New here? Introduce yourself!

Hello, fresh faced baby

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Hello, fresh faced baby

Postby HellbentHeretic » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:53 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Are you working as an illustrator already? Going into more advertising or like film or manga style/

I'm not quite yet. I've gotten a few job offers recently though, so it might be kicking off here eventually. But advertising is more ad graph/graphic design and I don't have it in me to do that. I can, but I definitely have 0 love for it personally. My main focuses are just character/creature design, pattern design, and just pretty girls for my personal joy of drawing.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:23 pm

Postby Vivianne » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:06 pm

I hope you find a job you love!

Hmm...patterns and pretty girls...have you thought about fashion sketching? You could maybe ‘design’ a character in reverse and design for a character, plus design fabrics.

I don’t know, but wherever you end up, I hope you’re happy!

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:23 pm

Postby HellbentHeretic » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:26 pm

Vivianne wrote:I hope you find a job you love!

Hmm...patterns and pretty girls...have you thought about fashion sketching? You could maybe ‘design’ a character in reverse and design for a character, plus design fabrics.

I don’t know, but wherever you end up, I hope you’re happy!

Thank you! It'll be a minute. I think I'd be happiest as a freelancer though, and I can start that up any minute. I just gotta get myself worked up for it.

I have seen that, but I don't design anything practical or even I would say worth making for like a runway. Video games and stories on the other hand. I just draw things is the best way I can explain it. ;w;

And thanks! I'd hope the same for all of you guys! Really, no one deserves to be miserable.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:29 pm

hmmm Vivianne has an idea...fashion design or drawing someone else's fashions. Some people can design the fashion but not draw it, so need help.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:23 am

Postby Vivianne » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:34 pm

Games are fun! Especially those with beautiful artwork. It doesn’t necessarily exclude drawing pretty girls, and you have entire worlds for it! So much potential!

Do you have any game/story concepts you’re willing to talk about?

Postby HellbentHeretic » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:55 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:hmmm Vivianne has an idea...fashion design or drawing someone else's fashions. Some people can design the fashion but not draw it, so need help.

I'm definitely not meant for that side. When I did pattern design, it was closely linked to the fashion department of my school and while I love fashion, the people had been given hell. I dunno. It's just not the aspect I'm overly in love with, but I wouldn't mind doing a thing with it once in a blue moon. :smile:

Vivianne wrote:Games are fun! Especially those with beautiful artwork. It doesn’t necessarily exclude drawing pretty girls, and you have entire worlds for it! So much potential!

Do you have any game/story concepts you’re willing to talk about?

Yeah, no. I just tend to draw pretty (particularly monster-esque) girls for fun, mindless doodles. But like, video game concept art often inspire me, plus artists like Ilya Kuvshinov, Koyorin, Sozomaika, and Zeronis.

I don't have any large scale and explored concepts yet, but I have a friend that I ended up designing a dragon for her graphic novel plan. I just to make the offical design eventually, he's a ground dragon and the dragons in her story have an ability to transform into human-esque appearances. So I have to run up both his designs.

Postby Vivianne » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:10 pm

...is it cool for me to say it’s cool you have a good idea of what you don’t want to do? I totally mean that as a compliment. A lot of focus is on the potential of options, but it takes self-knowledge to set limits and boundaries.

In a way, it’s a form of self-care in my opinion.

Postby HellbentHeretic » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:24 pm

Vivianne wrote:...is it cool for me to say it’s cool you have a good idea of what you don’t want to do? I totally mean that as a compliment. A lot of focus is on the potential of options, but it takes self-knowledge to set limits and boundaries.

In a way, it’s a form of self-care in my opinion.

I get ya! It really is. I don't mean to make it sound like I'm shooting an idea down because it is an idea that could work for me when I want something new, and I'm not limiting myself from it entirely because I'd dabble in it if the interest stirred. But I know what my art brain yearns to complete. ;w; It's important to know what and where your limits are. I've been setting them a lot lately because my lack of boundary in my capabilities left me hurting a lot. And let me tell you, that kind of crap feed your brain demons.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:32 pm

I don't draw very well but I do admire those that can. I'm amazed at people that draw realistically like those who do the police drawings or archaeologists who can draw what a person looked like from looking at their bone structure.

Postby HellbentHeretic » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:55 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:I don't draw very well but I do admire those that can. I'm amazed at people that draw realistically liek those who do the police drawings or archaeologists who can draw what a person looked like from looking at their bone structure.

Yeah, those level of drawings (at least based off bone structure) take soooo many anatomy classes to learn how the muscle, fat, and cartilage lay under the skin. It's truly a labor of love there. Police sketches is just more being familiar with natural base anatomy. I'm a person that kind of does art that's not realistic, but most the time, it's not anime-ish either. Regardless, mad props to any artist out there, even if they're just starting. It's all super hard and all, but it gets easier. Especially when you practice and stop comparing yourself to someone else.

Postby Vivianne » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:08 am

Heretic - super cute avatar!

Practice is essential to everything. Overnight success doesn’t just happen.

When did you decide illustration was something you’d like to dedicate yourself to?

Postby HellbentHeretic » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:26 pm

Vivianne wrote:Heretic - super cute avatar!

Practice is essential to everything. Overnight success doesn’t just happen.

When did you decide illustration was something you’d like to dedicate yourself to?

Thank you! Just been playing with items I can buy lol.

That is extremely true. I have plenty to practice too.

Well, it's actually a wildly interesting story. I thought I only wanted to be a vet (mainly to equines) most my life, then suddenly before high school, I just suddenly wanted to do art (plus I thought the schooling was too much and too great for me at that point.). I took an interactive media courses in vocational school (I dual-enrolled into one. ;w;) in hopes to get good at graphic design/build a graphic design portfolio for college. But all my judges in BPA and teachers all said my illustration game was vastly stronger. So I went into instead and honestly found myself far more happy with the work type. I just realized most my inspirations were concept artists (not all, but a lot).

Postby Vivianne » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:42 pm

there will be an event next month, and if you get extras of items, you can trade them for other items. I think I have two extra items left from the Halloween event. Would you like a fox mask or black dress (or both)?

Learning is a continuous process, definitely. Practicing illustration must be neat because if you save your work, you’ll be able to see improvement.

Oh, wow, that’s a dramatic pivot. I’m glad illustration makes you happy! It’s very fortuitous you found it. :D May it bring you lasting joy.

Postby HellbentHeretic » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:18 pm

Vivianne wrote:there will be an event next month, and if you get extras of items, you can trade them for other items. I think I have two extra items left from the Halloween event. Would you like a fox mask or black dress (or both)?

Learning is a continuous process, definitely. Practicing illustration must be neat because if you save your work, you’ll be able to see improvement.

Oh, wow, that’s a dramatic pivot. I’m glad illustration makes you happy! It’s very fortuitous you found it. :D May it bring you lasting joy.

Oh yeah, I have seen the yard sale spot of the forum. ;w; I know I'll get there sometime. And I'm fine with either or, thank you! I'm not a picky person tbh.

There is always room to improve and always new things to learn. That's how I see things at least. c:

It was. My whole family was like wait what??? But yeah, it's just not easy to start things out in the field when you're as cautious as me. ;3;

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:39 pm

ShiroGem shared a few sketches on their thread for a design class they have to do. You sound like you could have been of some help when she was trying to decide what to do for her project!

I could improve if I practiced drawing but I don't have a natural talent or inclination for it so I could never be a professional.

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome Wagon