New here? Introduce yourself!

Oldbie Returning after 3 years.

Moderator: Ryvvi

Oldbie Returning after 3 years.

Postby MystMist » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:38 am

I am back again, although 3 years ago i was back i really didn't post because my people phobia was acting up at the time so i just said hi and left. Before that i was here when the site was very new, 50 members or so but at that time i left because one of the forum mods at the time was unpleasant to interact with.
Hopefully i will stay around for a bit this time.

Hello everyone! Is there anyone left that remembers me?
In any case, i like cooking, baking, computer games and roleplaying. I like most creative endeavors and is usually busy failing at life.

People can call my Myst, Mist or Monorea. The last one is a nickname i use nowadays as my main one but since you can't change your name here (i think) it is best just to use whatever you want.

I am 30, time truly is a terrible thing :grin:

Lots of the old avatar sites seems to have died back in 2020 during my hiatus from avatar sites with no announcements and broken features. Does anyone have any idea of other avatar sites that are new/working properly? Gaia is just a bother with its deals and i hate being reminded of money. Voltra seems to be working but i had some problems there so i am hesitating about going back (i did also get rid of all my items and currency over there) and pet sites and other sites that have too many daily quests and activities just stresses me out.

Moving on
I also read a lot of manga, manhua, manhwa or whatever version it is. People are so specific about that since the general tendencies between different countries vary a lot. Personally i just am a heathen and doesn't care.

I also had a period on gaia where i wrote poems and shared recipes for cooking and baking.

Nice to be back, i hope to enjoy my time with all of you :embarassed:

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 9:31 pm

Re: Oldbie Returning after 3 years.

Postby (-o-) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:38 pm

Hello! I recognize your name! Good to see you back! :cheer:

What kind of games do you play? Do you have a specialties when it comes to cooking or baking? If you got any good recipes to share you can post them here. :grin:

I too read lots of webtoons; mostly those villainess/side character ones atm. :tongue: What are you reading?

The only other avatar sites I've been on are Tinierme, Gaia, and Neopets if that counts lol. Windlyn doesn't have as many different activities as those sites, but it's also far less cash grabby. Sorry to hear you had some unpleasant experiences here before, but going foreword I hope your times here are good ones! :heart:

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 11:31 am

ImageImage
ty Mouse

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:03 pm

Welcome back Myst!

We are more mellow on Windlyn and I like to feel supportive of one another.

If you are creative you can't fail! Creativity allows us to see the positive things in life or to draw out the best. Cooking is a good example! even food "failures" can turn out to be nice surprises.

If you decide to get creative with your food then show us some pics. <no pressure, just like food shots!> :wink:

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 12:31 pm

Postby galled » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:21 pm

Welcome back! I hope you stay, but if you decide not to, you probably have some really rare items in your inventory. If you ever want to clear stuff out, you should have no problems. ;)

I hope you feel at home again quickly!

Server Administrator

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 12:31 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby ShiroGEM » Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:10 pm

Welcome back to Windlyn! I'm sorry you didn't have a pleasant experience in the past, but I hope you feel more compelled to stay this time around!

The only site I lurk on is Gaia, and sometimes Dappervolk but Windlyn has been my main hub since I like the events and the pace a lot more. I don't feel compelled to keep pets on here so and since there's no real daily quests either, I love taking my sweet time reading through forum posts~ I hope you can find a similar charm that fits you fancy either here or elsewhere!

I love seeing what other people make if you ever choose to make a thread featuring your creative endeavors!

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 3:31 am

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby Gingerale » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:01 pm

Hello Monorea!

Wow! You have blue wings! You are one of the first 100! How does it feel to be part of something when it first started & be able to come back without being forgotten?

Do you create your own recipes? I have a habit of trying to tweak a recipe. Not everyone is happy with the results though.

Postby MissAutumn » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:31 am

Hi, I came here after you. I pop in now and again to say hi. If you love dress up side of these websites there are some popular apps you can download

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 7:31 pm

Postby Edelinlenalilacblue9 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:11 pm

Hi! Greetings from another 30 yrs old! I also was on Gaia. But left it back in 2014. I also am failing at life so please know it is part of the process we will have our time for fun soon enough. Money is my enemy and temptation to immediately spend so still working on that. Hopefully time will be kind someday and I learn to save/spend better. Gaia was a painful reminder of hard times, for sure. It was becoming greedy everyday and a lot were predicting it's crash. I'm glad this cute site is around. I hope we can be friends. You and I can relate I would think . Please call me ELLB. I'll send you a request. And gotta say your Avi is so cool.

Return to Welcome Wagon