New here? Introduce yourself!

A Wild Newbie Has Appeared!

Moderator: Ryvvi

A Wild Newbie Has Appeared!

Postby Ka Lai » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:55 am

Uncreative title, I know. But in the Welcome Wagon, they all tend to be.

I think I actually signed up for Windlyn ages ago, but never really made posts or anything. My other avatar sites are kinda dead or down right now, so I figured I'd give this a go again. :3

Tell me all there is to know about here, and maybe I'll stay. :)

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 4:52 pm

Re: A Wild Newbie Has Appeared!

Postby Mika » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:07 am

Well welcome back! I hope you will stay this time, but I'm not super persuasive in my printouts. But I do know we have an event coming around the corner. And the people here really are friendly. And by your title, we have plenty of Pokemon fans here.

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 12:52 am

"Your name, frozen on my lips
Icecicles pierce my heart
Now I wait, to send out my wish
To find you where ever you are"

Postby Ka Lai » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:20 am

When you say "around the corner"? About how soon are we talking about here? And what event will it be? I've been kind of... haunted by sites that always say "soon" and then keep pushing things back, so I'm feeling kinda betrayed by that word right now.

Thanks for the welcome though! You're either up late or not an American. Also, do you guys have some kind of pinging system here? If so, how does it work and where can I check them?

Postby Mika » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:27 am

Almost sounds like maybe you have been on Syn?
But the events here usually happen on time. I'm just not sure if its going to be a St. patty's day event or Easter. They haven't leaked that yet xD. So when I say soon, I mean soon but I can't give you the info on what week it will start. But all the items are always super affordable from the events.

But I am in America. It is 7:24 AM here. Lol.
There is a pinging system... But I'm still not positive how it works exactly... I've been pinged before but I've still never gotten any notification to being pinged. I think there is a thread around here that explains how to try using it though... I think you have to put the and then some quotations around the name and I think there has to be a space before the @. Might be wrong though.

Postby Ka Lai » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:32 am

Mika

Haha, I did join Syn but it was too...errr... "hip" and filled with shiny neon lights for me. No, I'm actually passively aggressively talking about Ernya. I think I joined Windlyn and Sapherna at the same time, but because I found it too difficult to make my own avatar (so many tabs and menus!) so I went with Sapherna instead of Windlyn. As it is, though, Saph is kinda down at the moment, so I googled avatar sites again and found this place. And when I was about to sign up I realised I already had an account. Lol. xD

I hope my ping works... even though I dunno how to check them. xD

Postby Ka Lai » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:33 am

Also, I dunno if you're up late or up early since it's like nearly 7.30am there. I'm from Australia and it's like... 10.30pm (Thursday). :P

Postby Mika » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:39 am

Oh, its only Thursday morning here.... Wish it could be Friday morning though....

I don't think you can check the pings... But I'm not a ping expert here so maybe someone can help answer your question better.
But I've only heard of Ernya... So I can't say I know the issues that you speak of.
As for Saph.... I left that place in December and never looked back. Though it seems they tend to have quite a bit of server issues ever since. Which I would've found annoying. But Windlyn is a nice peaceful community that is like a cottage in the country.... Its just like home. xD
Though I don't know if you've checked out Caedon, but they have a similar layout to Sapherna. The avatars are just different. At first I was attracted to it, but the way the avatars were drawn it kind if made the items look weird so I was told about Windy here.

Postby Turtle Sensei » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:51 am

Ka Lai wrote:Also, I dunno if you're up late or up early since it's like nearly 7.30am there. I'm from Australia and it's like... 10.30pm (Thursday). :P

Hello and welcome! I'm kind of on a bit of a hiatus at the moment due to a sprained wrist so I don't post much. I lurk... I was on Enya too but got sick of it. I also was in Sapherna but as Mika said she left in December, as did I and a few others.

I had a, disagreement with thr owners over how the site was run and was banned after I left and people followed me over here and onto caedon.net

Welcome though! And I hope you enjoy it here! If you like art I've got a shop around here somewhere...

It's 4:51am here. I'm over on the opposite side of the country than Mika. In Oregon.

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 10:52 pm

Postby Ka Lai » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:02 am

Mika

Hahaha, yes. Hopefully someone else will answer sooner or later.

Saph does seem to have quite a lot of server issues. I think I've been a member since... well.. December and the site's been down (for quite substantial periods of time) twice. owo;;

And I did check out Caedon... but I don't really like larger avatars. Like with our current ones, I realise that they're actually smaller versions of larger pictures on our profile pages, but I mostly prefer the smaller size. I also prefer "smooth shaded" items over "pixelled" items, though most people seem to go the other way.

Where do people usually chat on this site? I feel like I will at some point need to leave the safety of my welcome thread. xD;;

I must be off, but it has been lovely chatting to you. I'll try and remember to come back tomorrow. :)

Postby Ka Lai » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:09 am

Turtle Sensei

I seem to recognise your username, but I don't know whether it is from Ernya or Sapherna (I am "Em" over there). I don't think we spoke much/at all though.

I used to post a lot, but lately it feels like Ernya is dying... which is sad to say since I've been there since 2009 (with a longgggg hiatus in between). Back in the "golden days" it used to be so easy to get into a conversation with someone. But now I have to really force myself. So lately I've found myself lurking a lot too. owo;;

I am also having some issues with how Sapherna is run, but my issues are mainly based on the inevitably inflationary economy and the tremendous lack of transparency. I remember during my first 2-3 days there, I spent almost the entire time complaining to moderators about why the site would probably end poorly. I still stand by this. I am curious about what your argument was, though.

I do like art, but I don't have anything I want to be drawn at the moment. I also don't know anything about prices, but I'd be happy to chat in your thread after I get a good night's rest.

Postby Mika » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:19 am

The best place to just hop into any kind of conversation is to just hop into one of the hangout threads. Its the best place to get to start meeting other users. It also awards the full amount of feathers. Games award anywhere from 3-5.

Hmmmm that gives me an idea for a poll I should start though.... With the items...

Postby Sanchicho » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:41 am

Hello, welcome to Windlyn.
We have a thread about pinging here. I hope that helps.
If you have any additional questions or need any help you can puts on the Help/Support forum or ask any mod.

Postby Mousy » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:40 am

Welcome~
and I think it's going to be a St. Patrick's day event.
The description was this "we have a nice, lucky event coming up (how appropriate this is thread 700...) Please stay tuned!"
That's just my guess though. XD

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 11:52 pm

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Turtle Sensei » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:46 am

I was on Ernya from day one actually. Because the owners used to work for zantarni.com one of my most favorite Avi sites. And left to go create Ernya and the site owner of zantarni.com was nice enough to advertise it in his site.

If you like small Avis check out there too. They're pixel shaded too. And. My argument with Sapherna. I'll post later when my wrist isn't hurting. It's a long list.

Postby Ka Lai » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:20 pm

Mika:
Haha, I'll try some of the hangouts when I'm less tired. I'm not in too much of a chatting mood today, so I feel like I'd bring the mood down with passive aggressiveness if I tried too hard. xD;;

And what kind of poll are you thinking of doing? Also, random question: How is the economy here? How easy is it to get past event items and the like?

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon