Moderator: Ryvvi

Hi, I'm new!

Postby Mouse » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:38 pm

Not really sure what I'm doing but the avis on this are really cute :smile:

Do you guys have any tips??

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:25 pm

Re: Hi, I'm new!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:31 pm

Lots of tips!!! We are a friendly community and always willing to help out!

First off...Welcome to Windlyn ( the avi's definitely are cute and sooooooo many items).

Click on shops above to see ALL the shops, the drop down bar does not show all of them.

Fish in the star pond every 8 hours for a chance at backgrounds and rare items. No items for the pond can be found in the shops ( other them member run shops) and they can be used in the quests.

Quest with EACH sister every 12 hours. Accept the quest and if you do not have the items then cancel the quest and try again later. Every other quest asks for star pond and/or shop items so it is possible to fulfill the challenge.

3 scores per game per day count for feathers. Make it on the top 100 list of the doughnut game and I will give you 100 feathers, beat my score and I will give you 500 feathers (just let me know you did it so I can check the scoreboard).

The help/support thread on the forums page gives you detailed explanations.

We have people with a variety of interests. If you like to draw then Kitalpha Hart will be starting her inktober thread where you can share your drawings for the month of October. She has a list of challenges if you need idea's.

We are always excited to expand our community so please join in! :cheer:

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:25 pm

Postby Mouse » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:50 pm

Awesome, thank you so much! I will try to get to the leaderboard but today I think 3k something was my average :cheer:
I'll keep at it!

I'll try to keep up the other things too :) Thank you

Postby Mouse » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:53 pm

Also are the pumpkin and ice shops seasonal shops?

Postby Gingerale » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:04 pm

No, they are regular shops! The only "temporary" shop is the Lazarus store. Buy those items first because you may not see them again or they may only come out seasonally ( like the shark T-shirts for shark week) and the lantern item for moon festival. Some times they only come back in events.

Some event items can be purchased at the Lazarus store for a few days after an event and some can not (which makes them more rare).

Do you have any particular hobbies or talents?

Postby Mouse » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:09 pm

Thank you so much!

I do! I like to sew. I'm not particularly good at it but I am trying to learn. I just moved into a new house so hopefully I will get to practice a bit more. I have a whole bunch of patterns I'd like to learn to sew. I also love drawing but am only good at traditional (but I love digital and traditional!)
What about you?

Thank you guys for helping me

Also, sorry another question. How do I trade/ how do I know how much items cost?

Postby galled » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:20 pm

Welcome to Windlyn!

So nice to meet you!

Ihope you enjoy your time here! :)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Mouse » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:22 pm

Thank you so much! Nice to meet you, too!

Postby MissAutumn » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:08 pm

Welcome to Windlyn. It's very nice to meet you Mouse.

Everyone else has pretty much covered what you can do on here. Item costs in the shop will have a number next to a feather. In one of the shops it will be a wing, which to gain the wing currency you have to donate money to the website. As for trading, I think it is in the messenger bit? There'll be a tutorial somewhere.

Visit my giveaway thread (link is in my signature) for a welcome gift if you want one. :)

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:25 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:13 pm

You can put your wish list in a thread and put a link in your signature and hope someone notices or just check out the yard sale threads.

Some people will sell and others will trade for items. If you see something you want in a yard sale post a message but you also can PM them. Not everyone is on regularly though so sadly it may take awhile for them to get back to you. Akuyi has a shop and was quite active but she took a summer hiatus.

The value depends on the rarity. Actual wings are super rare so go for A LOT and some items from events have never shown up again or were just a one item opportunity so those are very rare as well and not everyone will part with them. (So we hope they will show up again sometime).

ohhh a new house! Nice! So fun to figure out where everything goes!

Postby Akuyi » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:12 am

I may open my shop for the duration of the next event... If I don't miss it. *cough cough*

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:25 am

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:23 pm

Take Akuyi up on it~!

Postby okokok » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:58 pm

Hi, I'm New! I am Ok.
(^8

(I will totally not be saying this on all topics titled as such.)

Postby svetlana » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:17 am

Hi Mouse, welcome to Windlyn.

To trade, there's a "Trade" button on the navigation bar between "Shop" and "Game Room". You enter the username of the person you want to trade with and select items. If you want to send someone feathers directly, there's a button for that underneath their avatars when they post in forums.

Start some threads if you can; it's a nice site but it could use more activity.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:07 pm

I think you can trade feathers and wings under trade but the person receiving has to enter at least one feather on their side.

You both have to go in and accept or acknowledge the trade.

You can also use the "gift button (under "trade" on the header) to send individual items or send currency (like I do with my game threads).

I think there is a walk through on the Forums page under help/support if you need more info.

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon