New here? Introduce yourself!

Hi hi!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Hi hi!

Postby IQIYI » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:12 pm

Hello! I randomly stumbled upon this site while looking for Dreamselfy alternatives and love the art and clothes!! Luckily I think I have everything figured out but would love any tips! :heart:

My name is Ai and I love drawing and Vocaloid! I'm not really an anime fan even if I tried to be for a few years, but if needed I could probably keep a conversation about a few shows and manga haha :strain: I use he/him and she/her pronouns if the opportunity ever arises that you need to talk about me in third person, but I honestly don't care haha-

I'm excited to be apart of this community!! I'm already feeling super active on here so watch out for me in forums!! :L_Wing: :cheer: :R_Wing:

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 9:54 pm

Ai|Artist|Producer|he/him she/her
There you go, man! Keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles!

Re: Hi hi!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:51 pm

Welcome to Windlyn! We are a friendly community, just not on at the same time! But leave a message and someone should reply! Jump into the conservation !
What style of drawing do you prefer? Have you taken art classes at all? Or just creative teach yourself style learning?

Fish in the fishing pond every 8 hours, you can get backgrounds and a blue Ursus bear egg to hatch.
Quest with each Sister every 12 hours. I generally only do the ones that ask for shop or fishing pond items.
You can submit 3 scores per game daily for feathers, so that is an easy way to build feathers.

If you ever see anything in the Lazarus shop then buy those because they are only temporary and sometimes you may never see them again! (Well, sometimes they will show up in an event).
Come visit the links in my avatars signature. signatures appear on the first post of a page.
No points for double posting. Doesn't mean you can't, it's just not worth not getting any feathers by doing it. :wink:

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 10:54 pm

Postby (-o-) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:08 pm

Hello, welcome to Windlyn!

There are some St. Patrick's day items in the Lazarus right now; they will be leaving the shop at the end of the month. As Lemon said, you can get feathers by posting or playing games in the Game Room.

What medium do you draw with? Who's your favourite Vocaloid? What colour(s) do you like?

ImageImage
ty Mouse

Postby IQIYI » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:37 pm

Lemon Cheesecake
Thank you so much!! I already bought the cute suspenders and pots of gold from the Lazarus (it's so hard to not buy everything ack), I'm really excited to see what other items come in in the future!! Thank you so much for the tips too, I haven't gotten anything I can give to the sisters yet so let's hope for some pond goodies ^^
To answer your questions (thank you for taking the time to think of some!!), I used to purely draw anime style things but in recent years have been trying to switch over to more semi realism stuff, keeping both styles would be ideal though for different things ^^'
I've taken watercolor landscape classes before and that lasted for a year or so, but other than that I've just learned from online tutorials and videos!

Postby IQIYI » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:44 pm

(-o-)
Hello!! Thank you so much!! I bought some things in the Lazarus and speaking of I should change into them...
Thank you also for the questions!! I know it can be hard to think of some so I really appreciate it haha-
I try to draw with lots of different mediums but I always gravitate back to alcohol markers, they're just so easy SLDKJFJD I don't need to have water lying around or anything so they're super convenient and look really nice when you figure out how to use them.
Oh man LKFDJS My favorite Vocaloid has to be YanHe, I've had lots of favorites from Meiko to Merli to Maika (never realized I liked the M names so much, huh) but YanHe has stayed my number one favorite for several years, I just love her voice and design and she's become a big comfort character for me!
And my favorite colors are any kind of peach, from the orange tinted ones to the more pink kinds! It's hard to pick one color because I tend to have specific color combos as my favorites haha ^^;

Postby Gingerale » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:56 pm

So happy to see you posting! Don't be a stranger!

Check out my newbie thread for a welcome gift.

I always thought of markers for signs. I never thought of drawing with them since it seemed it would be too difficult to do as it is so permanent! How fun that you feel that confident!

What's your favorite food?

If you want items from the Diamond shop a couple of member's sell them for feathers and sometimes diamond currency is given out in events.

Postby galled » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:42 pm

Welcome!

The only tip I can add is most common questions are answered in the Guides found in the Help/Support forum viewforum.php?f=34
The quick links are on the Portal page portal.php
And of course you can always join in any thread and ask questions--everyone is super-friendly!

I had a listen to some of your soundcloud postings. Very cool! I have heard Vocaloid creations before of course, but I've never really thought about how they're made (never had the opportunity to ask someone involved with making them about it). Do you write and create the music or is this like karaoke where you used "canned" music?

Enjoy your time here!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby ShiroGEM » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:20 am

Ooo I'm late to the party but welcome to Windlyn! It's super nice seeing another vocaloid/vsinger fan here, I'm a huge fan of vocaloid and utaite music myself! Do you have a favourite composer?

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 1:54 pm

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby IQIYI » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:40 pm

Gingerale
Thank you so much!! I'm so sorry for the late reply! Wish I would've seen the freebie thread earlier since I think I'm over the 30 day mark, but that just means I can work for the stuff I want ^^ Thank you for the Diamond shop tips too!! That's really fun!

With markers it just takes a lot of practice!! It's just like anything else, you gotta learn the tools you use! It took me a few years to really get the hang of it and that's just with one brand,,, but even now I still have a lot of perfectionist in me and it's hard to use something fairly permanent ^^;

My favorite food would be uhhh, chicken and rice (or egg noodle) casserole and sweet and sour chicken!! I always have a place for those in my stomach SLDFDJLKF

Postby Gingerale » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:09 pm

Nah, you're still good! The date is just to encourage people to be active & participate.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:48 pm

Have you gotten any items from the spring cleaning event?

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:50 pm

Welcome to Windlyn!

A bit of a late welcome, but a welcome nonetheless.

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 12:54 am

Return to Welcome Wagon