New here? Introduce yourself!

Hello there!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Hello there!

Postby galled » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:11 pm

Takel wrote:galled lettuce and green beans are easy. Plenty of sun and fertiliser will make you have more beans than you know what to do with! only thing you've got to worry about is ants crawling all over your plants. I'm not sure about brocoli, never ahd the chance to grow it.

I'm growing indoors to help control bugs. I am using artificial lights to supplement sunlight, but I'm thinking maybe my plants aren't getting enough lights. Some of my lettuce grew tall instead of bushy. Any ideas? My beans have grown pretty well, but they haven't produced beans. :/

Server Administrator

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:01 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Takel » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:51 pm

Is the sunlight too high up? The higher up the sunlight is, the less sun the plants. Usually the manufacturer will have a recommended height. For my carnivorous plants I once accidentally burnt them from being too near the sunlight! Lettuce likes to be talk when it's under stress too, especially if you transplant them when young.

Beans usually take 3-4 months before producing beans depending on the variety. Fertiliser and amount of sun affects this.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:01 am

Postby galled » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:20 pm

My lights are about 9-11 inches above my plants (full spectrum led). I have them on for 9 hours a day weekdays and 12 on weekends.

I think I may have transplanted them too early tho (3 inches).

Server Administrator

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:01 am

Postby Edelinlenalilacblue9 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:53 am

Hi Takel!
Welcome!

Hope you'll like it here!
I too share an experience with a job dealing with wood. Except bundling it, splitting it, and tossing it in baskets. It was something I recently left though, had to. Been layed off and it is just wrong how laborers are treated.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:01 am

Previous

Return to Welcome Wagon