New here? Introduce yourself!

ah yes hello

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: ah yes hello

Postby Lime » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:38 pm

Ooh, yay. c; <3 Good.

Also yeah I forgot, in Canada we have March Break, which is at a different time than Spring Break I think. I think one is one week right after the other.

And yeah, there's like.. 3 different ones I go to. And the one is just kinda.. Dying out, and it makes me so sad. They charge like, waaay too much now for stupid things and it's getting ridiculous. It's not how flea markets are supposed to be! :(

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:26 pm

:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:
it's good to be back
if you see me here and there
feel free to say hey
:wink:
- A Lime Haiku
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby charity » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:17 am

Wait, you mean you get both??? //eternally jealous.

Ugh, people who overprice make me so angry! Sometimes I wonder if the people are trying to actually sell things, or just rent booths because they need a place to show off their junk collection. :c

Postby Lime » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:08 am

Oh noo, sorry. I mean like, in Canada we get March Break, but you guys get Spring Break! My bad. :)

Ugh, that's like.. The most accurate thing I have ever heard. I'm not kidding. Some of these people have been there for years, and they charge soo much for everything, it's like. Why would you even bother? Like really. It makes me so mad. It's essentially junk- I'm not paying retail price to you!

Postby charity » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:30 am

Ohhhhh. I was about to be absolutely jealous. ouo;;

And yeah-- There's this guy at the flea market I go to/work at whose booth is just a hoard of movies, I'm not sure if he ever sells anything! u-u;;

Postby Lime » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:32 am

I KNOW! There's people like that at ours! Where they have like, an infinite amount of either books, movies, etc. Everybody has a sort of "theme." One guy has several booths to himself with all just records. But I never see anybody buy things from him.. They always just walk by. But he has literally like, I think ~3 booths, and those are expensive! And then there's some people who for some reason are so sentimental about their junk, they won't sell it unless it's for a high price. Like you said, half the time I think it's just for people to show off their junk collections.

Postby charity » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:58 am

oh gosh! and then there are people who are determined to sell, but won't lower their prices to anything reasonable.

at one point we had a native american man selling feathers, stones, leather goods, etc. and i wanted feathers for an incense bouquet i was making as a present for a friend... but they were so expensive for the ones i wanted! :c i eventually bought two for like... somewhere around $2??? maybe a little more or a little less but it was crazy!

Postby Lime » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:13 am

Yeah I know! It's soo frustrating. Especially- oh my gosh, one of my biggest pet peeves is people not willing to haggle. IT'S A FLEA MARKET. NO YOU CANNOT HAVE $20 FOR THAT PHONE THAT HAS A MISSING CORD. GO AWAY.

Thankfully I'm terribly charismatic, I'll admit. I've never had a moment where I paid more than what I wanted on an item, lool. I'm a dealer's worst nightmare. I think I watch too many Picker shows on TV, lmao! But even as a kid, I pulled so many tricks, amg. I feel like such a bad person. But as a kid I lied a lot- which is terrible. But I'll admit it. I'd be like ".. 3$? But I only have 1$.. :( -puppy eyes-" and then walk away all like "succkkaa."

But my parents thought it was funny, so when I grew up I was like "Holy crap, wait this is bad!" and now I just be overly friendly. :D I like chatting people up, too, haha.

And dang! Our one flea market, they burn incense. But I never liked the smell of it. It always made me feel sick. The only time I ever like it, is this special kind that comes in cones, and it goes inside of this one hydra sculpture I have- so when it smokes it comes out of it's nose(s). :D

Postby charity » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:07 pm

(oops sorry started school again so bye free time)

SERIOUSLY THO. Like I usually am cool with whatever they want to charge but sometimes there's just that one thing that you'll die without and it's just SOOOOOOO OVERPRICED OGM. It makes me cry, but because my parents used to have a booth and now I work part-time at someone else's booth, people know me better so I can get away with things. hehehehehe >:3

Ahhhh, at the place I go to, we actually got busted for that once. My friend and I were running a booth and we lit a stick of incense (not one of the heavy ones-- I think it was either like rain or cotton or something generally agreeable) and we caused someone to lose customers ;u; oooooops. (but he told us they were bitches anyway so he wasn't all that torn up)

that sounds like a hella sculpture tho

Postby Lime » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:37 am

Aww, noo! School sucks. :( I'm kidding, I kinda miss it, not gonna lie.

Also, that IS a perk! ;) People used to know me, and now it's only a very select few who'll remember me. There's this one guy that I buy books from a lot, and he loves to haggle so it's really fun. He's also just a really funny and genuine guy, which is the type of people I like talking to the most.

Yeah, I never liked incense, but. Most if it just reminds me of drugs though, because of this one store where they always smoked pot and lit incense to cover the smell, and now mentally whenever I smell it, I associate it with pot and I feel all sick.

But omg, this thing is amazing. I collect dragon statues, so it was a birthday gift from my sister. It's dark brown, and it's got five heads, and when you put the cone in the bottom, the smoke comes out of the noses of all of them, and their ears. And it looks soo cool! It works really well. I was worried you wouldn't be able to see it, but the way it comes swirling out is so freakin' cool. Haha. I just wish I had some incense I really liked!

I have like, this "warm spice" one, it's brown. It's not too bad. And I have a red one I really like, because I think it's pomegranate or something. But I have two other ones that are juuuust gross. Lol.

Postby charity » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:11 pm

I like learning and school and stuff but like the politics and drama aren't cool. Yet if things go as I've planned them so far I'm going to spending a LOOOOOOT of time at school. .n. But I really like English and helping people so... //shimmies

oooooooh pommegrante sounds yummy @-@

Postby Lime » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:02 am

Oh, yeah. Definitely true. I used to love school, but. I ended up dropping out in grade 12 because of health problems. I went back a while later, and I was a little too old. I was 18 and everybody in my classes were 16. And holy crap, talk about rude! I can't believe how judgmental and awful all the students were. I was way older, but I felt so embarrassed and awful to be around them. I got bullied like crazy. I got yelled at, made fun of, called "porkchop" (although it was a girl much bigger than me who called me that?), and a few other things. Not to mention all the dirty looks. So I went to the guidance counselor and I was like, "Listen, you got a problem. Do you realize how bad the students are bullying me here? I feel bad for all the younger ones!" And I tried to explain how bad it was, and she was like "Well I've worked here for blah blah years and I've never had a problem!"

Psh, no wonder, right? She wouldn't believe me no matter what I said. No wonder no students ever went to her for help. :/

So I dropped out, again. Lmao. It wasn't worth it. I'd just go to an adult school later.

I do love English though. <3 My faaaavourite class ever~ That, and art. Oh man I loved art too.

Postby charity » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:02 pm

OH GOSH THE DENIERS. UGH. like most of the teachers at my school can admit there's a problem but some of them are like "hahahaha what we're amazing you lie." and like... we're getting better! but there's sooooooo much drama at this school it's ridiculous. it's big but small enough that news gets around whether you want to know about it or not. it's also easy to run into people you hate a lot. >.<

i'm sorry that your classmates were asshats. ;n;'' they sound sucky and in my future classroom they'd be thrown out the window (jk jk that's illegal but idk i don't play with lil shits)

Postby charity » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:18 pm

ughhh sorry i haven't been around much! school stress which makes me stress out which usually makes bad news for my thought process.

anyway, i'm probably not going to be back in action until the end of next week at the earliest. : just wanted to pop in and tell all my Windies that i still love them!

Postby Lime » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:28 am

Oh my goodness, don't worry about it! You're too sweet! Thank you for checking up on us! :)

I hope all goes well, don't stress yourself too much. And we're always here when you need us. ;)

Postby Edelinlenalilacblue9 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:22 pm

Hi I'm already your other you~
:cool:

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:26 pm

Previous

Return to Welcome Wagon