New here? Introduce yourself!

Hi Windlyn! Nice to be here.

Moderator: Ryvvi

Hi Windlyn! Nice to be here.

Postby AidanFoa » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:59 am

Hello everyone here on Windlyn.

I'm very new here but have been skulking about on many avatar communities over the years. Already in love with the avatars here. Looking forward to meeting the people too!

I hope all of you have a wonderful day! :cheer:

Local time: Wed May 01, 2024 5:43 pm

Re: Hi Windlyn! Nice to be here.

Postby galled » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:41 am

Hello! Welcome to Windlyn! So pleased to meet you. :)

Do you have any hobbies or interests? I am a big movie fan a computer/tech nerd.

Enjoy your time here!

Server Administrator

Local time: Wed May 01, 2024 9:43 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:13 pm

Welcome to Windlyn!

Come visit my game & charity threads for chances at feathers & past items. The links are in my avatar's signature which appears on the first post of a page

Fishing is every 8 hours for a chance at items not in the shops so make that a daily run.
Play games to get feathers each day ( e per game daily).

Get lazarus shop items first as they are only temporary.

Any questions just ask, our Windlyn community is friendly & supportive. Glad to have you join us!

Postby AidanFoa » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:53 pm

galled wrote:Hello! Welcome to Windlyn! So pleased to meet you. :)

Do you have any hobbies or interests? I am a big movie fan a computer/tech nerd.

Enjoy your time here!

Hello and thank you so much, galled! I am pleased to meet you as well. ^^

I do. One could say I have too many. But currently I am very much into DnD and all kinds of games. Tabletop, console or PC, I don't mind any of them! I also have gotten into embroidery a bit. Also, big fantasy fan here. :grin:

Thank you again! I hope you have a wonderful day. :cheer:

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Welcome to Windlyn!

Come visit my game & charity threads for chances at feathers & past items. The links are in my avatar's signature which appears on the first post of a page

Fishing is every 8 hours for a chance at items not in the shops so make that a daily run.
Play games to get feathers each day ( e per game daily).

Get lazarus shop items first as they are only temporary.

Any questions just ask, our Windlyn community is friendly & supportive. Glad to have you join us!

Thank you!

Thank you. I'll be sure to check those out, it sounds like fun. :cheer:

Alright, I'll be sure to do that whenever I remember.

Lazarus shop items first, got it!

I'll keep that in mind.

Thank you so much for all these helpful tips! I hope you have a lovely day. :cheer:

Postby Gingerale » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:28 pm

We always love to add new people to our Windlyn family!
Not always busy on here but we have a few faithful & someone is bound to respond eventually to a post.

Play the game threads as well for a quick turn over for feathers and visit my newbie welcome thread for a gift.

Embroidery is so beautiful but I tend to prick my fingers even with using a thimble. I have some large embroidery items that others did. So many hours of work.

Do you embroider for gifts?

Local time: Wed May 01, 2024 8:43 am

Postby Arc » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:53 am

Welcome to Windlyn! ^^

Local time: Wed May 01, 2024 11:43 am

Postby AidanFoa » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:38 am

Gingerale wrote:We always love to add new people to our Windlyn family!
Not always busy on here but we have a few faithful & someone is bound to respond eventually to a post.

Play the game threads as well for a quick turn over for feathers and visit my newbie welcome thread for a gift.

Embroidery is so beautiful but I tend to prick my fingers even with using a thimble. I have some large embroidery items that others did. So many hours of work.

Do you embroider for gifts?

Oh that's alright. I am sure I'll enjoy this community all the same. :cheer:

Yes, will do.

Yeah, my thumb and index finger have both gotten their fair share of pricks at this point. x) It is a lot of hours of work but I find it goes pretty fast if I just have something fun on in the background while I'm working. My choice of content right now is DnD live plays or podcasts because I enjoy them and they are ususally several hours long. And the result of the work in the end makes it all worth it I feel like.

No, I honestly haven't even thought about offering it for gifts yet because I feel like I'm still fairly new to the whole thing. But maybe I should do that.

Arc wrote:Welcome to Windlyn! ^^

Thank you so much! :cheer:

Postby Gingerale » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:35 am

Don't forget to stop by my freebie thread for your welcome to Windlyn gift.

Postby silverberry » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:49 am

Welcome to Windlyn and nice to meet you!

I agree - the avatar items are beautiful!

What' game/s are you currently playing? :O

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 12:43 am

https://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/event/eggHunt/partyCrasher2.png

They/them
Hangout Thread | CK Art Album

Images used belongs to Windlyn and their artists - slightly edited to prevent confusion for current event.

Postby TheFellowsheep » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:59 pm

Welcome!! I also enjoy DND and games. I get to rarely play these days due to schedule conflicts sadly. Embroidery is so cool! I sew a little. Got this massive skirt and now I gotta figure.out how to turn it into loose pants... Preferably add pockets too. But I need to finish the apron - working on the straps right now. Ohh, I have a bit of time.

What's some of your favorite groups you listen to play?

Postby AidanFoa » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:47 am

silverberry wrote:Welcome to Windlyn and nice to meet you!

I agree - the avatar items are beautiful!

What' game/s are you currently playing? :O

HI! Thank you so much. It's nice to meet you too! :cheer:

Oh right now I am playing mostly Baldur's Gate 3, but I also play a lot of Skyrim or Oblivion. They're like my anti-anxiety games. I've also played a little bit of GTFO with some friends. Fun but a little terrifying. :grin:

What about you? What game/s are you currently playing? :smile:

TheFellowsheep wrote:

Welcome!! I also enjoy DND and games. I get to rarely play these days due to schedule conflicts sadly. Embroidery is so cool! I sew a little. Got this massive skirt and now I gotta figure.out how to turn it into loose pants... Preferably add pockets too. But I need to finish the apron - working on the straps right now. Ohh, I have a bit of time.

What's some of your favorite groups you listen to play?

Thank you! Yeah, scheduling really is the bane of DnD and other games with people. I agree! I still have a ways to go though before I can claim to be really good at it, but it is still fun.
Ooh! Sewing is also fun! And I'm sure you'll figure out the turning the skirt into pants bit. Ah, yes, pockets are a must have! I love that there are so many talented sewing people now sharing how to add pockets on youtube, because I sure needed it. I am done with tiny pockets that can barely fit a lip balm.
Oh nice. I hope you manged to finish your apron as well. :cheer:

Right now some of my favourites are Critical Role (I know, shocker!), Careful Cantrip, Viva La Dirt League's The Misfits campaign for shorter episodes, they're like 30 min or so, and I also just started listening to Rotgrind from a youtube channel called Narrative Declaration.

What are some of your favourite groups to listen to play?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:02 am

Happy Easter! You can still visit my holiday thread for choosing a past item for an Easter gift.

Hope you are enjoying your day!

Do you live near where the total eclipse will be? We have a few members that are within the zone, should be exciting for them if it is not cloudy.

Postby AidanFoa » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:11 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Happy Easter! You can still visit my holiday thread for choosing a past item for an Easter gift.

Hope you are enjoying your day!

Do you live near where the total eclipse will be? We have a few members that are within the zone, should be exciting for them if it is not cloudy.

Thank you! Happy Easter to you too! Oh! Maybe I'll stop by there then. Thank you. :cheer:

Yeah I am. I'm just taking it easy after an Easter weekend full of people and running around. Hope you are enjoying yours as well.

I had to google it to see if I do xD Looks like I am not within the zone. Last eclipse we had here was... 2021, if I remember correctly. :smile:

Postby Gingerale » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:24 pm

Easter is a great time to think about everything we have been blessed with & to remember out of adversity & grief there is hope.

It's always good to see people but sometimes it is nice afterwards to just take time to relax. Hope you get recharged!

Postby TheFellowsheep » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:31 am

AidanFoa wrote:Thank you! Yeah, scheduling really is the bane of DnD and other games with people. I agree! I still have a ways to go though before I can claim to be really good at it, but it is still fun.
Ooh! Sewing is also fun! And I'm sure you'll figure out the turning the skirt into pants bit. Ah, yes, pockets are a must have! I love that there are so many talented sewing people now sharing how to add pockets on youtube, because I sure needed it. I am done with tiny pockets that can barely fit a lip balm.
Oh nice. I hope you manged to finish your apron as well. :cheer:

Right now some of my favourites are Critical Role (I know, shocker!), Careful Cantrip, Viva La Dirt League's The Misfits campaign for shorter episodes, they're like 30 min or so, and I also just started listening to Rotgrind from a youtube channel called Narrative Declaration.

What are some of your favourite groups to listen to play?

Ohhh, Oblivion is also one of my comfort games, although lately I've been on a Fall Out New Vegas kick again. How is Baldur's Gate 3? Easy to get into without playing prior Bgs, right? Yeah, I've learned a bit via YouTube. And right?!? The first time I made a skirt I made sure it could fit my phone easily, haha. Thanks! The straps a little poorly sewn, but I just gotta work on the neck straps then it's technically wearable! Gonna add a cute cat covered fabric pocket.

Ohhh, I haven't heard of Careful Cantrip or Rotgrind before! And CR are classics for a reason, haha. I haven't listened in a while, but I had a lot of fun with Drunken Dragons, Roll for Romance, The Unexpectables, and I've seen clips of Dimension 20. Love College Humor, haha. Kinda adjacent to that is Hello from the Magic Tavern, an improv high fantasy comedy show. Right now I'm wrapping up my first listen to the current final book of GOT. And oh my gods... I can't believe what I'm hearing, haha. I get why fans were a bit rabid haha.

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon