Postby Cricket » Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:53 pm

Cricket Here

:scream:

Just a bug trying to find a home

Local time: Wed May 01, 2024 3:03 pm

Re: Howdy Ho

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:19 pm

Hello Cricket! Welcome to Windlyn!

If you need help with the site let me know. There is a newbie guide on the forum page too. We are a friendly community so hope you feel at home.
Come visit the game threads & charity links in my signature.

fish every 8 hours for items not available in the shops, lots of backgrounds!

Local time: Wed May 01, 2024 4:03 pm

Postby Cricket » Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:47 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Hello Cricket! Welcome to Windlyn!

If you need help with the site let me know. There is a newbie guide on the forum page too. We are a friendly community so hope you feel at home.
Come visit the game threads & charity links in my signature.

fish every 8 hours for items not available in the shops, lots of backgrounds!

Wow thanks for the tips, sure will cheesecake

Postby galled » Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:43 pm

Welcome! (Love your avi!)

Do you have any hobbies? I see you're from HI. The fire in Maui was/is tragic. I'm in California and we had the big fires (the local power company equipment failures started them) and the cessation of land management amplified the destruction, but we had no where as many missing. Which island are you on?

I hope you enjoy your time here!

Feel free to jump into any thread--everyone is super-friendly. :)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Arc » Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:45 pm

Cricket wrote:

Cricket Here

Welcome to Windlyn! Your avatar is really cute so far! :3

Local time: Wed May 01, 2024 6:03 pm

Postby Cricket » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:04 pm

galled wrote:Welcome! (Love your avi!)

Do you have any hobbies? I see you're from HI. The fire in Maui was/is tragic. I'm in California and we had the big fires (the local power company equipment failures started them) and the cessation of land management amplified the destruction, but we had no where as many missing. Which island are you on?

galled wrote:Welcome! (Love your avi!)

I study the earth and the plants and roll around in grass. I befriend furry creatures big and small. Even ones in oceans, lakes, and ponds. But I prefer to befriend the bugs at a respectable distance

I hail from Oahu and sometimes when work permits Hilo and Kauai. I don't personally know anyone ailing from the disaster site, but the Islands have all joined hands, helping our brothers and sisters pick up the pieces. The major thing now is transporting resources and continuing the search for family and pets. But it's a very sad time for everyone indeed. The schools on the island have done a lot to raise morale alone, especially the keiki's who've taken up volunteering. I think at the end of this, the spirit of Aloha will shine brighter than it's ever before.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:08 pm

The spirit of Ohana ... people looking out for one another.

Postby Cricket » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:09 pm

Arc wrote:
Cricket wrote:

Cricket Here

Thanking ya kindly. But I'll insist that yours is much cuter :scream:

Postby Cricket » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:13 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:The spirit of Ohana ... people looking out for one another.

We typically say the spirit of Aloha, but Ohana works just fine, though I haven't heard that one too often. We sure do work as a family and we'll get through it together too *Thumbs up

Postby Gingerale » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:53 pm

hey ho welcome!

Buy Lazarus shop items while they are there since you never know when they will disappear.

You can't get currency if you double post but you can post pretty well anywhere & someone will respond.
Te games give you currency each day for each game up to 3 scores each game counts.

On the STITCH cartoon they say Ohana is family & family means no one gets left behind.

The Lahaina fires were tragic, reminds me of how important it is to report any power poles or transformers that look like they are failing.
The fires in Greece also are tragic, and those were set by people intentionally!

Postby Cricket » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:41 pm

Gingerale wrote:hey ho welcome!

Buy Lazarus shop items while they are there since you never know when they will disappear.

You can't get currency if you double post but you can post pretty well anywhere & someone will respond.
Te games give you currency each day for each game up to 3 scores each game counts.

On the STITCH cartoon they say Ohana is family & family means no one gets left behind.

The Lahaina fires were tragic, reminds me of how important it is to report any power poles or transformers that look like they are failing.
The fires in Greece also are tragic, and those were set by people intentionally!

Good tip about Lazarus +1 I'll have to save up :scream:

And yes. I know many people are rightfully angry and frustrated. All we can do now is take preventative measures and keep an eye open for any suspicious happenings in the future

Postby galled » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:59 pm

Your hobbies sound wonderful! Aside from the birds, over here we mostly have pest (rodents)... :(

Very happy to hear you were not affected.

Of course I'm just an observer, but it looks like a lot of mistakes were made and lessons from other tragic fires like ours were ignored. There will be lot's of time to look at these things, but I hope repeats will be avoided in the future. So heart breaking...

Argghh arsonists! I sympathize with mental illness, but pyromania is too dangerous to be lenient with. It makes me upset about such things.

Server Administrator

Postby Arc » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:18 am

Cricket wrote:
Arc wrote:
Cricket wrote:

Cricket Here

Thanking ya kindly. But I'll insist that yours is much cuter :scream:

Thank ya, thank ya. :3

As for your post about saving up, Lemon Cheesecake has this tread that could help you earn a little extra feathers along the way. :3

Local time: Wed May 01, 2024 6:03 pm

Postby Gingerale » Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:11 pm

Come visit my newbie thread for your welcome gift!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:44 pm

Just checking to see if you came back yet.

Return to Welcome Wagon