Lost? Need help? Ask anything here.

Curious?

Curious?

Postby Ninja » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:49 pm

I may have missed the option, but I've gone through setting options several times to try and find out myself. However I have had no luck. Is there a way to not get notifications for every single new post on the site? I'm obviously only interested in threads I have posted in. It's hard to see any notifications I care about among the rest of the entire site notifications. Not to mention the constant clearing of them gets tiring.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:41 am

Re: Curious?

Postby Blue Jay » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:01 pm

Ninja the Notification button is for ALL active threads however if your using the computer a dropdown should come out under the Forums tab. It has a link called My Posts and it has every thread you posted in there. That way you only get the notifications of just the ones you posted in. ^^

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:41 am

Image Artwork by Yuracye

Postby Ninja » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:16 pm

I noticed this! A feature I greatly enjoy.
However it still gets tiring clearing the notifications on the side so I was hoping for some way to disable it. But thank you for the reply!

Postby Blue Jay » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:30 pm

If you wish to just not deal with the notifications on the side click the button that says Read all forums and it clears it out for you. ^^

Postby Ninja » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:08 pm

Blue Jay
Oh, I know about that already. It just takes maybe about 15 minutes during the right time of day for them to all come right back since people are posting. I'm just trying to ignore it for the time being. Thank you though!

Postby Blue Jay » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:11 pm

Your welcome! ^^

Postby Lime » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:24 pm

Yeah, currently the notifications are for all the posts being made.. Which can easily pile up if you're away for a while, or don't care to check them!

Diana and I originally had it set up this way so that people could easily check all the threads, since at the time we hardly had any members. This.. Isn't the case anymore, haha. :)

This has been brought up a few times now, so I'll bring it up to Diana and we can discuss it. Thanks for bringing it up!

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:41 am

:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:
it's good to be back
if you see me here and there
feel free to say hey
:wink:
- A Lime Haiku
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Ninja » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:27 pm

Lime
Thank you! Being able to opt out would be nice.
Though I fully understand how it could be useful when the member number was lower.

Return to Help/Support