New here? Introduce yourself!

Hello! :3

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Hello! :3

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:28 am

You should check with your employer the rules on your vacation pay.
I can roll unused vacation pay to the next years up to a maximum of 400 accumulated hours I think, then I'd have to cash some in. I cash some in anyway on a paycheck if I didn't work enough hours, that way I know I can pay my bills.

I suppose a person can get an exception to take off in December if they have someone to cover for them but it is frowned on & normally December we don't have enough seasonal workers to cover offices as it is. UPS & FedEx drivers can't take December vacation either.

Local time: Wed May 01, 2024 8:57 am

Postby Vaughn Creighton » Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:23 am

Hi arc :cheeky:

Local time: Wed May 01, 2024 7:57 am

Postby Arc » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:06 am

Hello hello :3

Local time: Wed May 01, 2024 10:57 am

Postby Gingerale » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:09 pm

Hey Arc, hope you are feeling better every day!

Do you have friends or coworkers that can help you out?

Local time: Wed May 01, 2024 7:57 am

Postby Arc » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:49 am

I'm feeling better than yesterday, but my back is still in pain (if that's what you mean. ^^;)

Thankfully I don't need help, but a few friends and coworkers have offered assistance if I need it. :3

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:54 am

It's good to know you have people offering to help...unfortunately they can't take the pain away.

Would a massage help? I forgot if you are doing physical therapy yet or if you just saw the chiropractor.

Postby galled » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:12 am

Sorry you're still suffering. Another thing that helped the worst time when I really threw my back out was a lifting belt.

This is the one I got, but they're available almost everywhere (hardware stores, department stores, even some super markets).
https://www.harborfreight.com/lumbar-su ... fting+belt

What is does is give you support and reminds you to not twist or bend where it would hurt by limiting your movement. The only downside is you can overdo it by relying on it for too long (where it will weaken the muscles that need to regain motion--takes weeks). Everyone I've recommended them to find instant relief once they put it on. Totally worth it.

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Arc » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:23 am

I think a massage would help, actually! I've been thinking about looking for somewhere to schedule a massage, or maybe asking one of my friends. My muscles are tight and a massage would be a nice relief.

I've also thought about getting one of those belts. I'll have to check it out, thank you. :3

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:54 pm

Where I am my insurance covers massage at my chiropractor or physical therapist if it is part of my treatment. You should check to see if your health insurance will cover it ( if you haven't already checked).

Postby Arc » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:24 am

That's good advice, I haven't thought of that. Thank you! ^^

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:38 pm

Unfortunately, if muscle is involved healing can take weeks ... be gentle on yourself!

Previous

Return to Welcome Wagon