New here? Introduce yourself!

~ Waves Hello ~

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: ~ Waves Hello ~

Postby RaeChan » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:15 am

Cilencio Cerbera wrote:

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

CC CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC :heart: :cheeky: :heart: :wink:

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:58 am

Postby ShiroGEM » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:13 am

Ahhh no wonder, sorry the pixeling style of the base was really familiar! Is the site still in alpha/beta phase?
Your sailor moon redraw!!! AAAA!!!
Same to be honest, haven't been on deviantart in forever since the site format updated. Looks super weird now xD
Oh before you do so, I'd advise to message her before getting started on drawing items to get information about the layering system and requirements :) It's really straightforward though~ Just something to keep in mind if you're making things like tops, dresses, jackets and hairs

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:58 pm

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby RaeChan » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:37 am

ShiroGEM wrote:Ahhh no wonder, sorry the pixeling style of the base was really familiar! Is the site still in alpha/beta phase?
Your sailor moon redraw!!! AAAA!!!
Same to be honest, haven't been on deviantart in forever since the site format updated. Looks super weird now xD
Oh before you do so, I'd advise to message her before getting started on drawing items to get information about the layering system and requirements :) It's really straightforward though~ Just something to keep in mind if you're making things like tops, dresses, jackets and hairs

Yeah its still in test phase.
And yeah i had my sailor moon redraw phase... It was tempting. XD haha
As far as deviant art goes i dont care too much for the update but times change so i just gotta get use to it i guess.
And ahhh ok i should message her first then.
I know that the other sites all have separate layers for the base body parts so im aware but ill still message when able then. :)

Postby ShiroGEM » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:40 am

No wonder! The sets are really beautiful though! Drop the name when it launches :wink:
True, I think I definitely use twitter and instagram more at this point though. The new format is so confusing and sudden :strain:
Yea honestly it was something I had to get used to because I work on one layer for most things, but it's pretty easy now :smile:

Postby RaeChan » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:52 am

ShiroGEM wrote:No wonder! The sets are really beautiful though! Drop the name when it launches :wink:
True, I think I definitely use twitter and instagram more at this point though. The new format is so confusing and sudden :strain:
Yea honestly it was something I had to get used to because I work on one layer for most things, but it's pretty easy now :smile:

Yeah im used to layers because i did work for other sites long time ago so im not a stranger to it though at first it can be confusing. XD at least so far the bases here i notice are still and not moving so a little less worry on some bits.

Oh the site you can join it if you like

[+] SPOILER
https://test.everskies.com

Cant add friends or anything but they do have a discord chat which i lurk often and post my work.
Also if you do and head to shop my name is RavenLore
So if you put that in designer you'll see my work there. XD
Just finished a set today tbh.

Postby ShiroGEM » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:01 pm

True! Diana has animated the avatars before so keeping the layers proper is like a precaution ^^ Maybe we'll see it someday~

Damn, everyone on that site is so talented at pixeling *_* Also insane fashion sense! I'm glad they take user submissions! I love seeing all the stuff they came up with in the design chatter thread. Do you know if they plan to wipe the data prior to launch like DV did?

Postby RaeChan » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:30 pm

ShiroGEM wrote:True! Diana has animated the avatars before so keeping the layers proper is like a precaution ^^ Maybe we'll see it someday~

Damn, everyone on that site is so talented at pixeling *_* Also insane fashion sense! I'm glad they take user submissions! I love seeing all the stuff they came up with in the design chatter thread. Do you know if they plan to wipe the data prior to launch like DV did?

Yeah they plan to wipe it clean once they get ready to launch
which I am okay with ~ I'd just have to re-submit all my work. XD

Postby ShiroGEM » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:44 pm

Ahhh I see! i'll definitely revisit it when it officially launches, but everyone's avatars are so gorgeous *O*

Postby RaeChan » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:47 pm

^_^ dunno when it will be but i know it will be soon ~
and haha thanks <3
Once they open I will be putting my creations officially on deviant art for my portfolio - i havent done it yet because lazy but also... i think its better to wait. XD

Postby ShiroGEM » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:39 pm

That's true! I should probably compile a portfolio for all the items i've made on here too.. but I too, am lazy xD
Designing items is so fun though! Would be so cool to do it as a job *q*

Postby RaeChan » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:46 pm

ShiroGEM wrote:That's true! I should probably compile a portfolio for all the items i've made on here too.. but I too, am lazy xD
Designing items is so fun though! Would be so cool to do it as a job *q*

RIGHT?! :grin: :heart: (sorry caps - oof)

But even if not a job -
just seeing others wear my creations is good enough for me
and puts a smile on my face.
(simple things <3 haha)

I messaged Diana so hopefully I'll get a response and I'll wait patiently. XD
Just hope I don't bother her too much - even added her on my deviantart so she can see the art i done (other then the stuff on that site).

But yeah it would make for a nice portfolio
so in case you do look to find a job online doing these things
you would have that to show what you had done
and had "published" on a website -which will look good.

my downfall is I didnt take this up in college and was self taught. XD
not many like dealing with "freelancers" that i have noticed. x-x;;;
but i did my years in college to be a nurse - i dont want to go back. XD haha

Postby ShiroGEM » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:54 pm

I feel that!! I love seeing the combinations people pull off (like the wings/halo you're wearing now.. never thought the colour matching would work that well with the starswish dress!)

Don't worry about it haha, when I first got started I was sending paragraphs of questions and I felt kind of bad, but it helped me gain a better understanding of how to draw items better. :smile:
dA is easy to upload to but I had thought about using a site builder like wix or weebly for custom formats. sadly... it takes so much work :cry:

Freelancing is not uncommon even when you graduate from art and design college, you just get trained to communicate with clients and present your work to them~ I think the name "freelancing" is losing its bad reputation over time as more people turn to it for flexibility

Same, I'm still in college but I hated highschool xD Would not go back ever

Postby RaeChan » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:17 pm

ShiroGEM wrote:I feel that!! I love seeing the combinations people pull off (like the wings/halo you're wearing now.. never thought the colour matching would work that well with the starswish dress!)

Don't worry about it haha, when I first got started I was sending paragraphs of questions and I felt kind of bad, but it helped me gain a better understanding of how to draw items better. :smile:
dA is easy to upload to but I had thought about using a site builder like wix or weebly for custom formats. sadly... it takes so much work :cry:

Freelancing is not uncommon even when you graduate from art and design college, you just get trained to communicate with clients and present your work to them~ I think the name "freelancing" is losing its bad reputation over time as more people turn to it for flexibility

Same, I'm still in college but I hated highschool xD Would not go back ever

I use weebly but only for my layout creations I did for other sites since it was easier to share them thru that.
- which i need to update eventually as well because most my images are lost because of tinypic closing... now i need to remake a few and upload the images to imgur to replace the tinypic images. -blah-

i think i used wix... once? but that was because someone paid me to work with it and make them a webpage years ago. - vaguely remember since it was a long time ago. haha

I guess when you put it that way about "freelancing" you are right ~
(always good to see others points of view on these things)
but those whom I had dealt with in the past used that in a negative way - the look on their faces when they say it says alot... but then times change so I believe you when you say that.

Ah, I disliked college and only did it for the professions I was going for -
and highschool... yeah I am not evennnnn gonna go there...
I myself will never ever ever everrrrr want to go back to that
and I pray that my daughter doesn't have as bad as a time when she gets to highschool as much as I did... :scream:

Postby ShiroGEM » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:43 am

Wait tinypic is closing??? Oh no I used to host my old art on there :strain:
Imgur is definitely my favourite hosting site at the moment!

I think wix and weebly are pretty comparable, but I definitely like the domain of wix more than weebly haha, sounds slightly more professional as a person who doesn't want to purchase a custom domain.

Definitely, my parents don't think freelancing is sustainable in any way. But I think it's who your clients are and how you manage your own workload that determines how successful that way of life is for you.

Praying for your daughter too C": my stress was definitely more academic than social though, hopefully people start caring more about their children's mental health than their grades by the time she gets there :strain:

Postby RaeChan » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:59 am

ShiroGEM wrote:Wait tinypic is closing??? Oh no I used to host my old art on there :strain:
Imgur is definitely my favourite hosting site at the moment!

I think wix and weebly are pretty comparable, but I definitely like the domain of wix more than weebly haha, sounds slightly more professional as a person who doesn't want to purchase a custom domain.

Definitely, my parents don't think freelancing is sustainable in any way. But I think it's who your clients are and how you manage your own workload that determines how successful that way of life is for you.

Praying for your daughter too C": my stress was definitely more academic than social though, hopefully people start caring more about their children's mental health than their grades by the time she gets there :strain:

yeah tinypic closed a while ago actually ~ so i lost alot of things myself since most of it was from my old laptop that died on me aka daughter spilled water and it fried my motherboard. lol

and i didnt work with wix enough other then that one time to notice - far as i recall... *scratches head* haha
but it does sound more professional i will admit that.

and yeah that is true. XD

also, my daughter is only 12 so she still has some time before she hits highschool though ~
but atm she is being home schooled due to the virus bs going around and her paranoia on going to school and catching it. ;-;

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome Wagon