New here? Introduce yourself!

*peeks out from behind a wall*

Moderator: Ryvvi

*peeks out from behind a wall*

Postby meowzipan » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:11 pm

Lemon Cheesecake i didn't know i would get extra feathers, thank you! :cheer: hello!

i'm kind of skittish? so i was nervous about making a thread, but i thought about introducing myself.

i love avatar sites like this, and this site is SO cute!! i love the avatars, and i love the general aesthetic? :heart: i come from gaia, mainly, but i saw someone mention this on recolor, so i thought i would check it out.
i love the emotes!! :grin:

i like to write, draw, and sing!!

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:25 am

:L_Wing: Black Lives Matter :R_Wing:
posture check | stay hydrated
:heart: Image :heart:

Re: *peeks out from behind a wall*

Postby Gingerale » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:45 pm

Welcome to Windlyn! We are a friendly community and love to expand our Windlyn family! We have people from all over the world.

Come visit my newbie thread for a welcome gift!

If you click on the game room tab above you can play games. You get feathers for 3 scores each game per day.

If you hover over the game room tab you can go fishing every 8 hours & get some cool items not available in the shops.

Posting gives you 3 to 10 feathers ( but someone has to post in between your post, no credit for double posting).

We have a wide variety of threads so check out the forums page for categories & if you are interested in the history of Windlyn then check out the Lore on the forums page.

Have you been able to sing in public or are you like me and only sing in the shower?
Do you have pets?

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:25 pm

Postby meowzipan » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:51 pm

hi!! thanks for the welcome!

only in the shower, lol. or when i'm alone! i get terrible stage fright if i have to sing in front of people i don't know.
although i've sometimes just sang to myself in stores when grocery shopping, you know? it doesn't feel as weird/scary if there's loud music playing.
yes!! i have a cat, mayhem, and a dog, willow
mayhem is my strange, small son who yells constantly

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:20 pm

male cat meows can sound like babies crying when they are doing their mating call! When I lived in a condo I thought the new neighbor had a baby that kept crying ...only to find out it was their cat!

I catch myself singing to songs in stores as well! Glad to know I'm not the only one who does that!

Glad you made a welcome thread! Now everyone can chime in a hello!

It's been kind of quiet with people playing other game sites but most people will check in because Windlyn is Ohana...like family.

I have game threads for prizes...they can be found in my signature... and challenges on my charity that you can earn feathers or items for completing. Let me know when you complete a challenge & which item you would like. I have to update the items choices so if you see something on an avatar not in the shops or on my list then let me know & I will see if I have extra's.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:25 am

Postby meowzipan » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:37 pm

yeah! i read about something like that, and they do it when they're begging for food, too! he likes to yell for treats, or when he's just bored, kjdas. i even had a female cat who would sound exactly like a crying baby when she wanted to be fed. xD

it's a little easier because this community is smaller? and idk, the general vibe feels so kind!

aaaa, that's so cool!! i'll have to check those out :3 i may not check them out tonight, because it's almost 2am for me, skjhsa, but i will soon! thank you!!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:01 pm

Windlyn community is small but people find their way here & make a little spot in the WIndlyn world for themselves. The avatar's are super cute, and people are kind! :grin:

Postby galled » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:04 am

Welcome to Windlyn! Sweet dreams! :smile:

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Nek0Nerd0 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:03 am

Welcome to Windlyn, Marzipan, you'll love it here. We have all sorts of cute things.

Enjoy the place and hopefully we'll get to know you better :smile:

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:25 am

Last active May 2021.

Postby meowzipan » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:48 am

Lemon Cheesecake
it's cozy!

galled
thank you!! i ended up staying up until like 3:30 in the morning anyway, aaaa. xD

Nek0Nerd0
thank you!! i already really like it a lot!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:30 pm

We have other members who like to draw & write. There are some threads you can write stories for avatar's...threads for drawing or you can start your own collection!

I just got home from work & am exhausted...I am considered an "essential worker" so I have been working through all the shut down. It would be nice to take a vacation but there is like no where to go (without it being a hassle).

Are you working? Online school? Home isolating with benefits? Or just home isolating?

Postby meowzipan » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:45 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:We have other members who like to draw & write. There are some threads you can write stories for avatar's...threads for drawing or you can start your own collection!

I just got home from work & am exhausted...I am considered an "essential worker" so I have been working through all the shut down. It would be nice to take a vacation but there is like no where to go (without it being a hassle).

Are you working? Online school? Home isolating with benefits? Or just home isolating?

i've looked at some of those! my avi just looks like me right now, but if i make a cool one, that's something i'd like to do!! :3

oh man, thank you for your hard work! hopefully you got some relaxation time in! and yeah, it would be especially hard right now. :strain: i'm in the US, and i wouldn't be comfortable going to another state, let alone another country, especially since a lot of people don't seem to be taking things very seriously when it comes to social distancing or wearing a mask!

i'm just home isolating right now! not working, unfortunately. :strain:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:46 pm

With the home isolation you can always take advantage of online courses or home projects you might not have gotten to otherwise. Have you started anything?

One of my customers this week mentioned the most difficult thing for them is not being able to give hugs because of social distancing. I feel sad for those who are isolating alone and not within a family or room mate scenario where they can interact...hug if needed...since their environment is fairly constant.

I have always been fairly conscientious about the transmission of germs, before all this happened, I normally wipe down my cart, I cover my sneeze, I wash my hands after getting home or try to remove my work clothes when I get home, don't wear shoes in the house, change out my hand towel everyday... simple little things that help reduce the transmission of germs. I am not "OCD" on it but now you wonder if those people who have been haven't had the right idea! Asian cultures have worn masks in public for a long time...we in the western cultures looked at it more as they had a virus but I think our way of thinking has become more understanding...wearing a mask protects the wearer from other people's germs as well. So I think there will be a tolerance now for those who do choose to mask or glove up and they hopefully won't be ridiculed over it. And if you have an immune problem then the health care system should be encouraging ways to prevent transmission without having to live in a bubble and totally isolating. A work in progress I guess. Disease has been & will always be amongst us. Fortunately we are more educated & aware & not like living in the days of leprosy or the plague. (Although those diseases are still in the world they have ways of treating them now). That would be super scary! "Bring out the dead..." <shudders>

Postby meowzipan » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:16 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:With the home isolation you can always take advantage of online courses or home projects you might not have gotten to otherwise. Have you started anything?

One of my customers this week mentioned the most difficult thing for them is not being able to give hugs because of social distancing. I feel sad for those who are isolating alone and not within a family or room mate scenario where they can interact...hug if needed...since their environment is fairly constant.

I have always been fairly conscientious about the transmission of germs, before all this happened, I normally wipe down my cart, I cover my sneeze, I wash my hands after getting home or try to remove my work clothes when I get home, don't wear shoes in the house, change out my hand towel everyday... simple little things that help reduce the transmission of germs. I am not "OCD" on it but now you wonder if those people who have been haven't had the right idea! Asian cultures have worn masks in public for a long time...we in the western cultures looked at it more as they had a virus but I think our way of thinking has become more understanding...wearing a mask protects the wearer from other people's germs as well. So I think there will be a tolerance now for those who do choose to mask or glove up and they hopefully won't be ridiculed over it. And if you have an immune problem then the health care system should be encouraging ways to prevent transmission without having to live in a bubble and totally isolating. A work in progress I guess. Disease has been & will always be amongst us. Fortunately we are more educated & aware & not like living in the days of leprosy or the plague. (Although those diseases are still in the world they have ways of treating them now). That would be super scary! "Bring out the dead..." <shudders>

i've actually started drawing more again! although i don't know if that's just because of quarantine, i've had a lot of positive encouragement lately. ^w^ it has been nice to get back into it, though. other than that, not really, dkjfk. i've started re-watching old shows, picked up a few new comics, and i've got a list of books i need to check out. i really should be using this time to learn a new language or something, but at least i'm having fun. :smile:
what about you?

yeah, the isolation has been hard for a lot of people who are used to being out more and socializing. ;w; i've never been much for hugs, and anxiety makes it hard to be social, so i think i'm just used to it. but i've also always been more inclined to being alone.

yeah, same!! i always wash my hands, and i'm pretty careful about spreading germs. and i totally agree about the facemasks? i always thought it was weird that it wasn't more common to wear a mask when you're sick. i feel like it's just considerate,and it makes a lot of sense, but people are just so adamant about not wearing one. but yeah, lol, god. living during those times must have been terrifying, especially since there wasn't much that could be done to save anyone. :strain:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:10 pm

I've been rewatching old shows since there aren't that many newer ones ...and won't be for awhile with the freeze in filming. I do like documentaries & stuff because I learn as well as being entertained. Although shorter clips are better for my attention span! If its an hour long documentary I tend to doze off...no matter how much I enjoy the show!

It seems every generation has a scary disease...not long ago HIV/AIDS was a death sentence. There has been so much progress but then something like COVID19 comes along & you realize how much more we still need to learn about the bodies immune system & how we react to viruses & cancer. One day!

What kind of things do you like to draw? Real life? Still? Human/animal form? Comic style? Look at some of ShiroGem and Murmurlade's sketches...they are so adorable! Mouse is learning how to do pixel art & has done some cute pieces. Did you do the art in your signature?

Postby meowzipan » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:32 am

sorry it took me so long to reply! ;w;

oh, same! it's the way they narrate it, so if the subject isn't interesting for me, i tend to get sleepy. xD (and sometimes, even if the subject IS interesting, the narrator's voice might lull me to sleep xD) so i like shorter informational videos, too! plus, yeah, it's so easy for me to get distracted, if it can't hold my attention.
do you like podcasts? i only really listen to MBMBAM (and that's a comedy podcast), but i can play a video game or browse the internet while i listen, so it's a much better format for me!

yeah, hopefully! people are so stubborn when they feel like they're being told what to do? but it's for everyone's safety. a better understanding of how to deal with viruses like this should be actually taught in classes, not just advice you give people when it's relevant. :<

i'm only good at drawing people, but i'm not bad at still life. without taking a picture and uploading it right now, i guess i'd say my style most resembles cartoons like atla. it's cartoonish, but i also used to draw nothing but anime, so i took a lot of inspiration from manga. i'm not bad at realism, but i don't try to draw from life as much as i used to!
right now all i seem to have the inspiration for is characters from undertale. xD maybe i'll post drawings sometime, though!
i'll peek around in the art forum and take a look! :3
the little tomanotchi is a clickable pet, though! i'm not very good at pixel art, but i do like to make little sprites of characters sometimes!

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon