New here? Introduce yourself!

just another newbie

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: just another newbie

Postby raviolitheif » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:27 pm

Watery Star wrote:Welcome to Windlyn Percy!
I hope you enjoy yourself here. I loved the avatars on TinierMe and was sad when it closed but I enjoy this community so much more than that site and Gaia. I had some good times on Gaia but don't like what it's become. Windlyn is a small close-knit community and always makes me feel good when I visit.

I love Critical Role too! It got me to finally try D&D. I'm about to watch the live stream tonight.^^ Are you caught up? Have you watched all of the first campaign? I've listened to some of Adventure Zone. I like Dice,Camera, Action and RollPlay from ItmeJP too.

Gaia has become... terrible. everyone is an empty, trolly perv and therye all so rude :worry: i definitely like this community so much more already. for me, nothing will fill the void that the end of TinierMe put in my soul... but this is a good bandaid :cheeky:

I am caught up! i feel bad because i didnt watch the other campaigns, just this one with Jester, Caleb, Nott/Beth, Beau, Fjord, and Yasha! I'm starting to listen to the podcasts with the ones with Mollymauk, and the ones with Grog, etc. I... have a lot to work on haha. But goodness do I love it! Matt's NPC's fill me with so much joy, and I really hope the Mighty Nein goes to visit Kiri soon! I havent heard of Dice, Camera, Action or RollPLay :shock: I'll look into those! :embarassed: :heart:

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 1:35 am

Postby raviolitheif » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:31 pm

NerdyAliCat wrote:Hello and welcome to Windlyn!
I've heard about Critical Role but i've never had the time to get into it, however i do play D&D myself
What kinds of anime do you watch?

if you ever have a chance, Critical Role is so worth it :heart: hooray for fellow dnd nerds!! :smile:

i watch all kinds! Kakegurui, A Centaur's Life, Konohana Kitan, Blue Exorcist... that's not at all a comprehensive list, but it's a bunch of different genres to show what i like! i really dislike mech animes unless they're like Voltron where it centers around adventure more than the mech itself. those weird 3D anime are realllllyyy hard for me to get into (like the Dragon Prince or RWBY, things like that). I want to watch Overlord because i hear it's a mess!!

Postby NerdyAliCat » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:02 pm

raviolitheif
Hooray! I'll definitely have to check it out then since my groups sessions will be stopping for four months and i'll need my DnD fix
My friend told me about Kakegurui. Is it any good? I've recently been watching Boku no Hero Academia and i can't wait for season 4

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 5:35 pm

ImageImage
Thanks Yorunaka! - Thanks Valentine Strange!

Postby galled » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:30 pm

Maybe you could add to my research. What was it about TinierMe that you miss the most?

Server Administrator

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 2:35 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby raviolitheif » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:30 pm

galled wrote:Maybe you could add to my research. What was it about TinierMe that you miss the most?

i really miss the cute world maps with interactable things, the interactive holidays, the pets! and i really loved the whole anime style of it, it was adorable! i also miss the idle animations, and when i was there, the community was really nice. the art style here on windlyn is pretty similar so i do really like that! but the site as a whole didn't have that "blogger" feel, if you know what i mean? it was like a step down from an RPG or something in my opinion.

Postby raviolitheif » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:32 pm

NerdyAliCat wrote:raviolitheif
Hooray! I'll definitely have to check it out then since my groups sessions will be stopping for four months and i'll need my DnD fix
My friend told me about Kakegurui. Is it any good? I've recently been watching Boku no Hero Academia and i can't wait for season 4

it think Kakegurui is great! but it's not for the faint of heart necessarily, it gets pretty dark :shock: if you like insane anime girls who gamble, this'll be right up your ally!

i havent seen BNHA yet :embarassed: it got kind of severely overhyped and killed my interest in it. is it any good? should i give it a chance?

Postby galled » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:56 pm

raviolitheif wrote:
galled wrote:Maybe you could add to my research. What was it about TinierMe that you miss the most?

i really miss the cute world maps with interactable things, the interactive holidays, the pets! and i really loved the whole anime style of it, it was adorable! i also miss the idle animations, and when i was there, the community was really nice. the art style here on windlyn is pretty similar so i do really like that! but the site as a whole didn't have that "blogger" feel, if you know what i mean? it was like a step down from an RPG or something in my opinion.

Thanks for your answers! (We do have pets here in case you haven't found that feature yet.) I think if you hang around for a while, you find a lot of those features you miss here too. :wink:

Can you explain further by what you mean by "blogger feel?"

I think avatar sites have lost much to interactive avatar RPG sites. Sit tight, there are a few surprises in the pipeline. :cool:

Server Administrator

Postby Watery Star » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:40 pm

raviolitheif wrote:
Gaia has become... terrible. everyone is an empty, trolly perv and therye all so rude :worry: i definitely like this community so much more already. for me, nothing will fill the void that the end of TinierMe put in my soul... but this is a good bandaid :cheeky:

I am caught up! i feel bad because i didnt watch the other campaigns, just this one with Jester, Caleb, Nott/Beth, Beau, Fjord, and Yasha! I'm starting to listen to the podcasts with the ones with Mollymauk, and the ones with Grog, etc. I... have a lot to work on haha. But goodness do I love it! Matt's NPC's fill me with so much joy, and I really hope the Mighty Nein goes to visit Kiri soon! I havent heard of Dice, Camera, Action or RollPLay :shock: I'll look into those! :embarassed: :heart:

Yeah it seemed that way last time I logged into Gaia. Only the Heaven subforum for long time accounts was decent. I hope this community can be a new "home" for you.

Did you start part-way through Campaign 2? Mollymauk was there at the start.(Or maybe I misunderstood ^^; ) I like how both campaigns are mostly separate from one another so new viewers can start the current campaign and don't have to watch 100+ episodes from the first campaign. Though I love all of it^^ I started when they were still doing the first campaign and got caught up during the first Halloween episode. The D&Diesel with Vin Diesel is what got me into Critical Role. After seeing Matt DM I had to find out where to see more.

Dice,Camera, Action is on dnd Twitch channel and you can view the past videos on their youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/DNDWizards
It's hosted by Chris Perkins and has a great cast. The videos are about 45 minutes each so it can be easier to go through. There's also other D&D series to watch on that channel since it's by the D&D creators themselves. They also host other D&D channels on Twitch.

I love the West Marches series RollPlay did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGxPvdeKQuo&list=PL-oTJHKXHicSxKhs57c2hYuoPcayPoBJc
They have a lot of long running campaigns but also lots of one-shots.
It can be hard to keep up with D&D streams. I use to watch Critical Role and DCA regularly but now it's just CR. I binge-watch the others when I have the time and in the mood.

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 4:35 am

Postby raviolitheif » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:35 pm

Watery Star wrote:
raviolitheif wrote:

Yeah it seemed that way last time I logged into Gaia. Only the Heaven subforum for long time accounts was decent. I hope this community can be a new "home" for you.

Did you start part-way through Campaign 2? Mollymauk was there at the start.(Or maybe I misunderstood ^^; ) I like how both campaigns are mostly separate from one another so new viewers can start the current campaign and don't have to watch 100+ episodes from the first campaign. Though I love all of it^^ I started when they were still doing the first campaign and got caught up during the first Halloween episode. The D&Diesel with Vin Diesel is what got me into Critical Role. After seeing Matt DM I had to find out where to see more.

Dice,Camera, Action is on dnd Twitch channel and you can view the past videos on their youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/DNDWizards
It's hosted by Chris Perkins and has a great cast. The videos are about 45 minutes each so it can be easier to go through. There's also other D&D series to watch on that channel since it's by the D&D creators themselves. They also host other D&D channels on Twitch.

I love the West Marches series RollPlay did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGxPvdeKQuo&list=PL-oTJHKXHicSxKhs57c2hYuoPcayPoBJc
They have a lot of long running campaigns but also lots of one-shots.
It can be hard to keep up with D&D streams. I use to watch Critical Role and DCA regularly but now it's just CR. I binge-watch the others when I have the time and in the mood.

ah, i mean i started after mollymauk died. i havent actually seen any episodes with mollymauk yet, but im working on catching up!

thank you for linking to them, that helps a ton! i'll have to watch soon and see how i like them!

Postby raviolitheif » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:40 pm

galled wrote:
raviolitheif wrote:

Thanks for your answers! (We do have pets here in case you haven't found that feature yet.) I think if you hang around for a while, you find a lot of those features you miss here too. :wink:

Can you explain further by what you mean by "blogger feel?"

I think avatar sites have lost much to interactive avatar RPG sites. Sit tight, there are a few surprises in the pipeline. :cool:

i did notice there are pets, and while they are cute, theyre not a interactable as they would be in TinierMe. you could have them follow you around the map, if i recall! at this point, depressingly, im forgetting a lot of what tinierme had, so i might be off and exaggerating :embarassed: they do have the japanese site still open but im not multilingual so i cant navigate it in the least, and even that version is vastly different from TinierMe was, excluding the fact that its in a different language entirely.

by blogger feel, i mean with style of talking that we are doing right now (quoting, no live updates, etc.) i liked the live chat feature a lot! there's just something a little more personal about seeing someone is typing to you versus waiting and indeterminant amount of time for a response. i think it would aslo increase incentive to stay on the site, seeing as i close the page as soon as i respond to you guys on here! im not quite patient enough to refresh ever x minutes, yknow? :embarassed:

Postby galled » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:49 pm

I see! I understand. Thank you! I think you'll like our take on it all. :)

Server Administrator

Postby NerdyAliCat » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:18 am

raviolitheif wrote:
NerdyAliCat wrote:raviolitheif

it think Kakegurui is great! but it's not for the faint of heart necessarily, it gets pretty dark :shock: if you like insane anime girls who gamble, this'll be right up your ally!

i havent seen BNHA yet :embarassed: it got kind of severely overhyped and killed my interest in it. is it any good? should i give it a chance?

I'll be sure to give it a watch in the near future then :smile:
Indeed it did get overhyped, but for a good reason. It's amazing and you should definitely give it a chance. The first few episodes are a little repetitive but it gets really good after that

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 5:35 pm

Postby Watery Star » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:21 pm

ah ok, I was wondering^^
Hope you enjoy those series.

There are a lot of people here from all over the world and it can be hard to be around at the same time as others. As cool as it would be to have live messaging, I'm not sure how well it would do here at this current moment. The pace here is slower. Maybe in time there will be more activity and more active users.

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 4:35 am

Postby galled » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:27 pm

I suppose what we could start with are regular time slots for meeting up. I currently do that with a couple of friends from around the world 3 times a week. But we've got time to figure it out. :)

Server Administrator

Postby raviolitheif » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:59 pm

Watery Star wrote:ah ok, I was wondering^^
Hope you enjoy those series.

There are a lot of people here from all over the world and it can be hard to be around at the same time as others. As cool as it would be to have live messaging, I'm not sure how well it would do here at this current moment. The pace here is slower. Maybe in time there will be more activity and more active users.

not saying its bad, and i totally realize it has less traffic than some other sites might! it just, for me at least, makes it a little harder to come back just because i have a very bad memory :embarassed: ive put the site in my favourites bar so that i remember it more, but that can only help me so much!

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome Wagon