I came to this site because a few friends invited me
and so I'm still checking things out.

Anyway, nice to meet y'all!

-Blessed Be-

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:11 pm

Re: ~ Waves Hello ~

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:41 pm

You are never too old for Windlyn! :wink: Welcome! :cheer:

We have a help/support on the Forums page that answers a lot of the basic questions but if you need to know something throw it out there and some one is bound to answer!

I have a busy work week this week - overtime- so am not on here as much...a little behind on the welcoming since we got a surge of new people (love it though!).

Fish every 8 hours, items are not in the shops, some are rare and an assortment of backgrounds.
Quest every 12 hours, don't worry about not doing a quest, just go back in 12 hours.
Game scores for 3 games per day per game.

Check out my game threads - links are in my avatar signature (which appears on the users first post of the page) and join my charity adventure and get past items or feathers when you accomplish tasks. I don't sell my items but I do gift them as prizes. If you win on my pillowfight you can always request an item. If you make a wish list thread I can pick items on the list as your prizes.

Look forward to getting to know you! Thanks for all you do with your nursing especially in this difficult time. :heart:

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:11 am

Postby RaeChan » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:52 pm

Thanks for the welcome :)
yeah most of us that just joined are all from the same place ~ there is like... 12 of us i know of off hand that joined this week.
And oof I know how it is to be that busy - I do two jobs (hospital and elderly assisted living facility) and raising my daughter is a job on its own so to say. XD haha.

thank you for the tips and all on here and i appreciate that since im still learning my way around
and I definately will check out your threads soon. <3 ^_^

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:You are never too old for Windlyn! :wink: Welcome! :cheer:

We have a help/support on the Forums page that answers a lot of the basic questions but if you need to know something throw it out there and some one is bound to answer!

I have a busy work week this week - overtime- so am not on here as much...a little behind on the welcoming since we got a surge of new people (love it though!).

Fish every 8 hours, items are not in the shops, some are rare and an assortment of backgrounds.
Quest every 12 hours, don't worry about not doing a quest, just go back in 12 hours.
Game scores for 3 games per day per game.

Check out my game threads - links are in my avatar signature (which appears on the users first post of the page) and join my charity adventure and get past items or feathers when you accomplish tasks. I don't sell my items but I do gift them as prizes. If you win on my pillowfight you can always request an item. If you make a wish list thread I can pick items on the list as your prizes.

Look forward to getting to know you! Thanks for all you do with your nursing especially in this difficult time. :heart:

Postby ShiroGEM » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:55 pm

Hello!! Welcome to Windlyn :) I hope you and your friends enjoy your stay here!
Don't worry about age, we're all inclusive here! Being a nurse and artist at the same time is also really respectable!! Which one did you want to do first or were you always interested in both?
We'd love to see your designs and ideas when you do :cheer:

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:11 am

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby galled » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:05 pm

Welcome! Nice to meet you!

You're a hero, I thank you for your service!

You must be really busy, so it's even more special you're here with us. We'd love to see you work when you're ready to share. So many talented people out here--I'm always in awe!

Age is just a number--everyone is welcome! :)

How old is your daughter if you don't mind me asking?

I hope you like it here. :cheer:

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby RaeChan » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:20 pm

ShiroGEM wrote:Hello!! Welcome to Windlyn :) I hope you and your friends enjoy your stay here!
Don't worry about age, we're all inclusive here! Being a nurse and artist at the same time is also really respectable!! Which one did you want to do first or were you always interested in both?
We'd love to see your designs and ideas when you do :cheer:

Hello Shiro and thanks for the welcome :) <3

Well that is the basic things i do " artist" covers a wide range. XD
(horror effects makeup artist, pixel artist, etc)
But I wanted to do anything art related at first but realistically when I got out of highschool
I just went the medical route because the money is there and easier to find work in the field so to say.

But I do various things - just atm due to virus half of the things I do are canceled or limited.
( assistant special olympics bocce coach, ren faire volunteer, horror effects makeup artist and costume creator at local haunt attractions, singing a few songs if requested at my friends pub. )

And oh yes yes ~ what attracted me here was my friends mentioned something about i can create items here. I have few things made on other sites already - just working on building up a portfolio. XD

examples: - just a few as proofs ( sorry i like to brag about things im proud about. XD )

[+] SPOILER
^ comes in various colors and the things you see in the back are by me as well.
things below are things i was making for a similar site as an example of something i could do if they was to hire me.

Postby RaeChan » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:23 pm

galled wrote:Welcome! Nice to meet you!

You're a hero, I thank you for your service!

You must be really busy, so it's even more special you're here with us. We'd love to see you work when you're ready to share. So many talented people out here--I'm always in awe!

Age is just a number--everyone is welcome! :)

How old is your daughter if you don't mind me asking?

I hope you like it here. :cheer:

Thank you for the welcome
and np it's my job so I just do what I must - granted sometimes it drives me nuts.

I posted a few things in shiro's comment to me as examples ^_^ though i can do better stuff
- i like to do these as a side hobby to keep me busy on my downtime.

And my daughter just turned 12 not too long ago. x-x kinda wish she was still a baby...
so much easier to handle her without the pre-teens hormonal attitudes. lol

Postby galled » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:39 pm

Well, that's exactly what a true hero would say! :)

12 is a good age, but yes, the borderline of the terrible teen years. But the severity depends on the child. I suppose it always seems worse while you're in it. Keeping perspective is the key. ;)

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:57 pm

We have had themed item contests where several designs were chosen and made into items plus some of the members have suggested item designs (like mermaid tails) that we have gotten...ShiroGem has designed quite a few items lately too so a good source to suggest things to. New items tend to come out for an event.

Wow, you stay busy!And what cool hobbies!! Do you just design costumes or actually sew/make them? Does your daughter volunteer with you at the events you have done? I would think she learns a lot from you, you sound multi talented!!

Postby ShiroGEM » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:02 pm

Wow your work is gorgeous *u* and your style is really versatile
Is the second set of items on virtual popstar?

I'm in awe at how ranged your skillsets are! Dabbling in pixel art and makeup, plus medical? I could never haha
My parents would have liked if I pursued medical for sure, but here I am haha, I hope the current situation hasn't made your job too difficult ;u;

Diana (the site admin) is very open to item submissions! i've always loved the community contribution aspect here :) you can send her a PM if you're interested, that's how i got started~

Postby Gingerale » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:13 pm

I think we had a raven at one time? Not sure, for sure.

Please come visit my freebie thread for a welcome gift - just click on my link!

Do you make your own fake blood or purchase it made? Movies before color used to use chocolate syrup I believe. I watched a costume design show that they hand made all their costumes and props. It was very interesting. So much work though!

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:11 am

Postby RaeChan » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:25 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:We have had themed item contests where several designs were chosen and made into items plus some of the members have suggested item designs (like mermaid tails) that we have gotten...ShiroGem has designed quite a few items lately too so a good source to suggest things to. New items tend to come out for an event.

Wow, you stay busy!And what cool hobbies!! Do you just design costumes or actually sew/make them? Does your daughter volunteer with you at the events you have done? I would think she learns a lot from you, you sound multi talented!!

I design and sew them :) but also I have made a few wedding and prom dresses for close family and friends thru the years. My daughter goes to the ren faire with me and mostly likes to play human chess or she watches those who like to fight in the mud pit near where i normally stay around - but she does show interest in it so im sure she will in the future. She is learning various things from me - atm she is singing and also learning simple cosplays since she is getting into that because of me. XD haha she doesnt care too much for my horror makeup effects though - she dislikes when i make fake blood and work with the liquid latex... she complains it smells. haha. And atm she is too young to help out with the special olympics team but next year she cna participate as a unified player with a few of our athletes - bocce is simple so she can play it easily. :)

Postby RaeChan » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:30 pm

ShiroGEM wrote:Wow your work is gorgeous *u* and your style is really versatile
Is the second set of items on virtual popstar?

I'm in awe at how ranged your skillsets are! Dabbling in pixel art and makeup, plus medical? I could never haha
My parents would have liked if I pursued medical for sure, but here I am haha, I hope the current situation hasn't made your job too difficult ;u;

Diana (the site admin) is very open to item submissions! i've always loved the community contribution aspect here :) you can send her a PM if you're interested, that's how i got started~

Actually no - I never been on virtual popstar but the site that i did these for (not officially open to public yet)
has told me of vp and of kai and others that are on there - few of them did stuff for vp though.

well other then the stuff i posted i have other non-avatar/doll based stuff i done in the past on deviantart.

[+] SPOILER
https://www.deviantart.com/ravenpandorah

though i really need to update and add all my other stuff there eventually when im not lazy. XD hahaa

And OH thanks!!! (jots down Diana) I most definately will when i make stuff with the windlyn base on here. - i just want to make a variety of things before i send anything in. XD <3

Postby RaeChan » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:36 pm

Gingerale wrote:I think we had a raven at one time? Not sure, for sure.

Please come visit my freebie thread for a welcome gift - just click on my link!

Do you make your own fake blood or purchase it made? Movies before color used to use chocolate syrup I believe. I watched a costume design show that they hand made all their costumes and props. It was very interesting. So much work though!

XD not the same raven I am positive.

and OH yeah I make my own :)

blue and red food coloring, karo syrup, and a little bit of starch to thicken it a touch. - depending on the effect i am working with depends on how much of the thickening agent i'd use or id add water to make it runny. - doesnt dry up like stage blood and cake off -granted yeah it stains but if you use rubbing alchol or the makeup removing pads with witch hazel - you'd be fine.
Most of the stuff i learn is by watching the horror movies and think - how can i replicate? - then i go and try it out - Tom Savini is whom I learned most of my stuff from by watching him in videos and such - love him! <3 But as far as costuming and all - yes omg a lot of work but if you have the time, patience, money, a creative mind to work with things that may seem obsure - then its fun and totally worth it. :)

Postby Cilencio Cerbera » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:36 am

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon