Lost? Need help? Ask anything here.

no place to type in pet name

no place to type in pet name

Postby Tandy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:45 pm

My pet finally hatched, but there was no place to type in its name. I read where it said choose carefully, because you only get one chance. It suggested the name Sharkbait, but there was no place to type in a name. There was a button the said good idea, or something like that. I thought if I clicked that button, it might take me to a place to put the name, but instead I ended up with a pet named Sharkbait. I'm disappointed. I had a pretty name picked out.

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:59 am

Re: no place to type in pet name

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:04 pm

I can't remember if you typed in a name below the suggestion or if you removed the suggestion and typed your pick in. That happened with one of mine...and I ended up with a bear called Bacon...but now I'm ok with it. If it can't be changed I'd be happy to send you feathers for a new egg. I hate for you to be disappointed!

But congratulations on hatching a pet!

I am in the process of having a pet at every stage (at least that is my goal), so I plan on naming the other pet stage the name I missed out on.

Postby Diana » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:07 pm

There is an input, it is just small. It is really hard to see and easy to miss right now. Sorry about that!

See the bottom of the window for the placement:

It looks like I forgot to update the styling on the input when making the rest of the text fields on Windlyn nice and large. I'll fix it up!

I've set your pet back to "unnamed". You can rename sharkbait from this page. :)

Site Admin

Postby Tandy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:45 pm

Thank you very much. I appreciate your allowing me to change the name.
Maybe it's my computer, but the scrolling on the naming page is very strange.

Return to Help/Support