New here? Introduce yourself!

Avi Site Vetran

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Avi Site Vetran

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:39 pm

I would think it takes a lot of effort to keep the sites going. I went to a panel for Gaiaonline a few years ago and he was talking about the nightmare it was to try and reorganize and get back to their original intent of the site. Not everyone was on the same page, some got paid, most were volunteers and many left disillusioned. (That was my take of the panel). Maybe if they were able to run it like a business? But then you have to sell something to make that happen and you need people with a keen business sense (and honesty)!

I was looking at a little guy sitting in the grocery cart yesterday...he was maybe 8-10 months...full set of hair sticking straight up...absolutely adorable! They just melt your heart...especially when they start interacting with the world around them.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:05 pm

Postby Akuyi » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:47 am

Oh yeah I hear a lot of our newbies mention that their previous avatar community shut down. I wonder what's going on there. Is it a trend?

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:05 am

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Postby snow_evee » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:14 am

Akuyi wrote:Oh yeah I hear a lot of our newbies mention that their previous avatar community shut down. I wonder what's going on there. Is it a trend?

I really hope not. Avi sites are my escape from reality when I need it. Its sad when they close down. Right now im trying to get active again on Menewsha.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 am

Postby Akuyi » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:37 am

I'm only really here and on Rec. It seems Rec has some trouble getting new items out currently, I sure hope things will stay healthy there. But Tekky (the creator) never really talks to us, noone knows what's going on in his head, haha. Image

Menewsha looks cute, but I'm kinda put off by pixellated avatars. Like, once I knew the beauty of Rec and Windlyn avatars, I cannot go back to pixels anymore.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:05 am

Previous

Return to Welcome Wagon