New here? Introduce yourself!

Beep Beep

Moderator: Ryvvi

Beep Beep

Postby TheFellowsheep » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:20 am

Hiya folks! How's it cracking? I'm Lilly. I'm into pets, sometimes doodle, and play lots of videos games. Some book reading, too! Any cool hotspots, or favorite old threads I should take a look through?

Local time: Wed May 01, 2024 5:43 am

Re: Beep Beep

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:26 am

Welcome to Windlyn!

You can join in any of my threads... play my dice game threads or complete tasks in my charity thread for a chance to win extra feathers or past items, the links are in my avatar's signature on the first post of a page.

Fishing in the fishing pond every 8 hours for items not available in the shops, including back grounds.

Buy the lazarus shop items now as they are only here until 2/24/

Do you have any pets?

Local time: Wed May 01, 2024 6:43 am

Postby TheFellowsheep » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:58 am

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Welcome to Windlyn!

You can join in any of my threads... play my dice game threads or complete tasks in my charity thread for a chance to win extra feathers or past items, the links are in my avatar's signature on the first post of a page.

Fishing in the fishing pond every 8 hours for items not available in the shops, including back grounds.

Buy the lazarus shop items now as they are only here until 2/24/

Do you have any pets?

Nice to meet cha! Thanks for the warm welcome and quick info. That's such a cool feature for the fishing pond.

I do have a cat in real life! Her name is Strawberry and she's a calico. The chattiest cat I have ever met. How about you? Got any fluffers or scalies or featherwoos?

Postby Gingerale » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:40 pm

Calico's are beautiful!
The "chattiest cat", does that mean they meow a lot??

Looks like you are finding your way around the site, but if you need help just ask! Come visit my newbie thread for a welcome gift.

Don't forget to play the games everyday, you get feather currency for playing each day, 3 scores per game count.

Postby TheFellowsheep » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:55 pm

Gingerale wrote:Calico's are beautiful!
The "chattiest cat", does that mean they meow a lot??

Looks like you are finding your way around the site, but if you need help just ask! Come visit my newbie thread for a welcome gift.

Don't forget to play the games everyday, you get feather currency for playing each day, 3 scores per game count.

Thank you so much! I certainly am. I enjoy the familiarity of avatar boards, and also the different games they come up with.

And yes, Berry meows a lot. She loves to verbalize. You're up and standing somewhere? "Meow! Hey! Why isn't my lap sitting down? Whatcha doing? Can I join? Mreow!" Or her grueling, long, injured sounding yell that actually means she's found a toy and wants to play right meow.

I will certainly stop in sometime to say hi! I appreciate the invitation. :grin:

P.S. I love how, so far, I've mostly seen folks with food and beverage names.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:35 pm

There are more with Anime related or character related names... but I wonder what that means when we choose food names?? :wink:

I have no pets right now...had a family cat, lynx point Siamese, I super loved, best cat ever, but she got old & passed away & have had assortment of fish, hamsters, birds ... but losing them is difficult. Now I get to watch a variety of birds out the window & once in awhile put up a hummingbird feeder ... but the flowers have been in full bloom all year this year so they don't need the fake stuff when they can get the real stuff. Plus I can enjoy other people's furry friends whenever I want.

I'm not a snake fan, will look at them through glass as they intrigue me but that is as close as I want to get.

Calico's are beautiful and unique! How old is she?

Postby galled » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:43 pm

Welcome to Windlyn! A pleasure to meet you! (Your username made me chuckle.) :)

What kind of doodling do you do? Conventional, digital?

We're pretty low-key between events so conversations and messages ebb and flow, so feel free to drop into any thread. Everyone is super-friendly!

Your cat is interesting! Kind of reminds me of Groot in "Guardians of the Galaxy" where everything sounds like "I am Groot." I've never owned a cat (deathly allergic to them), so I know every little about their vocalization and behavior details.

Enjoy your time here!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby TheFellowsheep » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:22 pm

@Lemon Cheesecake; My first username online was Cupcake themed! I'd like to think it's a food that made the user smile when thinking of it :cheeky: Another after that was Frappe related... Altho I didn't care for them much at the time haha.

Aww, thanks for sharing a bit about your past pets! It really is hard dealing with the passing, but I'm so happy you've got some wonderful memories. Siamese cats are awesome! My grandma had one, and she was such a sweet cuddle bug. Have you been able to recognize any birds that keep coming back?

Berry is about... Oh, yeah, 7 years old now. Lotsa play time left for us! :)

@galled; Thank you so much! Likewise, and I'm always happy when folks get a chuckle. I love puns!

Conventional, altho I used to be big on digital. Haven't had a PC in ages, so I sometimes digitally color my work on my phone. It is a bit quiet, but it's so nice to see a consistent group of folks on here! I am curious if/when avatar forums will get a 2nd wind.

Thanks! I never thought of it like that, but yes, she is very much like that haha. It's interesting since most cats aren't vocal, especially with other cats. Iirc, it's humans, and to a lesser extent dogs, that cause a cat to meow. Since they realize that's how dogs and people communicate, so they have to mimic. I absolutely will! I'm hoping this can be my new habit haha.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:41 pm

I don't know if avatar sites will make a come back but as quiet as Windlyn is we have our loyal community & it is always good to have people come back & let us know they are still around.

Cats are very smart. My neighbor has an outside feral cat but it will pause & meow to me when I am out in the yard which is fun. Sometimes I just remain still & watch him prowling around. Thankfully there are no females around, males make a horrible crying sound when they are trying to impress the female. I had a neighbor who, the first time I heard their cat, I thought was a baby crying.

I like to think I have returning birds but I can't say for sure if they are the same bird. I love if I am in the garden & the hummingbirds hover over my flowers & then perch themselves on a tree branch for a bit.

Postby Arc » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:04 pm

Hello, welcome! ^^

Your avatar looks really nice! I love all the colors together. :3

Local time: Wed May 01, 2024 8:43 am

Postby TheFellowsheep » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:19 pm

@ Lemon Cheesecake;
That's fair! I'm on the edge of it, too, and I think the main barrier for a resurgence is the change of primary devices. There'd need to be heavily customizable forum apps, which also might be difficult with one of the best part of forums - fancy signatures, post headers and footers, etc.

Cats in heat totally have some of the worst sounds, haha. And that sounds totally magical about the hummingbirds chilling nearby after checking out the flowers! I'm hoping my seeds will go to flower this year so I can see some cute bees.

@Arc; Thank you so much! I figured I'd embrace my newbie color scheme muwahahaha. Yours is so cotton candy-like and lovely too! And oh man, your signature, I haven't seen anything from that show in yrs. Think the last time I saw anything Magi Girl Madoka themed was my Yu-Gi-Oh deck in high school. Funnily enough I don't recall finishing the show.

Postby Gingerale » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:29 pm

I have quite a few different types of bees where I live.

Do you like to eat honey?

Postby yhc1098 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:43 am

can I add you?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:46 pm

I assisted you TheFellowsheep ... hopefully it helped!

Postby Vaughn Creighton » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:30 pm

hi thereb

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon