New here? Introduce yourself!

Introduction

Moderator: Ryvvi

Introduction

Postby juliewolffang64 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:59 pm

Sorry for those that have already seen a lot more introductory first posts around here as mine is more plain Jane sort of post...

With that out of the way though, I'm Julie and I've stumbled upon the site through a search for shockingly a TinierMe type of creator guide that was posted by another user here on the forums. Even as a youngster, I would always get myself bamboozled into website after website and still do to this day. Most of my hobbies include video games, art, writing, and sometimes binge-watching older TV shows through Hulu.

I do also like to read, most of which is fictional books. One big thing I've been into is a lot of supernatural beings: vampires and werewolves mostly. Going back on the art, most of what I draw is usually the kemonomimis: neko boys, dog boys, and so on. I do also a bit of digital artwork, but my most recent adventures led me to small sprite edits of Pokemon to look a little more like myself...

On a bit more personal note though, I'm also an individual that is on the Autism Spectrum Disorder and while I tend to shy away from such places I do want to try and break out of the usual comfort zone. While I'm comfortable with being female, I actually consider myself non-binary.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:32 am

:L_Wing: She/her + he/him; Genderfluid Ace :R_Wing:
Autistic, Anxiety, and Introverted :worry:

Re: Introduction

Postby Nek0Nerd0 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:21 pm

Welcome to Windlyn Online, we are happy to have you :smile:
I'm Nek0, I'm a regular on the site.
There's plenty of things you can do here, like earning feathers through games and posting in forums, you can buy items in the shops, there's also fishing for new items every 6 hours or so.

There's the Newbie Assistance forum you can go to for an excellent headstart of your experience.
I post a lot in the Play Room forum, that's where all the forum games are. You can play along if you want.
Feel free to ask questions and I hope you enjoy your time :grin:

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:32 pm

Last active May 2021.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:00 am

Welcome Julie! Glad you found our wonderful world of Windlyn!

Please visit my threads...my game thread links and charity adventure are in the avatar signature, which appears on the first post of the page.

Fishing is every 8 hours, Questing for each Sister every 12 hours. As Neko said, 3 scores per game per day give you feather currency. Buy Lazarus shop items first as they are only around for a short while.

Sounds like your interests you should fit right in. Everyone is friendly and although some are more shy everyone is welcoming!
Do you have any pets?

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:32 am

Postby galled » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:27 pm

Welcome to Windlyn!

Which older tv shows are you watching? I think most network shows today (don't get me started on the reality tv!) are garbage. However I've been really impressed with what the quality of the shows streaming providers have been coming up with. My latest binge watching have been bbc shows.

I hope you enjoy yor time here!

Server Administrator

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:32 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Watery Star » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:05 pm

juliewolffang64 wrote:Sorry for those that have already seen a lot more introductory first posts around here as mine is more plain Jane sort of post...

With that out of the way though, I'm Julie and I've stumbled upon the site through a search for shockingly a TinierMe type of creator guide that was posted by another user here on the forums. Even as a youngster, I would always get myself bamboozled into website after website and still do to this day. Most of my hobbies include video games, art, writing, and sometimes binge-watching older TV shows through Hulu.

I do also like to read, most of which is fictional books. One big thing I've been into is a lot of supernatural beings: vampires and werewolves mostly. Going back on the art, most of what I draw is usually the kemonomimis: neko boys, dog boys, and so on. I do also a bit of digital artwork, but my most recent adventures led me to small sprite edits of Pokemon to look a little more like myself...

On a bit more personal note though, I'm also an individual that is on the Autism Spectrum Disorder and while I tend to shy away from such places I do want to try and break out of the usual comfort zone. While I'm comfortable with being female, I actually consider myself non-binary.

Welcome to Windlyn Julie!
This is a friendly and supportive community. I hope you enjoy and feel comfortable being and expressing yourself here :heart:

There is a hobbies section of the forums: https://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewforum.php?f=48
Where you can discuss about art, video games, reading & writing.

Pop Culture is where you can discuss Movies & TV
https://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewforum.php?f=9

Hangouts are for chit-chatting about whatever! Feel free to post in my hangout anytime.
https://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewforum.php?f=37

If you haven't already, check out Newbie Assistance:
https://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewforum.php?f=77

I also have a thread where I gift freebies to new people to our site, like yourself!
https://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=1529

If you have any questions, just ask :cheer:

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:32 am

Postby juliewolffang64 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:31 pm

Oh goodness, thanks for the replies! Hopefully I can cover them all in this one reply.

@"Nek0Nerd0" & @"Lemon Cheesecake": Thank you for the extra tips! I might have to look into those a bit more. Luckily I've been able to figure a few things out here and there, but it wouldn't hurt to know where to go when I need the extra help. As for the pets Lemon, I would say in real life we have just cats between the mom and dad/stepmom households - 4 in all. Although if I do manage to move out on my own, I would like to look into maybe a dog. As for here, might or might not get a pet this soon into my account's infancy. :cheer:

galled: No offense taken! Some of those usually don't make the thickest of sense in why others find it entertaining. I usually been okay with watching reruns of older shows myself. Recently though, my watching habits on Hulu are a rotation of Seinfeld, M*A*S*H, and C.S.I: Miami. Currently though, I've been watching through a few Peanuts specials they have on there. I admit that my tastes in TV shows is a bit eccentric but my music tastes are just as much of that.

Watery Star: Oh yes, I've actually have been around the forums and honestly been enjoying just how wide of a range of topics people talk about at this point!

Postby Watery Star » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:40 pm

Good! Sometimes it can be on the slow side, as this is a smaller community. Things pick up around holidays when there's events. We did get an influx of new users from another community so that has help keep our forums more active^^

What kind of dog would you like? I have a terrier x lab named Cooper.
My parent's have a cat my dad named "PC"

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:32 am

Postby Cilencio Cerbera » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:39 am

Eyyy welcome welcome :cheer: ! I see you love drawing :cheer: that's my hobby too!
Kemonomimis are challenging to draw ><;; I always admire people that can draw em well

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:32 pm

Postby juliewolffang64 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:04 pm

Cilencio Cerbera wrote:Eyyy welcome welcome :cheer: ! I see you love drawing :cheer: that's my hobby too!
Kemonomimis are challenging to draw ><;; I always admire people that can draw em well

Thank you! I admit that any sort of human character can be a bit of a challenge to draw. Shockingly started out with some Sonic Fancharacters, then anthros/furries, and eventually human characters. Honestly, I was only able to do that well because of practicing and doing a lot of online research for people figures... :grin:

Sorry to also be dropping this but for anyone else that would like to chat, feel free to do so here! I have been notified that while I can keep "bumping" this for another few days up to a month, I would rather give any possible newcomers to the site a chance to do their introductions here as well! :heart:

Postby Gingerale » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:56 pm

Welcome to Windlyn!
Come visit my newbie thread for a present!
I think generally you can chat in whichever thread you want, bumping gives no extra feathers but you can do it, its just discouraged to massively bump. But a hangout thread is easier for someone to find you.

You can get a free blue ursus bear egg from fishing, plus backgrounds from the fishing pond.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:32 am

Postby Akuyi » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:09 am

Welcome to Windlyn, esteemed traveler! :heart:

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:32 pm

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Postby Vaughn Creighton » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:46 pm

hey everyone! :heart: :heart:

Postby Ashton » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:29 am

Welcome to Windlyn!

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:32 am

Postby Vaughn Creighton » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:40 am

hi hello