New here? Introduce yourself!

A Wild Newbie Has Appeared!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: A Wild Newbie Has Appeared!

Postby Ka Lai » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:16 pm

Lemon:

Haha, it was a lovely gift to come back to! Initially I wasn't sure I had a gift, because I didn't realise there were tabs with the avatar thingy.

Also, thank you so much for the rose! <3 <3

Ryvvi:

You were a huge help! Thanks again!

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 10:15 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:43 pm

hope you are able to get the items you want. Just keep letting people know what you are looking for, especially if they are wearing it...I think people are starting to collect duplicates

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 4:15 am

Postby Mika » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:51 am

You know.... I just had a stranger realization that my friend used to call her cat Mr Scooter.... Now I feel like Scooter should be a cat.... Lol.

But wow... I can say that Sapherna never used to be that slow. It was once a nicely busy little place. But I guess ever since the site was handed over that it just kind of went down hill... That's usually what happens though.

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 6:15 am

"Your name, frozen on my lips
Icecicles pierce my heart
Now I wait, to send out my wish
To find you where ever you are"

Postby Ka Lai » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Thanks for the advice, Lemon! I'll be sure to do that. :)

And yeah, but in their defence, I usually am on at weird times (because Australia), so I dunno how it is during other hours. Also, the site's up again, but I have this horrible feeling I'm not getting most of my lost items back. -__-

Postby Mika » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:56 pm

When i was there, there were plenty of people on there with interesting time zones. but who knows? but wow, that is something.... cant say ive ever heard of items getting lost when a server has gone down....

Postby Ka Lai » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:18 pm

Well, my timezone is +11 hours. So usually when I'm on, everyone's asleep, since most people seem to be American.

And yeah... they've lost 2 months worth of data, so... if it can't be recovered, I'm probably quitting. I got a super testy response from the admins as well, so that's not helping.

Postby Mika » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:27 pm

Wow.... They didn't back up anything? Sounds like they have a crappy server....

But on a side note, that does sound like the staff I remember.

Postby Ka Lai » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:55 pm

Well, what they said was that the site went down, and also the backup crashed at the same time. They've sent over the backup to be recovered hopefully. My main issue is that I managed to get a lot of progress with collecting the past items recently, but I don't remember the exact figures of what I had. So I don't know how I'll be able to recover it if it DOES so happen that we need to submit reports to get our stuff back. I'll be paranoid I'll miss something.

Postby Mika » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:29 am

Well here's hoping that you can get your items back. I wouldn't be happy if it were me.

Postby Ka Lai » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:22 pm

Yeah.. I think a lot of us more active users are kind of feeling somewhat betrayed. It seems like they're just trying to brush the issue under the rug. -__-;

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:56 pm

ouch, losing inventory would be very frustrating. I can't even see how they could replace them if the records were deleted.... maybe suggest they give everyone who joined by a certain date a set of replacement items...is that even possible?

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 4:15 am

Postby Ka Lai » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:08 pm

I don't think so... I mean a lot of the items I lost were donation items and event items that I paid for using in-game currency (not real currency). And because I'm a mass hoarder/collector, I had LOADS of them. I guess I'm just going to have to see how they approach this.

The only stuff that's going to get given out for sure is that which was donated for as there are legit records for them. But it's not gonna be hard to manipulate. :|

Postby Dragonball » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:26 pm

Welcome to Windlyn!

Postby Ka Lai » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:41 pm

Dragonball

Thank you! I think I know you from Ernya, unless there's someone else with the same username there...

Postby Blue Jay » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:55 am

Hello there and welcome to Windlyn where the gentle breeze of love blows over the budding seedlings of friendship.

Image Artwork by Yuracye

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome Wagon