ~ so glad you found us! Please check out the links in my signature to my game threads for a chance at extra feathers!

Lazarus shop are only temporary items so try to get those first.

Diana does a marvelous job on the avatar's and her dreams for this site. Her special hair item has been in the shop for her birthday in the past so check out the Lazarus shop on Friday.

Your favorite color? Do you have pets? Are you artistic? Crafts? Into Tech?

Don't be afraid to post in the threads...we all like to visit even if we are not on at the same time.

Postby Tandy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:39 am

Well, my favorite color is maroon, and pink, and forest green. I really like a lot of colors.
I had to give my cat away, because I couldn't take care of her any more. It's a horrible story that I don't want to get into with strangers on the internet.
I used to be artist back in high school and college, but not so much any more. I can't do art with the computer at all,

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:59 am

Oh no! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bring up any sad memories. I tried to drawing with the computer but I found it is a lot harder then drawing with an actual pen for me...but then I'm not very good at drawing anyway.

Don't forget to visit my charity thread! Once your egg hatches if you post in my thread I will give you an immortality potion for you Windlyn pet. You can fish every 8 hours at the fishing pond for new items, there are some rare items and backgrounds in the pond.

Did you get to see the lunar eclipse last week?

Postby Tandy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:55 am

No, I didn't get to see the eclipse.
I'll try to remember about the fishing and posting on your board when my egg hatches.

Postby galled » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:33 am

Welcome to Windlyn!

So sorry to hear about your cat. I don't have any pets IRL, but I find the virtual ones here show me that that commitment to a real one is more responsibility than I could handle. :/

What kind of art did you do (drawing, water colors, etc.)? What kinds of subjects were you drawn to?

I hope you enjoy your time here! :)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Tandy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:37 pm

In high school the art teachers wanted me to do realistic art, but it's hard to get that kind of thing to look right. In college and the years afterwards I found that I was a lot better at cutesy art, like what would be used for children's things.
Anyway, I am having fun here. I play the games to get a some more feathers. I especially like Spelling Bees. Then I buy a couple of items a day, so after a while I should have a lot of clothes to mix and match.

Postby Gingerale » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:02 pm

Welcome!

Come to my newbie thread for a welcome gift!

There is usually a red envelope item for Chinese New Year and a Valentine's event so keep checking back!

What is your favorite food?

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 9:34 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:07 pm

Beat my doughnut score and I will give you 500 feathers!

I like to play the Ransacked room game for quick feathers (It's a match game). :wink:

Postby galled » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:10 pm

We love cutesy thing here! :)

Wooboy, I stink at Spelling Bee's. My mind doesn't work fast enough or something. I like the doughnuts game the best and think I'm doing great, then Lemon crushes my score! :(

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:12 pm

lol, I don't know what happened, I'm not scoring like I used to! <I think I am flying through the doughnut game too quickly and not plotting out the score>. Thanks for the pat on the back though, Galled. :cheer:

Don't forget to check out my charity thread, Tandy!

Postby Watery Star » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:32 pm

Welcome to Windlyn Tandy!
I love the art on this site too, it's what drew me in. The people here are really sweet, it's a great community. I hope you enjoy it here. Feel free to post in any of my threads. I have a shop and I give extras away to new users.

Local time: Mon May 20, 2024 12:34 pm

Return to Welcome Wagon