New here? Introduce yourself!

Hi everyone

Moderator: Ryvvi

Hi everyone

Postby ChiffonOrange » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:18 am

Hi there, I'm ChiffonOrange and I thought about joining this site for fun (the avatars are less pixel-y but I don't mind, they're cute as heck :grin: ). I'm also on Voltra though with the same username.

Dress-up sites (especially with avatars) are one of my favourite pastimes, besides drawing and watching videos on Youtube. And said sites are a great way to kill time/boredom for me personally. I tend to play Sims 4 from time to time if I'm very bored lol.

So far I like Windlyn (not as much as Voltra but please don't get mad at me ^_^; I don't mean to offend everyone) and I'll have to get used to it. And I guess that's all for now.

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 5:54 am

Re: Hi everyone

Postby Nek0Nerd0 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:43 am

Well, hello there ChiffonOrange! I'm Nek0! Welcome to Windlyn Online!

I usually go fishing and hang out in the Play Room forum to play forum games!
Otherwise you can play games to earn Feathers and even take care of a pet!
Lemon Cheesecake made a good guide to taking care of pets and it's right here!: It's a Pet's Life!

And that's it really, I am also on Voltra but I don't get on at all these days.

I hope that your interest in this site will grow overtime and then we can see you around more! :grin:

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 11:54 pm

Last active May 2021.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:38 am

Welcome to our world of Windlyn!

Seeing the planets on your avatar it looks like you figured out the fishing pond already. Fishing is every 8 hours and the items can be used in the Quests. Questing is every 12 hours.

Let me know when you hatch your first pet and I will gift you an immortal potion ( which is also an item you can wear). Potions are found in the Diamond shop which costs real money as part of a donation to the site or some of the members will trade you diamond currency for feather currency & you can buy your own.

Please visit my charity and game threads which are found in my signature. A members signature only appears on the first post of theirs on the page.

Windlyn is a very caring community so don't hesitate to post & join in.

Do you do pixel art yourself? What are your hobbies? Do you have a pet of your own? Is your work/school affected by the corona virus lockdowns?

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 2:54 pm

Postby galled » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:13 pm

Welcome!

I hope you'll share some of your art work when you're comfortable.

Enjoy your time here!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby ChiffonOrange » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:09 pm

Lemon Cheesecake Oh, I thought I should try fishing first haha and I see. Though I haven't tried the quest part yet. Pets? That sounds cool :o I haven't thought about them yet but I will check them out if I can.

I don't do pixel art because I'm not good at it sorry, I usually prefer to draw on MS Paint or paper. My hobbies are drawing, playing video games (although not as much as I used to), listening to music and, well watching random videos on YT.

But sadly, I don't own a pet due to my parents won't allow me having one. And yes, my work is still currently affected by the lockdown so I'm staying at home 24/7 until mid-April. I hope.

Postby ChiffonOrange » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:14 pm

Nek0Nerd0 Nice to meet you, Nek0!

I see, I'll check the guide from time to time and maybe checking out in the play room forum. Oh, I see. *nods* I usually log on Voltra depending on if i want to or not lol

Okay, I will xD

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:46 pm

You don't have to hatch your pet but once it is hatched you have to care for it or it becomes a tombstone < but there are revive potions>.

I've never checked out Voltra but a few of our members are also on there so you should feel in good company.
The Windlyn avatars kind of remind me of the Disney fairy avatars, I wish they still had that game.

Postby ChiffonOrange » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:16 pm

I see. I'll go write a mental memo for taking care of pets otherwise I'm quick to forget. xD

The people on Voltra are quite nice there, though the only thing I don't like about is they only have jigsaw puzzle. Hmmm, I always thought Windlyn avatars are more similar to TinierMe although I kinda played it once and Disney fairy avatars? Do you mean Pixie Hollow? Oh! I used to play that game when I was about 14/15 until I stopped playing it, I didn't realised it got shut down in 2013 which is a shame 'cause it had so much potential.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:31 pm

oh ya, very similar to tinier me as well. I did mean Pixie Hollow, just couldn't think of the name when I was posting. :wink:

Return to Welcome Wagon