New here? Introduce yourself!

Greetings!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Greetings!

Postby Kijo » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:20 pm

galled wrote:
[+] SPOILER
Kijo wrote:Hello thank you!
I can do digital and traditional. I can also chibi and full body. I don't do many head shots or busts.
Sadly most of my skills are drawing woman. I'm terrible at men and tbh I shy away from them because they stress me out LOL whoops.

Stress at drawing men, men in general, or both???! LOL :cheer:

Kijo wrote:Alternative fashion is a wide subject. It can be things with rips, chains, leather, band t-shirts.
Or it can go further into Victorian era fashion.

Ah, so you're saying anything that doesn't have a pre-existing category? Although, your examples sounds like grunge, I think you might mean modifications that alter things enough to not fit into one of the other fashion categories, perhaps?

I'm a big fan of the NHK World TV Show KAWAII INTERNATIONAL :heart: and the shear quantity of fashion styles over there in Japan is mind boggling! If you haven't seen it, I think they do a lot of what you're talking about.

Stress at drawing men xD sorry about that.
My love life is quite happy xD

Grunge can be considered Alternative fashion! But yeah Alternative is more so anything that doesn't fit into any of the pre-existing categories.

I haven't seen that! I'll have to look it up and see what it's like!

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 10:03 am

Postby galled » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:51 pm

That's what I figured, but I thought it was funny. ;)

OK, like how Steampunk altered Victorian fashion (but I suppose once it becomes popular enough, it becomes it's own thing and is no longer alternative!)? So I guess one could additionally characterize alternative fashion is leading edge or trending to the modified. Very cool!

Do you have any examples of alternative fashionable things you really like you can share so we can see what you like? (It's all so wide open!) Or do you have any of your art work online that features some alternative styles that interest you? Only if you're comfortable with that, that is. :)

Here's a link to KAWAII INTERNATIONAL's web site that has streaming episodes.
https://www.nhk.or.jp/kawaii-i/

Server Administrator

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 11:03 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:47 pm

kind of like mix and match? mixing different genre's to make them work together....so many options out there that look great together!

How was your day today?

Postby Kijo » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:55 pm

Yes! Just like mix and match.
You take a little here and a little from there and throw it together to create something new and 'you'!

My day's alright. Just kind of been around a little here and there~
How about yours Lemon?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:04 pm

I had a busy day at work but got to take a friend out for their birthday dinner and just sit and chat and that was lovely.

As a newcomer, do all the posts automatically show up for you if you click on unread posts?

Postby Kijo » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:14 pm

That sounds really nice.
It's always good to just hang out.
I don't have many IRL friends anymore so I spend my birthdays with just my dad and boyfriend now.
9/10 times I'm online for it anyways xD
Yeah they do :3

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:06 am

As we get older it seems we have to make an effort to celebrate our birthday's and sometimes that means celebrating after the fact! I like having a family dinner as a birthday though and if possible, a lunch or cake with friends is nice too.

Postby Kijo » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:44 am

Like my whole thing is like I just want people to stop by and spend a few minutes hanging out with me if they can. Like who cares about presents or anything at this age lmao
But my sisters didn't even wish me a happy birthday last year. No call or text at all until days later.

Postby galled » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:32 am

Thanks for the links! A couple are very interesting and I really like their vibes and creativity. Quite a few appear goth or death metal derived, but I see how they push the boundaries a bit towards the alternative realm. Thanks for sharing where your tastes lean and the education! :)

Yeah, about Birthdays... my parents both totally forgot mine last year. Well, I think my mom remembered after midnight--better late than never I suppose...

The important thing is those I love who love me back remembered! :hug:

Server Administrator

Postby Kijo » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:35 pm

Yeah a lot of my tastes lean towards gothic and death metal.
I do have some Lolita pages I follow on instagram also I just didn't link those because the majority of what I like is the ones I did link.

Thank you for asking! I didn't mind sharing in the slightest!

Oh no! Late is better then never!

This is indeed true. Last year I made all these plans to have friends come to get dinner with us and last minute they all bailed out but we still had a lovely dinner even if it was a bit lonely. Hopefully I'll make new friends when we move states.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:41 pm

I have a friend who's birthday is the week before mine so its a tradition we do something to celebrate both of us...but not on our actual birthday's. My Mom is much better now at remembering my birthday but a month might go by until I got a call...oops... it became a joke because she was the same with all of us. Oh well.

Hopefully you will meet some more dependable friends when you move!

Postby murmurlade » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:41 pm

Kijo
(Also I draw too! But I'm the exact opposite, I don't really draw girls auhssjdsskvnscd)
There was a period of time where I was really into the entire convoluted skincare routine where I'd use like.. cleanser > exfoliation > toner > serum > essence > moisturizer and then depending on the occasion or day there would also be masks and stuff.. my skin was p flowing back then but now I genuinely don't have the time for anything other than toner, moisturizer and tea tree oil

If we're talking about skincare brands hoooo boy... the most popular ones I guess would be Kiehl's and Innisfree. Personally I use a mix of Dermalogica + Clinique + drugstore brands!! swidbsjdnsjdjs

If we talking about makeup ahhh we have Nyx here too!! But I've never used any of their products. I use a mix of mostly MAC products and drugstore brands... like the only makeup I put on daily is colour corrector + concealer and only if there's a special occasion + eyeliner and eyeshadow.... Do you have a favourite palette?? Im in love with Tarte's shades and they're pretty pigmented for the price they're at hshcjd

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 2:03 am

----------------------------------------
taugeeee @ twitter / deviantart / gaia
currently: questing bubble wings

always semi-hiatus due to work
please ping me if you want a reply.
----------------------------------------

Postby galled » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:05 pm

That show KAWAII INTERNATIONAL I mentioned earlier had a goth Lolita-themed show several months back (I can't remember the name they called the style.) It's too bad they don't archive all of their shows online. (You can only view a few of the more recent ones.) Anyway, in addition to the clothing and accessories, and interviews, they visited a themed desert shop and restaurant. Really kinda fun seeing it! :)

I was always told if you have one good friend, you're way ahead of the game. When I was in school I thought that was a low bar to clear, but these days I understand that completely! Thank goodness for the internet. I have a couple of friends that I met on the internet that have become good friends in real life or that we know from real life that we keep in contact together online. I suppose the trick to not feel isolated/etc., is to remain grateful/appreciative of the treasures that you are blessed with.

I saw you profile listed California (where we are too! And, I wasn't stalking you! :) :) ). If you don't mind me asking, which state might you be moving too. California is crazy--and getting crazier every day it seems. We may be right behind you!

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:46 am

I've heard of people using tea tree oil but it is kind of pricey here.

I feel like I have to wear at least eyeliner and mascara if I am going out. If I am at home then au natural so I can give my eyes a break. :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome Wagon