New here? Introduce yourself!

I am new here

Moderator: Ryvvi

I am new here

Postby Dylan » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:36 am

I think this site might be dead though, but hello.

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 12:41 pm

Re: I am new here

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:45 am

Hello! Welcome to Windlyn!

True, we are not super active but we are friendly & someone will come along and reply.

Come visit my game thread & charity for a chance at extra feather currency or a past item.
Links are in my avatar signature & appear on my first post on a page.

Fish in the fishing pond every 8 hrs for items not found in the shops. You can get back grounds & the Blue Ursus bear all for free.

Shop in the Lazarus shop during holidays or special events for limited edition items. Buy them first as you never know if they will return.

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 10:41 am

Postby (-o-) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:25 am

Howdy! Welcome to Windlyn! :cheer:

We have some members who're active year round, and many who come back/play in bursts. The busiest times are usually during events. You can check out the latest topics by going to unread posts under the forums tab. As Lemon said, Windlyn is a friendly community so don't be shy to post and ask questions. :heart:

Anyways, enough about that, and more about you! What kind of things do you like? Do you have any hobbies? What's your favourite colour?

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 9:41 am

ImageImage
ty Mouse

Postby galled » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:58 pm

Welcome, Dylan!

Nice to meet you. I suppose "dead" could mean a lot of different things, but as for finite meaning, no, the community is alive and well! Most of us regulars like the slower pace. It's not for everyone, but in any case, I hope you enjoy your time here!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Gingerale » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:26 pm

Don't worry, we're not the walking dead!
We just seem to have busy lives & come here for reunions ( especially during events).
Plus there is international time differences and the time change thing-!

Daily game scores count for earning feathers, 3 games per game count each day.

Posting gives you feather currency, some threads more then others. Just don't double post or you only get feathers for the first post.

Are you on other sites? We have members on a variety of other sites.

Do you like pets? We have a pet shop, you buy the egg, incubate it & then help the pet to grow.

Come visit my newbie thread for a welcome gift!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:40 pm

Oh! I forgot to mention that if you let me know when you hatch your first pet I will gift you an immortality potion for your pet.

If you can't afford to feed your pet once it hatches...and you don't have many feathers ... you can take it to the kibble kitchen or if you are going to be away take them to the spa. At the spa they won't level up but they also won't die during the duration of time you put them in for.

Postby silverberry » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:47 pm

Welcome!

It's a slow-paced site for sure, which is not for everyone, though some do prefer it over bigger, faster communities. This means that, unlike other social sites and games, fear of missing out isn't a main driving factor behind interactions here.

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 1:41 am

https://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/event/eggHunt/partyCrasher2.png

They/them
Hangout Thread | CK Art Album

Images used belongs to Windlyn and their artists - slightly edited to prevent confusion for current event.

Postby Dylan » Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:54 am

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Hello! Welcome to Windlyn!

True, we are not super active but we are friendly & someone will come along and reply.

Come visit my game thread & charity for a chance at extra feather currency or a past item.
Links are in my avatar signature & appear on my first post on a page.

Fish in the fishing pond every 8 hrs for items not found in the shops. You can get back grounds & the Blue Ursus bear all for free.

Shop in the Lazarus shop during holidays or special events for limited edition items. Buy them first as you never know if they will return.

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I want to try to be more active on here because I did register on here back in August 2022, but thank you for your kindness and generosity!

Postby Dylan » Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:58 am

(-o-) wrote:Howdy! Welcome to Windlyn! :cheer:

We have some members who're active year round, and many who come back/play in bursts. The busiest times are usually during events. You can check out the latest topics by going to unread posts under the forums tab. As Lemon said, Windlyn is a friendly community so don't be shy to post and ask questions. :heart:

Anyways, enough about that, and more about you! What kind of things do you like? Do you have any hobbies? What's your favourite colour?

Thank you for your reply!

I do plan on coming back hopefully every so often or daily because I do have a lot of freetime, this does seem like a fun site to talk to people on.

The things I like to do are: playing video games, watching movies, watching YouTube videos, going outside and hiking sometimes, I really love technology and I'm also obsessed with my computer! My favorite color is blue, since my eye color is actually blue itself.

Postby Dylan » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:01 am

galled wrote:Welcome, Dylan!

Nice to meet you. I suppose "dead" could mean a lot of different things, but as for finite meaning, no, the community is alive and well! Most of us regulars like the slower pace. It's not for everyone, but in any case, I hope you enjoy your time here!

Thank you for the reply!

I understand what you mean! :D

Postby Dylan » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:06 am

Gingerale wrote:Don't worry, we're not the walking dead!
We just seem to have busy lives & come here for reunions ( especially during events).
Plus there is international time differences and the time change thing-!

Daily game scores count for earning feathers, 3 games per game count each day.

Posting gives you feather currency, some threads more then others. Just don't double post or you only get feathers for the first post.

Are you on other sites? We have members on a variety of other sites.

Do you like pets? We have a pet shop, you buy the egg, incubate it & then help the pet to grow.

Come visit my newbie thread for a welcome gift!

Thank you for the reply and the helpful advice!

I am on some other sites: Dappervolk, Ichumon, IMVU, Kingdom of Knuffel, MaraPets, Tattered World, and Neopets. I don't go on those sites much but same goes with this site.

I'm not the biggest fan of having virtual pets, I'm more into the clothing aspect of my avatar!

Postby Dylan » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:07 am

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Oh! I forgot to mention that if you let me know when you hatch your first pet I will gift you an immortality potion for your pet.

If you can't afford to feed your pet once it hatches...and you don't have many feathers ... you can take it to the kibble kitchen or if you are going to be away take them to the spa. At the spa they won't level up but they also won't die during the duration of time you put them in for.

Thank you again for the reply!

I'll hatch just one pet though as I'm more into changing the clothing on my avatar, but thank you for the kindness again!

Postby Dylan » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:08 am

silverberry wrote:Welcome!

It's a slow-paced site for sure, which is not for everyone, though some do prefer it over bigger, faster communities. This means that, unlike other social sites and games, fear of missing out isn't a main driving factor behind interactions here.

Thank you for the reply!

I understand! :D

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:11 am

I'm on pretty well everyday but for some it is like a vacation spot.

There are so many items not in the shops anymore but that come up periodically in events or in the Lazarus shop during holidays.

MissAutumn made a thread where to find item guide, you can search for it under the forums tab <I'll look for it if you can't find it>

If you start an item wish or questing thread then when you roll a high # or win on my game threads then I look at your list to gift you a prize instead of feathers. But there are member run shops to purchase past items.

Postby (-o-) » Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:27 am

Dylan wrote:Thank you for your reply!

I do plan on coming back hopefully every so often or daily because I do have a lot of freetime, this does seem like a fun site to talk to people on.

The things I like to do are: playing video games, watching movies, watching YouTube videos, going outside and hiking sometimes, I really love technology and I'm also obsessed with my computer! My favorite color is blue, since my eye color is actually blue itself.

What movie genres do you like? Have you watched any recently? Any favourites or recommendations? The latest movie I've seen is Marlowe and I tend to like comedy and whodunits.

Here is the link to the Windlyn Event Items Directory put together by MissAutumn.

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon