New here? Introduce yourself!

helloo <:

Moderator: Ryvvi

helloo <:

Postby pupper » Tue May 26, 2020 3:29 pm

so i used to be a pretty avid user on gaia and recently decided to check back in as well as search for alternatives. sites like these make me feel v nostalgic, but so many of my favorite ones have died or changed. windlyn looked fairly cute though so here i am to give it a try!

so, yes, hello! my name is jenna and i'm from california. common nicknames i go by are jen, pup, and pupper. i can be a tad timid, but i love people and really enjoy chill chats. my hobbies include art and music, and some things i'm really into are space stuff & astronomy, pokémon, classic disney, fall weather, and halloween!

my current favorite game is breath of the wild, but i also play animal crossing, monster hunter world, no man's sky, and stardew valley.

i also find a lot of enjoyment in learning geography, getting to know more abt other cultures, and meeting people from other countries. but don't let that fool you! i don't know much, i just find it exciting. ; v;

so yep i think that abt sums me up, i look forward to meeting everyone. :heart:

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:50 am

friendly / lives in the desert / might be a dog

art © alyssdream

Re: helloo <:

Postby galled » Tue May 26, 2020 4:22 pm

Welcome!

I'm a big space fan too! I'm so excited about what SpaceX is doing. Just a couple more days! <fingers crossed!>

It sounds like a lot of your interests are shared with the various threads here, so I think you'll feel comfortable in no time! :)

Enjoy your time here!

Server Administrator

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:50 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue May 26, 2020 4:55 pm

Welcome to Windlyn! I love the succulents in your signature...do you grow any of your own? I find they are so easy, if a piece breaks off just stick it in some dirt! Unfortunately my cacti work the smae way and now I am overgrown with them ....but they have amazing flowers!

There is a newbie help thread on the forums page but here is the basics;

Fish in the fishing pond every 8 hours for some rare items and backgrounds.

Quest every 12 hours, the Sisters generally ask fo items from the fishing pond or the shops.

Games give you currency for 3 scores per game per day, a quick way to make some feathers. Beat my high score on the doughnut game and I will gladly give you 1000 feathers!

There are more shops then the drop down menu...and pets! Hatch your first pet and let me know and I will gift you an immortality potion.

We usually have a summer event. Event items rarely appear in the shops, sometimes in the Lazarus shop temporarily though.

There is an animal crossing thread for the new Horizon game, with ways to get recipes and other free items, check it out!

Look forward to getting to know you! Come visit the links in my signature. I have game threads and a charity.

Postby Nek0Nerd0 » Wed May 27, 2020 1:41 am

Welcome to Windlyn Online, Pupper

We have plenty of things to do here. There's games where you can earn Feathers, game forums, there's also fishing. The shops have pretty cool items you can check out.

Have a look around, make yourself at home.

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:50 pm

Last active May 2021.

Postby MissAutumn » Wed May 27, 2020 10:21 am

Welcome to Windlyn, Pupper. :cheer:

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:50 pm

Postby pupper » Wed May 27, 2020 6:09 pm

galled wrote:Welcome!

I'm a big space fan too! I'm so excited about what SpaceX is doing. Just a couple more days! <fingers crossed!>

It sounds like a lot of your interests are shared with the various threads here, so I think you'll feel comfortable in no time! :)

Enjoy your time here!

oh! i've recently fallen behind on spacex bc i've had my face buried in breath of the wild so much! i looked it up and it seems a launch happened just today? is that the one?

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Welcome to Windlyn! I love the succulents in your signature...do you grow any of your own? I find they are so easy, if a piece breaks off just stick it in some dirt! Unfortunately my cacti work the smae way and now I am overgrown with them ....but they have amazing flowers!

There is a newbie help thread on the forums page but here is the basics;

Fish in the fishing pond every 8 hours for some rare items and backgrounds.

Quest every 12 hours, the Sisters generally ask fo items from the fishing pond or the shops.

Games give you currency for 3 scores per game per day, a quick way to make some feathers. Beat my high score on the doughnut game and I will gladly give you 1000 feathers!

There are more shops then the drop down menu...and pets! Hatch your first pet and let me know and I will gift you an immortality potion.

We usually have a summer event. Event items rarely appear in the shops, sometimes in the Lazarus shop temporarily though.

There is an animal crossing thread for the new Horizon game, with ways to get recipes and other free items, check it out!

Look forward to getting to know you! Come visit the links in my signature. I have game threads and a charity.

noo, i don't currently own any plants, but cacti are my favorite!

i actually used to have a bonsai tree that was randomly gifted to me. i had no prior knowledge of how to care for it and quickly found out it was a lot more than just watering and sunlight.

i was able to find that it was a chinese elm tree (i previously mistook it for a japanese elm), but even with all the research i did, i wasn't ready to own one and unfortunately only kept it alive for a year. :c i had such a wild ride with it though, it developed aphids, and then leaf spot disease. i was able to rid it of the aphids (those really freaked me out, oh god) but the leaf spot disease proved to be too hard to manage.

it was v disappointing losing the tree, i had become v attached to it, but it definitely sparked a new passion for plants and i look forward to owning more when i'm in a better position to care for them.

also thank you so much for the tips!

Nek0Nerd0 wrote:Welcome to Windlyn Online, Pupper

We have plenty of things to do here. There's games where you can earn Feathers, game forums, there's also fishing. The shops have pretty cool items you can check out.

Have a look around, make yourself at home.

thank you! i get really addicted to the game forums on every avatar-based site, goodness.

MissAutumn wrote:Welcome to Windlyn, Pupper. :cheer:

thaaank u :heart:

Postby Gingerale » Wed May 27, 2020 8:22 pm

I'm terrible with plants in pots and bonsai takes so much care! I did go to a class on caring for a bonsai tree but they made it look so easy! I do go and take a look when they are put on display by the local bonsai group.

Hope you are finding your way around Windlyn. We are a friendly group and we love getting to know new people. Don't be afraid to ask if you have questions. Don't forget to visit my newbie thread for a welcome gift!

Postby galled » Wed May 27, 2020 8:27 pm

Yes that's the one, but the launch was scrubbed due to weather. As much as I'd have like to see it launch, I'd rather be safe--too much to lose all around if there's a failure.

Server Administrator

Postby Polaris » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:21 am

Welcome to Windlyn pupper!!

I used to be an avid user for TinierMe (til it closed in 2012) and went on gaia for a little bit, then found this lovely site!

What was it that drew you to online hangouts and virtual worlds like gaia?

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:50 pm

Quest Thread

"Smile at me when you see this flower later..."

Image(click for artist)

Return to Welcome Wagon