New here? Introduce yourself!

New here!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: New here!

Postby ShiroGEM » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:15 am

Oh no they're both sooooo cute T-T I hope they're doing well where ever they are. How can you stand to live with cats if you're allergic?
Also does your sibling's dogs and cats get along?

I used to have a betta fish but that was a decade ago. Owning pets in my apartment complex is super complicated and I don't think i'd be able to give them the care they need. I do live through my friend's pets though! One of them has two cats and I love them so much, even if one of them is super needy and the other is super shy xD

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:49 pm

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby afanofinuyasha » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:52 pm

I love animals way too much to not live through my allergies for them. Yeah they all get along real well. Main problem is dogs trying to be the alphas over other dogs. I love the animals that are super needy even if they get in my face and set off my allergies. I keep hoping they ran off or got stolen. There is another option and it's not pleasant..

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:49 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:51 pm

Did you say you tried getting allergy shots? For some people they work great! You have to be committed to getting them in the right timing though and not letting it lapse.

Sad to say some people do steal animals. I have to confess the cat we had as kids had wandered into our yard. We fed it and loved it and it stayed! We never saw anyone put up posters looking for it. She was the absolute best cat. If I could have one like her again i would love it. She died of old age. She never had a bathroom accident in the house, never used a litter box.Always keeping herself clean and would sit and purr on you for ages. Dang I miss her!

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:49 am

Postby afanofinuyasha » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:43 pm

I have not tried getting allergy shots. I am not very good with shots though. I use allergy pills. Yeah my cat that's still here disappeared the first week I moved down here. I was so worried and then like a week later he showed back up we think someone brought him into their house and tried to keep him in and one day he got out and came back. I kept count for the first ten weeks of my other cats who disappeared like two weeks between each other. It was heartbreaking. I think maybe someone picked them up and took them by car to a different house. My cats are really sweet and loving but my fluffy grey cat is so loud and screeches if he's kept into a house so they would have to let him leave eventually and he hasn't come back or been seen in the neighborhood and my sibling walks around all the time everywhere. And about that if you were kids you didn't know better and it seemed no one was looking for it. I'm sure the previous owners -if they had any- would be happy they found a happy place. There's also a chance someone dropped off the poor thing and left it and if that's the case, you saved them.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:32 pm

A girl I work with's cat was stuck in the neighbor's garage for 3 weeks when the neighbor left on holiday, apparently it snuck in unnoticed. They searched around looked in all the windows etc.put up posters, kwalked around calling for him. He ended up surviving, they had a toilet in the garage and the cat drank the water and I am assuming at mice? Amazing! Cats are resilient.

Postby afanofinuyasha » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:37 pm

Oh I was so worried most of the way through! But I'm glad that the cat survived!

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:28 am

welcome!

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:49 am

Postby afanofinuyasha » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:34 pm

I'm so sorry MonkeyGirl! I just saw this. I don't remember it showing up in my notifications but thank you so much! I just went to see my posts and it was like "MonkeyGirl18 replied last" and I rushed here real quick.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:38 pm

How are things going????

Postby afanofinuyasha » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:17 pm

Not well. It's been a rough few weeks so I haven't been on as much as I want. How's it going with you?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:36 pm

oh no!! I hope things improve for you and that this has only been a phase. I actually had a great birthday week but the last few days have been very hectic at work and I am exhausted...but I know it will end, its the first week of the month and is always busier plus one coworker is on vacation and will be back next week.

I sent you something to help brighten your day a little ! :heart:

Postby afanofinuyasha » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:45 pm

Your so sweet. I wish I could show my appreciation especially since it's your birthday week. There are so many great people on this site. I saw the messages and felt like crying because it was so nice. It definitely made my day. Thank you so so much.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:03 pm

:heart:

Postby Vaughn Creighton » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:26 am

hi inu^^ :grin: :heart: :heart: :cheer:

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:49 am

Postby Ashton » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:36 am

I'm late but welcome to Windlyn!