New here? Introduce yourself!

Nice to meetcha

Moderator: Ryvvi

Nice to meetcha

Postby Eruca » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:26 am

Hullo, I am Eruca of many interests from Canada.
Somehow, I stumbled upon this place in a google search about avatars. The link was from a thread on another forum (chicken smoothie?). So strictly speaking, Windlyn didn't show up on my search. But here I am anyway.
I'm a sucker for avatar forums. Same with sci-fi, like Doctor Who, Orphan Black, etc. and manga. and video games. But I'm picky. And snarky. and tsundere.... /crawls away
A few questions: I notice that there is a sticky for Japanese users who want to run the site through google translate. Do we get a few Japanese users?
Please drop a line if you've ever crossed my timeline?
And bring me to a cool hangout (or two)? o u o Teach me the Windlyn ways~

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 pm

Re: Nice to meetcha

Postby Diana » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:35 am

Hi there, Eruca!
Welcome to Windlyn! I'm glad you decided to come check us out!

You'll get along great with the community here! We have tons of Doctor Who fans (there's already a thread dedicated to it), as well as many gamers and anime enthusiasts. What kind of games do you play? I've never heard of Orphan Black, I don't watch a lot of TV, but if you're up to making a thread, I'm sure many of the other members will chime in!

We had a ton of traffic from Japan for a while, so the sticky is because we wanted to send a reminder that machine translation from Google is pretty good these days, so even though Windlyn isn't translated by nature, they could still enjoy the site. C:

If you have any more questions, or ever need anything, feel free to shoot me or one of the moderators (blue usernames) a PM, or post in the help/support forum.

See you around!

Site Admin

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 6:36 pm

Postby ShiroGEM » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:13 am

Welcome to Windlyn! I hope you enjoy your stay here. :D

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 9:36 am

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby Mys » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:43 am

Nice to meet ya ^_^ Seems you stumbled across my thread on CS. I'm glad it's giving Windlyn more attention. See ya around.

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 7:36 pm

Postby Maro » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:13 am

Nice to see another Canadian joining!

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 11:06 pm

Art by - ciel

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:58 am

Welcome to Windlyn! We have had users from the Philippines, China, HK and Europe as well. Our admin Lime is from Canada too! Do you have a favorite color? Pet? Hobby?

Postby Eruca » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:38 am

Diana
Thank you for the welcome! It has been a while since I talked about Doctor Who with anyone. Probably because Orphan Black is such an enthralling series. :P As for games, I like ones that focus on the story at least as much as the mechanic, so I've really enjoyed titles like The Walking Dead and Dragon Age. I'll definitely have a look around some more, see what is around.

It's surprises me a bit that we'd get traffic from Japan. I wonder how they found this site in the first place. It's nice to see people being adaptable considerate though.

ShiroGEM
Thanks Shiro~ Already am!

Mys
Google search engine does work! Nice you meet you officially. xD

Maro
O Canada!

Lemon Cheesecake
Yeah, I noticed, it's pretty cool! I love the blue to green spectrum. Oh and pastel pinks. No pets. Lots.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:48 am

Don't forget to click on the summer palooza banner and start collecting your free items and currency, the event runs until July 31st so you still some time left to collect. Will send you a little gift to welcome you .

Postby Eruca » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:00 am

Lemon Cheesecake
Aw, that is very nice of you. And thanks for the reminder.

Postby galled » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:14 am

Welcome to Windlyn, Eruca!

Do you remember which words you were using while searching google? Perhaps it would be good to know for SEO so we're ready when the time comes.

BTW, another Doctor fan here!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Eruca » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:31 pm

galled
Thank you~ It was avatar site if I remember correctly. Not my best work in choosing keywords.
o/ I'm so excited for the new season.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:33 pm

the new season of Dr. Who always seems to take f o r e v e r ... never soon enough for me ..sigh

Postby Eruca » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:55 pm

Lemon Cheesecake
Well, yeah. They shoot it and air it the next year. Shows like Big Bang Theory shoot almost continuously and then air whenever. I guess their contracts are just different. Maybe it's a US vs UK thing?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:22 pm

I think it does take longer also because it airs in the UK first and then we get it later in the US.
I suppose we should be grateful to the UK for producing successful programming over the years ...Monty Python, Upstairs/Downstairs. to name a few long running shows besides Dr.Who.

I had to google Orphan Black but it looks very intriguing because the one actress plays many parts.The article in the link below shows quite a few of her different character looks. Amazing make up jobs, makes me want to watch the show to see how she develops each character.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/201 ... ack-clones

Postby Eruca » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:40 pm

Orphan black is an amazing sci-fi series. And the genetic stuff is Very plausible. And of course amazing acting carries the small budget project. It's really great.

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon