New here? Introduce yourself!

Hi Windlyn! Nice to be here.

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Hi Windlyn! Nice to be here.

Postby silverberry » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:35 am

AidanFoa wrote:
HI! Thank you so much. It's nice to meet you too! :cheer:

Oh right now I am playing mostly Baldur's Gate 3, but I also play a lot of Skyrim or Oblivion. They're like my anti-anxiety games. I've also played a little bit of GTFO with some friends. Fun but a little terrifying. :grin:

What about you? What game/s are you currently playing? :smile:

OMG I love Oblivion! Oblivion's pretty old but it's just so charming. It's one of my comfort games - love riding through Cyrodiil on horseback. Very calming. Same with just riding around the map in Witcher 3.
At the moment, I've mostly been playing Book of Hours, since it received an update. And I recently started a new playthrough on Pentiment!

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 3:58 am

https://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/event/eggHunt/partyCrasher2.png

They/them
Hangout Thread | CK Art Album

Images used belongs to Windlyn and their artists - slightly edited to prevent confusion for current event.

Postby AidanFoa » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:22 pm

Gingerale wrote:Easter is a great time to think about everything we have been blessed with & to remember out of adversity & grief there is hope.

It's always good to see people but sometimes it is nice afterwards to just take time to relax. Hope you get recharged!

It is! And here, like in many other places, it is also very much helping people look forward to literally brighter days :)

Yes! I have fun in the moment but I regret it so much afterwards for like two days before I feel like I'm alive again lol.

TheFellowsheep wrote:

Ohhh, Oblivion is also one of my comfort games, although lately I've been on a Fall Out New Vegas kick again. How is Baldur's Gate 3? Easy to get into without playing prior Bgs, right? Yeah, I've learned a bit via YouTube. And right?!? The first time I made a skirt I made sure it could fit my phone easily, haha. Thanks! The straps a little poorly sewn, but I just gotta work on the neck straps then it's technically wearable! Gonna add a cute cat covered fabric pocket.

Ohhh, I haven't heard of Careful Cantrip or Rotgrind before! And CR are classics for a reason, haha. I haven't listened in a while, but I had a lot of fun with Drunken Dragons, Roll for Romance, The Unexpectables, and I've seen clips of Dimension 20. Love College Humor, haha. Kinda adjacent to that is Hello from the Magic Tavern, an improv high fantasy comedy show. Right now I'm wrapping up my first listen to the current final book of GOT. And oh my gods... I can't believe what I'm hearing, haha. I get why fans were a bit rabid haha.

Nice! Fall Out is also very nice. :smile: Yes! BG3 is super easy to get into without having played any prior BGs. I haven't played any of the previous ones and I still got into it very easy. The story is a stand alone one but there are some easter eggs here and there I'm sure. They also put in easter eggs for those of us more familiar with Forgotten Realms lore in DnD as well, which was nice since I'm one of them. :grin:
Yes! I like your style. Pockets for life! I don't understand why clothing companies cannot comprehend this.
Yeah straps are the bane of my existence, the few times I've done them, they always turned out a little crooked. Oh nice! That's so cool. Yes! Cat covered fabric pocket is a must have on aprons. Good choice, good choice. :cheer:

I recommend to give both Careful Cantrip and Rotgrind a listen when you have the time. They're distinctly different from one another but very nice none the less. :smile: Haha yeah, that is true. Hmm, haven't come across Drunken Dragons or Roll for Romance, but now I'm gonna! I did come across the Unexpectables but haven't listened to them yet and Dimension 20 is always fun. A little sad that I can't listen to all their campaigns on youtube but oh well. Brennan has quickly become one of my favourite DM's regardless.
Ooh! Hello from the Magic Tavern sounds like an interesting concept. I'll have to look that up as well. Thanks for the tip! :cheer:

Local time: Wed May 01, 2024 8:58 pm

Postby AidanFoa » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:32 pm

silverberry wrote:OMG I love Oblivion! Oblivion's pretty old but it's just so charming. It's one of my comfort games - love riding through Cyrodiil on horseback. Very calming. Same with just riding around the map in Witcher 3.
At the moment, I've mostly been playing Book of Hours, since it received an update. And I recently started a new playthrough on Pentiment!

Right!? There's something very calming about it and minus the characters themselves, the game is still beautful and vibrant, even if it is really old by now. I'm sure the Witcher 3 is even prettier graphic wise. I haven't actually played it yet because I got it in my head that I wanted to play the previous games first. x)
Ooh! Both Book of Hours and Pentiment look interesting. I haven't come across either one before but they're definitely going on my steam list now! :cheer:

Postby TheFellowsheep » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:16 am

AidanFoa wrote:Nice! Fall Out is also very nice. :smile: Yes! BG3 is super easy to get into without having played any prior BGs. I haven't played any of the previous ones and I still got into it very easy. The story is a stand alone one but there are some easter eggs here and there I'm sure. They also put in easter eggs for those of us more familiar with Forgotten Realms lore in DnD as well, which was nice since I'm one of them. :grin:
Yes! I like your style. Pockets for life! I don't understand why clothing companies cannot comprehend this.
Yeah straps are the bane of my existence, the few times I've done them, they always turned out a little crooked. Oh nice! That's so cool. Yes! Cat covered fabric pocket is a must have on aprons. Good choice, good choice. :cheer:

I recommend to give both Careful Cantrip and Rotgrind a listen when you have the time. They're distinctly different from one another but very nice none the less. :smile: Haha yeah, that is true. Hmm, haven't come across Drunken Dragons or Roll for Romance, but now I'm gonna! I did come across the Unexpectables but haven't listened to them yet and Dimension 20 is always fun. A little sad that I can't listen to all their campaigns on youtube but oh well. Brennan has quickly become one of my favourite DM's regardless.
Ooh! Hello from the Magic Tavern sounds like an interesting concept. I'll have to look that up as well. Thanks for the tip! :cheer:

Sweet, it'll definitely be on my to play list. And ayye, forgotten realms. I know a little about that. Mostly from the Fritz series.

Thanks, and right? Always happy to commiserate over pockets with folks hahaha. At least now I'm halfway done with the apron. I've just given up and accepted some of the messed up stitching haha. My tension keeps slightly being off for the straps and I'm like "eh it's holding together well enough. Works!"

I'll add them to my podcast app! Thanks a lot. I hope you enjoy them! Hello from the Magic Tavern is my fav. How are you enjoying the site so far? Nice to see you're still checking in!

P.s. your avi is so cute and I adore pentiment. Haven't beat it yet but I really enjoy medieval art turned video game - especially choose your adventure visual novel. [/Align][/size]

Local time: Wed May 01, 2024 11:58 am

Postby AidanFoa » Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:00 pm

TheFellowsheep wrote:Sweet, it'll definitely be on my to play list. And ayye, forgotten realms. I know a little about that. Mostly from the Fritz series.

Thanks, and right? Always happy to commiserate over pockets with folks hahaha. At least now I'm halfway done with the apron. I've just given up and accepted some of the messed up stitching haha. My tension keeps slightly being off for the straps and I'm like "eh it's holding together well enough. Works!"

I'll add them to my podcast app! Thanks a lot. I hope you enjoy them! Hello from the Magic Tavern is my fav. How are you enjoying the site so far? Nice to see you're still checking in!

P.s. your avi is so cute and I adore pentiment. Haven't beat it yet but I really enjoy medieval art turned video game - especially choose your adventure visual novel. [/Align][/size]

Nice, and you'll learn even more when you play BG3. ^^

Yes! Same here, haha! :cheer: Oh nice! I feel like the straps will probably just add more character to it, which is charming. Haha right? If it works, it works. :grin:

Awesome! I'm always happy to recommend DnD-ish podcasts or videos/shows that people might enjoy.
I'm sure I will. I feel like I'm not too picky when it comes to podcasts or live plays with DnD, as long as the group playing enjoys it, I think I will. :grin:
I'm really liking the site so far. Avatars look really cute and there is plenty of stuff to style them with. People have been incredibly kind to me so far and I feel very welcome. :cheer:

Oh thank you! Your avatar looks cute too. Like it's going on an adventure or maybe being like the cutest courier. Alright, then I'll definitely have to makes sure to try Pentiment out at some point. It's already on the list, but might just have to bump it up a bit with two such glowing reviews of it. :cheer:

Postby Gingerale » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:15 pm

How are your projects going?

Hope you are enjoying your day today & getting some relaxation.

Postby AidanFoa » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:03 pm

Gingerale wrote:How are your projects going?

Hope you are enjoying your day today & getting some relaxation.

Currently, they're not going at all because silly old me forgot them at home. x') I'm currently in my family's summer house and completely forgot to bring any of my projects. But before I left, it was going so-so. Maybe I'll feel refreshed when I go back home and take them on with renewed energy. At least that's what I hope is going to happen lol.

Thank you. I've had a lot of relaxation today and it has been a fairly enjoyable day, mostly spending it with some doggos. Have you enjoyed your day and had some relaxation as well? :smile:

Also, maybe a dumb question, but is it possible to just ping someone here to let them know they've been spoken to?

Postby galled » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:33 pm

Hello!

Windlyn has links to the most popular guides on the portral page. portal.php

Here's the pinging guide viewtopic.php?f=34&t=527#p37171

Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Server Administrator

Local time: Wed May 01, 2024 12:58 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby AidanFoa » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:48 am

galled Thank you so much! I don't know how I missed those but thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I am having a very nice day. I hope you're having a great day as well! :cheer:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:41 pm

You can put the @ sign in front of the member's name but it doesn't work so easily on names where there is a space (like mine) so you'd have to read the guide to find out how. And make sure there is a space between any exclamation or other type after the name or it won't send. If there is a line under the name when the post refreshes you did it correctly.

You can always choose preview to look at the post before you submit.

Some threads we are subscribed to so it will pop up in our notifications when someone posts or shows us we have been mentioned.

A summer house sounds like a fun get a way. Is it close to a body of water? Forest? Mountains?

Postby Flaria » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:05 pm

Hi and welcome! I can see that you are chatting away from favorite games and experience.

Postby AidanFoa » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:08 am

Lemon Cheesecake Yes! I read in the very helpful post I was directed toward that when there are spaces in a username I need to use quotations to make it work. So here's hoping I did it right and that it works for me. And I always use the preview function because I just don't trust myself to post almost anything without previewing it. x)
It's a very nice little cottage right in the middle of a forested area. My grandparents got it for fairly cheap when my mom was still little. It was like a run down, overgrown forgotten place back then, but my grandparents put in a lot of work and now it's what my mom calls her "Little Eden". It's quaint and very peaceful here, yet only like 30 minutes from the nearest town with car. And we have a big lake nearby as well. Used to spend a lot of my summers here as a kid with my grandparents. Lots of fond memories. :cheer:

Also literally just noticed that it says "mention this user" next to everyones usernames when I'm in the reply editor. Omg I am kinda dumb lol. xD

Flaria Hi and thank you! Yes, people have been so welcoming here it's real easy to just start chatting away with everyone. ^^

Postby TheFellowsheep » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:40 pm

AidanFoa How's your week? What's been your favorite eat of the week? Glad to see you still posting and chatting! Did you see the new Lazarus item? I haven't seen an item be 1k yet, so wild to me. Now I'm on a mission to get enough feathers for it! I'm halfway there. B)

Postby AidanFoa » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:33 am

TheFellowsheep My week was great. Got a bit too tired from working at the end of it, but that's what weekends are for, right? x) How was your past week, since it's a new one now? Hmm, I think my favourite eat was when my mom made mashed potatoes and pan fried sliced sausage. Simple but very nostalgic, making me feel a bit like a kid again. ^^ What was your favourite eat?
Thank you, I am glad to have found this community so I won't be leaving it for too long anytime soon. :cheer:
I did see the new Lazarus item. Really? Well, I guess I could technically say the same, since I've only seen one other set of Lazarus items xD Nice! Woohoo! Halfawy there, you got this! I'm sure you'll get the item in no time. :cheer:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:40 am

The cabin sounds like a lovely haven.
I bet there are some interesting fawn & fauna there. :daisy:

It says mention this user? Haha I never noticed it before!

Backgrounds are generally 1000 feathers.

I am buying some extra's of the solar background so if you can't get it this time don't panic, this will be the one time I sell items... otherwise roll in my win a background thread. :heart:

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome Wagon