New here? Introduce yourself!

Not another Newbie...

Moderator: Ryvvi

Not another Newbie...

Postby AlayneStormborn » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:16 am

Hi folks, Alayne here! I'm new to Windlyn but you may have seen me on other avatar sites in the past :smile:

I haven't been active anywhere in a while as I started a new job last summer that works unsociable hours with a schedule that changes every week. But now I'm at home for the forseeable (thanks to everyone's favourite C-word... no, not THAT one), so hoping to rediscover the joys of online communities!

I like the colour green, cooking (and eating of course - 'weird' things I've eaten include jellyfish, bone marrow, Otaga grasshoppers), watching excessive amounts of Netflix and Crunchyroll, making my own candles... that'll probably do for now :cheeky:

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:10 pm

Re: Not another Newbie...

Postby galled » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:40 pm

Welcome to Windlyn and back to online activity!

I've had jellyfish (not too bad really, and I didn't mind the texture--I'm a big Jello fan!), but yah, grasshopper? Not for me! :)

So, what did you think of grasshoppers? Is Otaga a kind of grasshopper or how it's prepared?

I hope you enjoy your time here! :)

Server Administrator

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:10 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:52 pm

Green is my favorite color! :heart:

Welcome to Windlyn!

You can check out the newbie support thread on the forums for help but here is a quick summation:
Fishing every 8 hours ( under the game tab) those items can be requested to use in the questing & some items are rare like the bear pet, backgrounds, telescope & some of the space helmets.

Quest every 12 hours but my recommendation is don't use the past items.

Lianna has a great deal for a grab bag for $250 feathers which sometimes have very rare items.

Check out my charity in my signature & also my game threads. There are other charities but not everyone is on so post in their threads & see if they answer.

Links in the signature only appear on the persons first post on a page.
Double posting gives you nothing, we are encouraged to carry on a conversation & every one is very friendly!
Buy from the lazarus shop first when there are items as they don't last & may be one of a kind or seasonal.
There are more shops then the drop down menu so check them all out.My favorite is the secret garden.
If you hatch your first pet let me know & I will grant you an immortality potion for that pet.

I'll look for you in Windlyn. :cheer:

Postby Nek0Nerd0 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:48 am

You make your own candles? That's cool! I make my own friendship bracelets! Crafting is fun!

Great to have you here on Windlyn Online, Alayne, I'm Nek0, and I hope you have a sweet time around here!
The games are fun and I fish for items regularly. Otherwise you'd find me around the Play Room forum playing forum games!

See you around! :cheer:

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:10 pm

Last active May 2021.

Postby AlayneStormborn » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:23 am

galled hello! Yeah, there's not much flavour to jellyfish, it's mostly texture... it's a bit weird but I would have it again, especially Szechuan style with lots of chilli oil :cheeky: Otaga is a type of grasshopper, they are LARGE. I did enjoy them, especially with guacamole and tortilla chips XD they're very crunchy, sort of nutty, but tbh most of the flavour comes from whatever they're cooked in.

Lemon Cheesecake wow, thanks for all the info, that's super helpful! :cheer: I can tell I'll be coming back to this post a few times while I get used to things...

Nek0Nerd0 hi!I love crafting too - I've dabbled in UV resin recently, I make my own greetings cards whenever I get a chance... it's so satisfying to see something you've made with your own two hands come to life :cheer:

Postby galled » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:33 am

Spicy jellyfish sounds like a good combo. Don't know when I would be able to try it, but if available, I think I would!

Oh, the thought of LARGE grasshoppers seems totally disgusting in my mind's eye, but from your description it sounds like it would be a great keto snack! But... ack! I suppose I'd have to disguise the grasshopper shapes... LOL

Thanks for the delicacies tour! :)

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:45 am

oops, had to correct a few spelling errors! sorry! That's what happens when I hurry!

I'm not one for weird textures so I probably wouldn't like the jelly fish. Calamari is too chewy for me and jelly fish sounds like sharks fin and I didn't like it. But more for those who do like it right?

I tried making my own candles before, it was fun. We use to melt old crayons down to add color to the candles. If we put ice in a cup (the wick hanging in the middle) and poured wax over it the shapes were quite interesting. That was back when I was a kid though. So many more interesting materials out there now to make candles.

Postby Akuyi » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:20 am

Does Crunchyroll have a good selection of anime where you live? I tried it out once and out of the seasonal anime back then it had exactly the ones I didn't watch. XD

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:10 pm

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Postby AlayneStormborn » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:38 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
BUFFER TEXT BUFFER TEXT BUFFER TEXT
galled you're welcome! We shall have to talk food in another thread some more ^_^

Lemon Cheesecake ooh, I've never had shark fin.

Yes! I shave old crayons to add colour too :) I like the sound of the ice method, I can imagine some really cool (no pun intended) designs coming out of that! I tend to be a bit boring; I just refill empty candle jars by recycling old candle stubs from work. I'll mix with coconut oil & soy wax for a cleaner burn and add some fragrance oil, but that's about as creative as I get ^_^"

Akuyi I'm generally really impressed with the selection on Crunchyroll! I always find something to watch, even if it means digging up some old series I've never seen before. There are a few things missing that I'd like to rewatch (like Soul Eater for example), but it does have some of my faves like Cuticle Tantei Inaba so I can't complain :P

BUFFER TEXT BUFFER TEXT BUFFER TEXT
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:59 am

I've sent you your welcome gifts!

I love how you upcycle with reusing old candle jars. The cost of candles are affordable and materials not so much that I haven't tried to make my own. Do you have a specific pan you use for melting the wax?

Postby Gingerale » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:13 pm

Hello~!

Have you been on to find Easter eggs? Just click on them when you find them, drop time is about every 30 minutes (maybe less, I just have luck checking about that amount of time). Refresh a page or post and make sure you go back to that page, look at another page and go back to the original page is what I do.

Don't forget to check out the links in member's avatar signatures for charities, game threads or yard sales.

How have you been doing with self isolation? Things are definitely quieter, more peaceful for me.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:10 am

Return to Welcome Wagon