New here? Introduce yourself!

I'm here!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: I'm here!

Postby Lucy » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:54 pm

galled
Wow, 20+ lbs lost! Congrats on that! :cheer:
I’m definitely going to try this diet. I might as well start with 20g too. :grin: I always tried to do the whole calorie deficit thing, but I never actually took carbs into consideration. I had no idea they turned into fat so fast too. :cry: Your results do sound amazing though. Internal and external improvements. :heart:
How did you calculate how many carbs your body burns per hour?

I could see how the shots can factor in too. Less allergy problems = better breathing = more oxygen = will to do a good diet! :grin_wink: Just a joke, but I wouldn’t doubt the shots helping too!

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:45 am

Postby galled » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:24 pm

I just picked a number that averaged between keto and diabetic diet recommendations. If you can do 20g carbs or less per meal (be sure to note serving size!) you'll lose a lot of weight in just a week. I lost weight the fastest in the first two weeks!

It's crazy how we were taught the food pyramid and it turns out to be completely upside down... :(

Google helped a lot too for finding "keto alternatives for X." With X being you favorite foods.

Server Administrator

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:45 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MissAutumn » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:36 am

Lucy

It'll be tough when you first go into the world of work. But you'll be fine. You quickly get used to it. At times, I wish I was still at university. I miss how fun it was.

Oh yes, it is. The area we were excavating was a natural clay soil... Goes rock solid when it's dry. :strain: The company would buy us ice creams to help us cool down at least. I prefer digging in winter even though you get covered in mud.

It's a charity that offers services for the blind and help those who are going blind. I transcribe people's documents (such as bank statements for example) into Braille and Large Print. It's an easy little job but not something I want to do forever

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:45 am

Postby galled » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:15 pm

MissAutumn

Oh, that's sound interesting! Would I be right if I guessed it's done on a computer and there's a Braille printer of some sort. Is it similar to a dot matrix printer? Is it very loud?

Server Administrator

Postby MissAutumn » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:52 pm

galled All done on the computer. I take a document and edit it to a layout that would make sense in Braille. We have software that translates documents into Braille. We have a few Braille printers. One huge printer and loads of small ones. I would say they're quite a bit different to a dot matrix printer. Yes, they are super loud.

Postby galled » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:31 pm

I just googled a few. Very cool!!
They can get pretty expensive too. :(

Have you been able to pick up reading Braille from working with it?

I think I might be able to recognise some of it visually if I studied a bit, but I think my finger tips aren't sensitive enough to do it by feel. I'm in awe it can be done at all!!

Server Administrator

Postby MissAutumn » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:07 am

galled It's scary how expensive they are.

I only know what a few numbers are in Braille and that's it.

I'm the same. I can look at Braille numbers to read them but I've tried to read them through touch but I can't the difference. There's a simpler format called Moon which I can tell by touch. Look it up - it looks like an alien language. I heard most Braille readers have been blind from birth/young age so would have been easier for them to pick it up. If I ever go blind I think I would go for the Audio formats.

Postby galled » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:37 pm

I looked up Moon. That looks a lot easier for those who can visually read since the symbols seem to be rooted in lettering.

(I'm inserting a guide picture in case anyone is interested.)

Audio format would be lot easier! :wink:

Now that computers can OCR (Optical Character Recognition) text and text to speech routines are really pretty good these days, I imagine it's all wide open now. Exciting! :heart:

Server Administrator

Postby MissAutumn » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:02 pm

It is but I think they don't teach Moon anymore as it's a format that we very rarely get in. It's also very expensive to produce as ee have to get special paper in that reacts with heat where there is ink on the paper.

We have TTS as well. We can thankfully edit its lexicon. So it will correctly pronounce words/weird town names (e.g. The town of "Godmanchester" is actually pronounced as "Gumster" for some reason :), and read web addresses to make things quicker.

Previous

Return to Welcome Wagon