New here? Introduce yourself!

Hi all

Moderator: Ryvvi

Hi all

Postby MissAutumn » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:07 am

Hi everyone. I'm Freya! :cheer:

I'm so happy to find a new avatar site! The old one I used to frequent is sadly being shut down. This website looks amazing and the avatar designs are so cute. <3

Some questions:
How do you earn wings? :R_Wing:
What's the best way to find the items needed for the quests?
Why is The Lazarus shop so empty?

So, a lil' something about me. I love video games (RPGs mainly - but will play the odd stealth game or FPS), I'm a big reader and I recently got into water colour painting. :)

- Freya

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:46 pm

Re: Hi all

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:35 pm

Welcome to Windlyn!
On the forums page under Help/support there are a lot of answers to the generic questions.

The Lazarus shop is generally empty, items only appear there during an event or holiday so always buy those as they don't normally appear in the regular shops. But we have the secret garden and Tippsburg which have fun items!

Feathers is Windlyn's currency which you can earn playing games or posting.

Wing currency is for those who donate to the site and they can be bought through paypal. Sometimes we get wing currency in an event and there are members who will sell you wing currency for feathers or trade you diamond shop items for feathers or items.

Questing items are generally found in the shops or fishing pond items. When they ask for the celestial items or past items most of us just cancel the quest and try again in 12 hours since those items are harder to replace.

Fishing is every 8 hours and some of the items are rare!

Our Windlyn members are friendly and always willing to help out so don't hesitate to ask!

Check out the links in my avatar signature for my helpful game threads and charity thread. Hope to chat with you in the threads!!

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:46 am

Postby galled » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:43 pm

Welcome to Windlyn!

I don't have much to add (Lemon covered everything very well!). People will trade wings for items and members have offered them as game prizes too.

Oh no about your other site! Was it around for a long time? What happened??

I hope you have fun here! :smile:

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MissAutumn » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:03 pm

Thanks for the answers to my questions, Lemon. That's really helpful. :cheer: I'll be sure to check the links out.

It was around for over 10 years. Unfortunately a lot of people stopped using a few years ago - myself included for a year or two. I logged back in recently and they announced that they weren't going to renew the server.

Oh well. I'm hopeful I'll have a good time on Windlyn. :smile:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:10 pm

oh yes! <looks sheepish>..thanks for the reminder... sometimes I do offer diamond items as prizes and if you hatch a pet I will congratulate you with an immortality potion so that your pet will grow but won't die. And I think we had someone offer the wing currency as a game prize too.

Now...there are actual wings that your avatar can wear and those are only in events or you can trade or buy them from members.

Postby Lucy » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:23 am

I found your introduction! :grin:
I think it’s perfect.

You’re a gamer too! What do you like to play?

Also, water color painting is so therapeutic! I’m terrible at it, but I bet you’re fantastic. :heart:

Aaaand the website you’re from, I think I know.
I actually registered there yesterday only for it to be shut down in 4 days. :strain:

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:46 am

Postby MissAutumn » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:10 pm

@Lemon Cheesecake

Wings for our avatars you say? Yeeeessss. :grin: Hopefully I can obtain some at some point.

I saw you can get pets. I will the read the guide when I can. I only can come on here just before I go to work at the mo.

Postby MissAutumn » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:19 pm

Lucy

Aww thanks. I never know how to write these intros. They always seem awkward.

My favourite game series are Dragon Age and Dishonored. I love Skyrim and will play the odd Assassin's Creed game - if one takes my interest. I'm currently replaying Kingdom Hearts 1 on the PS4. What games are you into, Lucy? Are you playing anything at the moment?

Err I say I'm "meh" at watercolours haha. I don't get a lot of time to practice. I tend to do it to calm down if I've had a bad day at work. I'm sure your's aren't bad. I bet they're pretty good.

It's probably the same website. It's so disappointing that it's shuting down as it was a great website back in the day. Oh well life goes on. Windlyn is going to be my avatar home I think. :smile:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:36 pm

The blue ursus bear can only be obtained from fishing in the star pond. It takes a long time to evolve but it is so cute in every stage!

You can check out the pound for pets to be adopted...you can find eggs to adults...or sometimes none at all!

Postby MissAutumn » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:19 am

Lemon Cheesecake

Hopefully the star pond will be kind enough to give me the blue ursus bear one day. I think I will have a look at the pound.

Thanks for being really helpful. :cheer:

Postby Lucy » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:43 am

MissAutumn

I looooooove Dragon Age! Ah, it’s so cool that you play it! Barely any of my friends even know what it is. I definitely had crushes on Alistair and Carver. :grin:

I love Skyrim too! I love the Elder Scrolls series in general. Endless possibilities. :heart:

I’ve been meaning to play KH, but I’ve never gotten around to it. I mostly just want to play it for the Final Fantasy cameos. Final Fantasy is one of my most favorite franchises ever! My goal is to collect every FF game in existence. :cheeky:

You probably are a lot better at watercolor than me. I only did it for a painting class I took in high school as a filler, haha.

It is sad it’s shutting down. I definitely had terrible timing coming to that place, but Windlyn is so pretty and calming. I love it!

Postby MissAutumn » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:40 am

Lucy

Yaaaay another Dragon Age fan. :cheer: We seem to be rare. Alistair was my crush on the first game. I got a one on Cullen in Inquisition. I loved his awkwardness haha.

Skyrim is the only Elder Scroll game I've played. I'm curious about ES Online but non of my friends want to play it.

The FF cameos are what got me into it. It's a fun game - story line is really cheesy though - if you ever get time I recommend you check it out. How many of the FF games do you have? I can't wait for the FF VII remake to come out next year!

Haha okay. I may post some of my paintings on here to get some feedback and tips on how to improve.

It sucks that you missed it. It's where I - and quite a few others - went to after getting fed up of the toxicity on a more famous avatar website. It was refreshing to go to a website where everyone was nice.

Postby Gingerale » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:04 pm

Welcome to Windlyn Miss Autumn! Please visit my newbie thread and post in any of my threads.

I love that you found a background already from star fishing! Your avatar looks so fun!

We all have busy lives and it is nice to have a place we can come to and relax from life's craziness.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:46 am

Postby MissAutumn » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:22 pm

Gingerale

A pleasure to meet you Gingerale. :smile: I'll be sure to drop by to your threads.

Thanks. I was so happy to get a background from fishing. Your avatar is a lot of fun too. I love the cute little chicks.

Postby Lucy » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:12 am

MissAutumn
I totally forgot about Cullen, ahhhhhh! He’s definitely up on my list. It’s crazy how he was so minor in DA2, and now he’s basically a heartthrob. :heart:

For ES, I’ve only played Oblivion, Skyrim, and ESO. I play ESO on Xbox, so if you ever want someone to play with... :grin_wink: I really like it. It’s practically an open world MMO. Not as open as Skyrim, but definitely would recommend it. I think it’s only like 5 bucks anyway, haha.

I saw a video of Donald Duck saying “Sora, it’s Sephiroth” which was so funny to me. I don’t know if I could take the game seriously, but I’m definitely going to try it one day. :cheer:

I currently have 7 FF games, and 3 FF movies. :heart:
I’m excited for the remake too, but I don’t have a PS4. :cry:

I’d def love to see your paintings! I love seeing people’s artwork!

Haha, I was on that website too. I think, at least. :grin_wink: I still get on occasionally just cause I’ve been on there since I was 12 years old, haha. The community is so toxic though. :strain:

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon