New here? Introduce yourself!

Hello, I'm New!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Hello, I'm New!

Postby Lollipop » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:18 pm

Hi everyone, I'm Lollipop! :heart:

Believe it or not, I've never used an avatar site before so forgive me if it takes a bit to catch on, haha :cheeky: It looks so fun though!

My biggest hobby is digital art, so I'm probably going to submit a lot of designs (I don't think any will get used because I'm not that good at drawing clothes, but it's fun to try!) :cheer:

I'm also a new member of the Boy Scouts of America (I'm a girl, it's just in the name). I can never find other BSA peeps online, so if you're a scout please give me a shout!

I'm really looking forward to diving in to this community! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:00 pm

Re: Hello, I'm New!

Postby galled » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:22 pm

How cool! Your first avatar site! Welcome to Windlyn!

Re: Art - If you can outline well, Diana can use your help. It seems outlines are what makes or breaks usable submissions. Items and backgrounds are in demand too, so clothes don't have to be your focus (although I bet honing your skills is its own reward!).

Interesting about BSA. I saw there a was a big court case that about accepting girls, but didn't keep up with it. May I ask why you selected BSA rather than Girl Scouts?

And just because your username reminded me of it... :)
(Warning: You might not be able to get this tune out of your head!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rYoRaxgOE0

I hope you enjoy your time here! :)

Server Administrator

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:00 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:44 pm

Welcome to Windlyn Lollipop! It looks like you are finding your way around...make sure you find your way to my game threads and charity found in my signature!

Nice you already found a background from fishing! Fishing is every 8 hours, Questing every 12 hours.You get feather currency from playing games, 3 scores each game per day.

What's your favorite lollipop flavor?

Postby Lollipop » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:26 pm

Thank you guys for your kind welcome!
Galled, thank you for your tips, and I hadn't thought about trying to draw items and backgrounds!
I picked BSA because there are more leadership opportunities and the BSA stuff in my area is more active than the Girl Scouts. Also I was already in Venturing (another BSA program that was already co-ed and for older kids) and some of my friends were starting a troop :cheer:
...and the song is stuck in my head now :grin:

My favorite lollipop flavor is grape!

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:00 pm

Postby Gingerale » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:52 pm

Hello and welcome to our wonderful world of Windlyn! Looking forward to getting to know you! :heart:

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:00 am

Postby Tandy » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:27 am

Welcome!

Postby Gingerale » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:07 pm

What color eventide shirt were you wanting?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:24 pm

Nice to see you figuring out the site!

Just to encourage you...I'm not the best at drawing but one of my idea's got chosen for an item (the kite). Diana spoofed it up and it looked better then I could have hoped!

Postby Watery Star » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:36 pm

(Belated) Welcome to Windlyn Lollipop!

Not sure if anyone here is part of the scouts. I think this avatar community might have more older members than other sites and we also members from all around the world. My brother was a cub scout though. *shrug*
Does the BSA have an online forum?

Don't worry about your artistic ability. Like others have said if you can create a clear idea then it should be fine.^^
There are art sub-forums that you can post your digital art if you'd like. In the main forum under Community> then Hobbies, you can find Art as well as other hobbies.
Art subforum https://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewforum.php?f=65
You can show off your art by creating a post and posting art there whenever you make and want to share your art with us (all within that one thread).
You can also ask for help or critique on your art. Everyone here is very nice and kind making this a great place when needing assistance.

Feel free to post in any of my threads, hangouts or whatever. ^^
I have a shop and give away extras. I need to update it but you can make a requests there if you'd like.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:00 pm

Postby Gingerale » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:12 pm

What have you been up to Lollipop?

Return to Welcome Wagon