New here? Introduce yourself!

Hello~ I'm Newww

Moderator: Ryvvi

Hello~ I'm Newww

Postby Juniperr » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:17 pm

Hi there!! I'm Juniperr <3
I'll try to reply when I can and recently I've been thinking about baking pies... I've never baked a pie before haha! Sometimes I wonder why some other people have such simple lives and I deal with so much drama at times... maybe it's me?
As for colour, my favourites are blue and purple and yellow!
I like making new friends and trying new things :cheer: Love animals and nature and sometimes I randomly start humming/ singing/ 'dancing' ~~
Hahahah! I do like my astrology and astronomy - thinking about going stargazing more, after this global event passes. Besides those things I always like new stories that are positive :L_Wing: :R_Wing:

Thank you for being here, and hopefully we can be friends :stamp-feather:

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 1:15 pm

Re: Hello~ I'm Newww

Postby Gingerale » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:27 pm

Welcome to Windlyn! Everyone is very friendly and right now it is nice to be able to have a cheerful community to hang out in.

I especially enjoy going out side star gazing at night. In kind of puts this whole world in perspective, and helps me remember there are greater things then us out there. I like to think about how people for thousands of years have been looking up at the same stars as I do.

Come visit my newbie thread for a welcome gift!
Are you finding your way around? Fishing is every 8 hours and gives you some backgrounds and other rare stuff that you can not buy in the shops.
Play the games for an easy way to make feathers. 3 scores per game per day count.
I think there is a little hiatus going on, but post and people will reply when they get on. We have an international family. :heart:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:45 pm

Hello Juniperr! Windlyn is my little refuge in the craziness of the day.

Don't forget to visit my charity adventure, you get a prize every time you achieve a goal. I don't sell my past items but I do make you work for them!(in a fun way).

My game thread and charity links are in my signature, the signature appears on the users first post of the page only.

There are some "no fail"pie recipes out there. We were just talking about gluten free pies on Taenia ( another newcomers) thread. I'm going to pick up some almond flour and try some tarts! I'll let you know if they turn out good. I have a good recipe for a crustless cheese cake.

There is a support guide on the forums page but you can always ask anyone a question...some one will get back to you! Are you making a pie for any special occasion or just to try it? What's your favorite pie filling?

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 2:15 pm

Postby Juniperr » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:23 am

Thank you Gingerale!! Wow yeah and the stories that the stars inspire in us :) Honestly I just look and appreciate the vastness of space
Yeah! Thank you I'll have a look at your thread :) Mmm I think I'm finding my way around (eventually) hahah :O I really love the mysteriousness of fishing!! Ooo I didn't know much about the games.. Aaa okay I'm from Australia by the way <3

Hi Lemon Cheesecake! :smile: Hahah make em work!! Mmm that feels like a quote but I don't remember from where... Okie thank you~ Yes! Please let me know!! Mm last time I tried to make a tart it didn't turn out very well hahaha I'll definitely have a look at no fail recipes and if I manage to screw those up I must be a genius in some way - last time I made a cheesecake I made myself sick.. very sick.. I love cheesecakes though :) :heart:
I've been wanting to try for a long time! Pecan or apple I guess~ what's your favourite filling? :cheer:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:24 am

Nice! We have a couple other "Aussie's" on Windlyn. Time difference can have an effect for you when people are on but just post and someone should reply eventually.

I like Pecan but it is soooo sweet...kind of like a raisin tart with no crunch. I would probably go for a blueberry filling as one of my favorites but I do like a strawberry rhubarb which is rarely served anywhere. I like peach as well. Apple places tend to leave too crisp so I prefer it when I bake my own apple crisp.

I can only do a small slice of cheesecake as it leaves me with cramps. If it is diluted down with whipped cream I do a little better...something about creamed cheese my body doesn't like.

Don't forget to come get your prizes as you accomplish the tasks in my charity thread (link is in my signature)!

I'm off to work ~ enjoy your day.

Postby galled » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:25 pm

I said hello in Lemon's hangout, but I thought I'd drop in here to continue the conversation!

The only pies I've ever baked where the frozen pre-made ones. :) Yes, I would think the crust is the hardest to get right.

Drama... don't get me started! LOL

I don't dance randomly, but I'm guilty of breaking out on song too! Lalalala~!

I'm a Gemini. What sign are you?

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Juniperr » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:30 am

@Lemon Cheesecake
Hahah I'll try to reply faster -> just realised a lot of my other friends reply slow too...

Ooo blueberry! I love blueberries as as fruits (tried to grow some once) mm rhubarb does seem to be hard to find.. I've only seen one store have it my whole life! And strawberry rhubarb sounds even harder to find... but I feel like trying it now~
Wow do you bake a lot?

Ooo I'm lactose intolerant so I generally try to eat non-dairy dairy products

Thank you! Hope you enjoyed work (?) O yeah I'll have a look at your charity thread again. I love the narration

galled
Yaay
I always try to microwave frozen pies haha! Yeah... I guess it takes practice and talent

Haha! I'm trying to stay away from drama at the moment (hopefully)

Singing is so fun lalala~

Aquarius! I kind of nickname Gemini as Gemgem

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:28 pm

I don't bake much but I am going to try some gluten free cookie recipes this week end hopefully, using almond flour.

Postby galled » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:53 pm

It was difficult but worth the effort to eliminate / reduce contact / interactions with the drama people in my life. The best thing I've done for my sanity I've ever done! Highly recommended. People shouldn't have to live like that. It's a never-ending energy suck.

Yay! Fellow air sign!

Lemon, what are you going to bake?

Server Administrator

Postby Juniperr » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:23 pm

@Lemon Cheesecake have fun!!

Galled, yeah! It feels amazing having peace in my life :)) mm but sometimes I feel that I just get sucked into things very easily.. (thinking face) But yes! No-body should have to live within an energy sucking environment!!

Yaaaay air signs unite! :D

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:10 pm

lol, weather was too hot to turn on the oven so I didn't bake! I wanted to try shortbread cookies made with almond flour.

Postby Juniperr » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:57 am

Ooo I love shortbread cookies!! Just realised that I love everything baked :) hope you enjoy eating your shortbread Lemon Cheesecake!!

Postby Mouse » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:28 am

Welcome to Windlyn! :strain:

Postby Juniperr » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:10 pm

Mouse Thank you!! :)

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:04 pm

oh...lemon shortbread with the almond flour should taste good! That was a nice suggestion! Thank you! Weather is cooling so should be ok to put the oven on without getting totally over heated.

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon