New here? Introduce yourself!

Hello;3

Moderator: Ryvvi

Hello;3

Postby |M|esh » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:05 am

Hello Q.Q

^^I'm a girl from the UK who likes Anime, Manga and is learning Japanese.
I like playing both video games and board games (rather casually, though). I usually play RPG/Adventure computer games, but Touhou is a favourite of mine.
My favourite band is Sound Horizon, closely followed by the artist Akiko Shikata.
My main hobby is drawing, mostly traditional, but I'm slowly learning to use a tablet.
Recently, I've started learning how to play volleyball.

You can also find me on Aywas as |M|esh, and on Recolor.me as Mesh.
That's me. Nice to meet you all;3

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

Re: Hello;3

Postby ShiroGEM » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:11 am

Oohh welcome to Windlyn~
What animes and mangas do you really enjoy?

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 7:18 am

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby |M|esh » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:51 am

^^ ShiroGEM Hello;3 Current favourites for anime are Durarara and Haikyuu!!, and I've also really enjoyed Code Geass, Madoka, and also the Studio Ghibli movies. I've also watched most of Naruto + Shippuden, and the first series of Yugioh.
As for manga, I don't read it as much as I want to, but I love Pandora Hearts, Higurashi and Umineko, and also Horimiya.
What about you?

Postby I Shall Engrave » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:33 am

Hello and welcome to Windlyn. Volleyball is fun. Do you play indoor or beach volleyball?

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 3:18 pm

Postby ShiroGEM » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:20 am

I really enjoyed Haikyuu! and I'm a big fan of Studio Ghibli as well. :D
For me my favourites are mostly slice of life, things like Hyouka and Sakurasou no pet na kanojo~
As for manga, I haven't read Pandora Hearts so do you recommend it? I see it being mentioned a lot. xD
I don't read a lot as well but I'm currently waiting for more chapters for Watashi Ga Motete Dousunda. ^^

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 7:18 am

Postby I Shall Engrave » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:26 am

I never really got into anime. I've seen a few shows including Yu Yu Hakusho , Black Cat, and Attack on Titan. That's about as far as my knowledge of anime goes.

Postby |M|esh » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:34 am

I shall Engrave I play indoor volleyball, although since where I practice is out in a park it's technically not actually indoors;3 I'm a real beginner thoughU.U Do you play/which one?

ShiroGEM ^^Studio Ghibli is greatXD My favourite being Nausicaa~ Do you have a favourite?
Aaaa, I'm on about episode 5 of Hyouka, I started it a couple of months ago but stopped because I needed to revise for exams so thanks for reminding me to pick it up againQ.Q I'm slowly getting into the slice of life genre, I enjoyed Tonari wa Kaibutsu-kun/My Little Monster, have you seen that one?
Pandora Hearts is really good, I really enjoyed it- do note that the anime had a different ending and missed out a lot of stuff, so definitely read the manga.
^^Ooo I hadn't heard of Watashi ga Motete Dousunda but it sounds pretty cool;3 I might start that one.

Postby I Shall Engrave » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:37 am

I don't play regularly but I will sometimes go to the beach with friends and play there. I prefer beach volleyball. The only times I've played indoor volleyball was in high school and at a sports hall for a week. If there was a volleyball court located nearby I would definitely play more.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:38 am

welcome to Windlyn! I'm trying to remind everyone to click on the summer palooza to get your free item and extra currency everyday, until July 31st.

You are welcome to drop in any of my threads and playing on the game threads is an easy way to build feathers. I'll send you a little welcome gift from a past event no longer in the stores.

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 4:18 pm

Postby galled » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:37 am

Welcome to Windlyn!

Volley ball is so much fun. Do you play in a league or similar? How do you gather up enough people to play?

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Mys » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:09 pm

Nice to meet ya ^_^

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 5:18 pm

Postby |M|esh » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:40 pm

I shall Engrave I only really play casually with my friends. Beach volleyball sounds like fun, but there isn't really anywhere to play it nearby- all of the beaches near me, not only are they kind of chilly, they're also covered in rocks/shingle, which isn't really very nice.

Lemon Cheesecake Thanks for the reminder, when you're new and still working things out it's really easy to miss;3
Thank you so much for the Heart Balloon<3 It's so cute QoQ

galled Haha, nooo~ I'm really really new to volleyball so I mainly just play with friends;3 There's a group of us that meet up at the weekend, and some of the people there are a lot better, but I'm just a casual player. Do you play too?

Mys Nice to meet you too! Your avatar is really cute u.u

Postby galled » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:36 pm

Sadly, I haven't played since high school. I will admit that I could get a little aggressive spiking and that perhaps I enjoyed that a little too much! :roll:

That's great that you have people to play with. It's good activity and not one that's exhausting to extremes like some other sports.

Server Administrator

Postby |M|esh » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:08 pm

galled ^^Yeah, I'm not really very sporty or fit so I get tired out easily `3`

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:48 pm

Sadly I was never very good at volleyball, but if you want a good laugh then watch me play most sports!

Next

Return to Welcome Wagon