Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:39 am

Re: Pleased to meet you

Postby Vaughn Creighton » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:49 pm

hellow hellow

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:39 am

Postby silverberry » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:51 pm

Please do not spam here. Thanks.
I'd delete this thread if there's a way to do so.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:39 pm

https://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/event/eggHunt/partyCrasher2.png

They/them
Hangout Thread | CK Art Album

Images used belongs to Windlyn and their artists - slightly edited to prevent confusion for current event.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:54 pm

Silverberry - you can always edit the title on the first post of the first page and type "closed" in the header if you don't want to use this thread anymore.

How have you been? Are you doing anything for the holiday season?

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:39 am

Re: CLOSED

Postby Ashton » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:12 am

Were trying to be social with you Sil but since you obviously hate being social with everyone here then so be it.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:57 am

Silverberry , if the spamming is out of control then PM Diana. Generally spamming is discouraged or ONLY for a spam forum, in the past spamming was dealt with immediately. I think since you all from the chibi kingdom were "friends", the spamming was over looked...but obviously it is an issue and should probably be dealt with.

Ashton : that was kind of an unkind comment even if you were joking. And I do personally have issues trying to read through the SPAM your group puts out. It's not that we don't enjoy having your group here but spamming is annoying and on Windlyn we want everyone to feel safe and at home and have a place to share and comment to each other.
:heart:

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:39 am

Postby silverberry » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:31 am

I've been meaning to put up my own Hangouts thread so we could move there. I was concerned newer threads in the Welcome Forum would get buried -- it's just one of the forums I think should be kept organized!
Windlyn is just one of the many socials and games that I've been neglecting because of a change in my workload.

Ashton, you already know where to find me and how to contact me elsewhere! I also do have other threads here that we could talk in (and plenty of activity in CK as well!), but you never do so, so forgive me if I can't take your statement that you were "just being social" sincerely. Nobody appreciates ad hominem attacks as well, especially when it's blatantly - and can very easily be proven to be false. Personally, I dislike it very much when the intent behind it seems to be a guilt trip, especially when it's starting to feel like you're guilt-tripping me because I stopped you from farming feathers using my thread. I do not like feeling like I'm just being used either.

I tried to tell you guys to stop light-heartedly and jokingly, but since you were persistent, I decided to be a bit more direct. Apologies if it sounded harsh - it wasn't my intention to be mean - but please respect my wishes to keep this thread closed!

Lemon, it's not much of an issue - it was funny when this got bumped, but I just really wanted to move to a different, more appropriate forum and thread instead of this one, though I kept getting distracted from doing that. But I guess keeping this thread dead was a bit... too much to ask?

EDIT (12 dec 2020 2amish)
(bc DANG, didn't i just say: STOP BUMPING UP THIS DANG THREAD)

cc has already said anything else i wanted to say.
i'm not stopping anyone from from commenting on any other welcome wagon threads, just on mine. and u already know i still check windlyn every now and then even if i don't have much energy to join in on the game threads or other convos since i already commented here again DAYS back. i can tell u now this isn't an efficient way to get inactive ck peeps back here - but hey, if ur having fun and thread op's fine with it, go ahead. but the thing is, i'm not fine with having mine used that way, so please respect that.
and please, if u really wanna chat with me, just ping me on the ck hangouts, or send me a message. i would make my own hangout thread, but considering how my other threads fared i was thinking i need to spice it up or smth for it to get more traction, and i hadn't had the time to come up with something yet.
as i already said, it's not a big deal. the most i'd really do is get this thread deleted to prevent even more other people from butting in. that would just make this get out of hand.
i'm willing to take this to private messages or into the ck hangouts thread.

Postby Ashton » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:18 am

its not guilt tripping, the purpose of commenting on the ck users welcome threads was to help them be active since some have quit already it seems.

Postby Cilencio Cerbera » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:13 am

So Sil wanted the Welcome Wagon to be organized and for people to repeatedly openly try to comment here so that actual newbie's post don't get burried, which is very valid and a rule from the Welcome Wagon list of rules.

Ashton misunderstood Sil's words and took it in a hostile manner, then lashed out his points in a rather unmature manner which can be improved in time.

These are just the two of them trying to talk it out in the best way they know best,I'd suggest outsiders to not interfere so as to not unconsciously encourage or incite more issues from these two individuals.

Furthermore, if anyone truly have issues with our spamming, I'd suggest them to file a report to Diana or Galled personally instead of taking it out onto the players. Perhaps the mods may be able to work this issue out. There is also another option that was already presented by the mods since many months or years back, which is blocking players or adding them to the foes list so that one's Unread Thread list may remain tidy. Another method is to subscribe to threads that we're interested in and check our notifications to be notified instead of relying entirely on 'Unread Threads' from the first hand and get overwhelmed by it.

Again, let these two solve their issue by themselves. If it will cause a problem, one of them may bring it up to the mods. It is not in our place to interfere.

Previous

Return to Welcome Wagon