New here? Introduce yourself!

Hello~ I'm Newww

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Hello~ I'm Newww

Postby Juniperr » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:58 am

Yaaayy hahah I'm getting busier so I might wait for a while and then try the pies :D

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:10 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:18 pm

I always associate pies with the fall...probably because that's when the apple crop comes in and people are more prone to use the oven.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:10 am

Postby Juniperr » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:25 pm

Mmm and halloween and pumpkin crops? For me pies are more a winter thing because I tend to want them when it's cold outside. Actually wanted to volunteer at a farm before but now I'm too busy again hahah

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:08 pm

What kind of farm? Vegetable? Animal? Orchard?

I did strawberry picking for a few days one summer when I was about 12 or so...my friend's Mom kept the money! They didn't have much money so I didn't say anything to her Mom but I did ask my friend about when we were getting our money and my friend told me her Mom was keeping it. Then again...maybe I should have said something because maybe her Mom gave my earnings to her to give to me! Haha, only just thought of that now! But it wasn't a job I would want, you had to work fast, go pick early but it was still hot out.

Postby Juniperr » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:23 pm

I was considering all of them hahah

Yeah... mmm would you want to ask her to clear things up?? Hahah I was thinking of volunteering but some places seem to still work you very hard :O

Postby ShiroGEM » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:47 pm

Aw man... farms in Taiwan are always so scorching hot I don't think I could ever... I think it's a very rewarding experience to have at least once in your life though! There's such a visual disconnect between what you buy at the store vs what actually gets grown!

Also this is kind of late but welcome to Windlyn~ I feel like all the items in the fishing pool are up your ally because they're astrology/space themed C:

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:10 pm

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:40 pm

I lost contact with that friend many, many years ago but it was an interesting experience and one I never forgot!

My family has always had a vegetable garden of some sort and neighbors always had fruit tree's we could pick up. It is wonderful to be able to share fresh produce. I pick oranges at a friends and give most of what I pick to others. They have people come in and pick for the food bank ( a place where people with low income can go to get free food).

Postby Juniperr » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:03 am

Thank you ShiroGEM!! It's never too late haha~ yesss I really like the fishing pool items C:
Aaa there seems to be so many things I want to do~ yeah! It's always great to connect with nature and what I'm eating :D Australia's really hot in the summer and a bit unpredictable in winter.. Did you help out at a farm?

Yeah there was a time when my family lived in a house with fruit trees planted by the last owners and we should exchange fruits with our neighbours. /it's so nice to be able to have a garden of some sort. Sometimes I feel that I'm so in the city... aaa that's so nice of you and your friend! :) I try to donate the things I don't need but my brother always wants to sell them instead hahah

Postby ShiroGEM » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:13 am

ohoho well if you have any other themed items you would like to see feel free to chuck them at me~

I've done it before when I was younger and on school trips etc. I don't think i'd do it often haha, too used to living in the city to be honest, but it was really enlightening! The most memorable one was helping out two elders carry logs for a shiitake mushroom farm though, it was a very unique experience C:

Postby Toastaphonix » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:45 am

Hiya! I'm new as well and I absolutely love going out in nature. That's exactly why I moved to the mountains two years ago. Best decision of my life for sure. Baking pies can be tricky if you have a bad recip just be mindful if making your own pie crust to not overwork the dough. That'll make it tough instead of a nice flaky crust. Drama tends to find me too but fortunately not drama about me, just people in my life tend to vent their drama to me even if I barely know them. I guess I just have a face that says "please tell me your problems" while simultaneously having a face that customers complain about cause I have a bad case of RBF. I don't get it I just go with the flow.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:10 am

Postby galled » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:25 am

Hello, Toastaphonix welcome to Windlyn!

The mountains sounds wonderful! The whole idea of moving to a less dense area sounds so appealing these days...

OMG, I had a look at your profile--you're a BAKER!!! So many questions... I hope we can ask you for more, tips, tricks and advice as time goes on, perhaps? What kind of baking do you do or like best? Do you have a specialty? Do you do any baking for fun?

Yeah, I think those of us who hate drama (I suppose almost by definition!), hate it because we're not the causes/creators of it! LOL

Perhaps I'm an old softie at heart and it sounds like you are too, but even though you know where conversations are going, you still listen to allow the person to vent/unload. I'm generally OK with that when it's an acquaintance or customer (someone I know in passing), but when that becomes a regular thing, I've found ways to become busy (read disengage) to cut it short. Otherwise for me it becomes a never-ending whirlpool/downward spiral that takes me down with it. :/

(I'm talking therapist levels of spewage.) Go with the flow... I can relate. :)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Cilencio Cerbera » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:44 am

HELLO NEWBIE IMMA NEWBIE TOO XXDDDDDD

Postby Juniperr » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:14 pm

ShiroGEM Okie~~ OOOOO I've wanted to go mushroom picking for so long hahah Aaaaa gee my school just took is to camps where we either slept in the wild or slept in a room of harmless animals.... I slept right next to a lizard whose enclosure was a tiny lego height barrier and the lizard was on a branch right above my face. The only thing between me and the lizard was the the tiny branch and half a ruler of air.

Toastaphonix heeeeeyyyy yes I have rbf too hahahah and sometimes people find me scary... mmm my drama though is that people tend to like talking about me haha mm some people used to tell me all about their dramas too but I've distanced myself from them because it took a psychological toll on me with me trying to help them haha BUT YES thank you for the tip!!! ooo I feel a little more confident now XD

galled yeah it definitely became an endless whirlpool for me at that time of listening to others.. so I'm glad you can become busy

@Cilencio Cerbera HELLOO NEEEEWWWBIEEE XDDDDD

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:34 am

welcome!

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:10 am

Postby Juniperr » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:59 pm

Thank you!!

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome Wagon