New here? Introduce yourself!

Oh This brings back Memories!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Oh This brings back Memories!

Postby sanuki » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:43 am

Hello!

My name is Sanuki, I used to play avatar community websites like this one back in the day! I had a problem. SO much so that at the age of 14 I started learning coding, phpBB coding to be exact. Thats how I became a developer.

Love seeing new websites being created up to this date! 2021! I am always ready to help.

Sup guys.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 11:53 am

Re: Oh This brings back Memories!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:43 am

Hello Sanuki! Welcome to our world of Windlyn! :cheer: We have a friendly community so don't hesitate to post in the threads.

You can earn extra feathers by playing my game threads, the links are posted in my avatar's signature as well as my charity thread ( which needs to be updated but I think you should be able to follow it ok still).

Presently we are having our Valentine event until the 28th. You purchase an envelope at the Lazarus shop and gift it to someone. The envelope contains a random gift. Items in the Lazarus shop are only temporary so if you like them you have until the end of the event to purchase them.

Earn three game scores per game per day. The matching game is the easiest. Fish every 8hours and quest every 12. Yo can accept a quest and then cancel it if it asks for rare items.

So, with your coding interests did you end up working in the soft ware engineering field then? Do you have any pets?

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 8:53 am

Postby galled » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:44 am

Welcome to Windlyn!

Your story/experience with phpbb is identical to Diana's! I'm sure you both have very much in common!

I hope you guys can connect and share stories, and perhaps tips and tricks, etc.--kindred spirits stuff!

Please feel free to dive in and explore Windlyn--everyone is super-friendly! :)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby silverberry » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:45 am

Welcome!

Ah, nothing like wanting to make your posts and profile pretty to motivate self into learning new skills!

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 11:53 pm

https://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/event/eggHunt/partyCrasher2.png

They/them
Hangout Thread | CK Art Album

Images used belongs to Windlyn and their artists - slightly edited to prevent confusion for current event.

Postby Gingerale » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:30 pm

Welcome! Come to my newbie thread for a special gift to welcome you!

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 7:53 am

Postby Nek0Nerd0 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:36 am

Welcome to Windlyn, have a look around and may you enjoy earning feathers to buy the cute items in store :cool:

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 5:53 pm

Last active May 2021.

Postby sanuki » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:22 am

Thank you for your messages guys! Having a website like this is a big responsibility and this website has lots of potential.

Postby galled » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:38 am

Did you run your own phpbb forum at one time?

Server Administrator

Postby sanuki » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:40 am

Oh I had various. I had Daliah Online, Terrasus, worked with sapherna as a developer, crysandrea as an assistant dev, and others I cannot remmber their names.... Haha.

Oh lunaesaga as well.

Postby Gingerale » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:39 am

You had an impact in many areas! Did you make your own site too?

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 7:53 am

Postby galled » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:34 am

I believe we have a few sapherna folks here still, but it's AVI sites are a small community and people tend to frequent multiple sites. Are you active on any other sites now or are you just just coming back to them for nostalgia's sake perhaps?

Server Administrator

Postby sanuki » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:44 pm

galled wrote:I believe we have a few sapherna folks here still, but it's AVI sites are a small community and people tend to frequent multiple sites. Are you active on any other sites now or are you just just coming back to them for nostalgia's sake perhaps?

Only website I'm currently going is this one cause it reminds me so much of one that I use to love called PiiTown....

It wasnt that popular but the aesthic reminds me of this one. This brings me nostalgia haha

Postby galled » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:57 pm

Ooo I never heard of PiiTown. I like the name! Sorry to see sites go. I'm wondering with your experience, can you share any insights on what could have been done differently to have kept any of them going? Perhaps we can continue via DM if that'd be better.

In any case, we're glad you're here and happy to meet you! :)

Server Administrator

Postby sanuki » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:20 pm

galled wrote:Ooo I never heard of PiiTown. I like the name! Sorry to see sites go. I'm wondering with your experience, can you share any insights on what could have been done differently to have kept any of them going? Perhaps we can continue via DM if that'd be better.

In any case, we're glad you're here and happy to meet you! :)

Sounds good to me.

Postby Cilencio Cerbera » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:23 pm

Yow yow! Welcome!! Ya arrive at a good timing, we're having an on-going event right now XD

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 11:53 pm

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon