Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

I felt loved ❤️ when...

Moderator: Ryvvi

I felt loved ❤️ when...

Postby galled » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:57 am

This thread is a place to remember and share the times you really felt LOVED! <3 <3 <3

I believe one of the most important things in life is to remember to feel grateful for the things that make life wonderful. (It's especially important when things aren't going so well and it consumes everything else good in your day!) So I thought that in the spirit of Windlyn's kindness, mindful, and nurturing philosophical ideals, it would be nice to share some of the times we've felt really loved--not only as a reminder to ourselves, but that it might also help other recall the times they've felt the same bits of awesome warm and fuzzies!

Winners, let's share the love!! :hug:

[+] SPOILER
I remember back in elementary school, I had constructed a string art project in art class. It was a wooden board with numerous thin nails laid out in a pattern of my own design nailed to it. I then took string (like kite string is my recollection) and I'd like to think, artfully, wound the string around the nails into a pattern.

So at the end of the day, I was walking down the hall carrying my masterpiece like you hold a pizza box--admiring my handiwork as I navigated everything. And just as I was passing the gym, the doors flew open (they opened outward into the hallway) with students rushing out. The door hit my string art piece and it flipped up and a nail hit my left eye!! :worry:

I let out a cry and dropped everything as I put the palm of my hand on my eye. (It really didn't hurt as much as I imagined it should have and it really didn't bleed blood, just some black stuff came out.)

Anyway, a teacher that I'd never really had any contact with ran over and ask me if I was OK and calmed me down. They she took me to the nurse and stayed with me until my mom came and got me. (We went to the emergency room and ophthalmologist--the nail missed my cornea and I didn't lose vision in the end--thank goodness!) This teacher had other things to do, but she stayed with me and talked to me keeping me calm--looking back now, I felt cared for--and by an almost complete stranger. It is something I'll never forget.

I had to wear a bandage over my eye for a couple of days, and that was very uncomfortable social-wise, but since that first day I became closer to this teacher. She'd say hello and ask me how I'm doing, and generally chat me up every time I saw her. I had made a friend--with an adult no less! :smile:

Of course, as the years passed, I went to Jr. High, High, etc., and I lost contact, but where ever she is today I think she'd feel good to know that I remember how she helped me and that I felt loved! :heart:

Server Administrator

Local time: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:20 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Re: I felt loved ❤️ when...

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:39 pm

I felt loved on Windlyn when there was a very rare item I really, really wanted and someone gifted it to me! I still am sooooo thankful! :heart:

Postby Akuyi » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:57 am

Lemon always looks out for me. :heart:

Local time: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:20 pm

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Postby Gingerale » Tue May 12, 2020 5:36 pm

I am thankful for members on Windlyn always sharing from the heart!

Local time: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:20 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri May 15, 2020 8:22 pm

I felt loved when Mouse made me lemons pixel art and Vivianne drew me a lemon cheesecake with flowers picture ...oh and when murmurlade made me the banner for my pet thread...and those valentine's Banni had made for us on Windlyn were adorable... so many generous people sharing their talents and and making us all feel loved!

Postby npixelz » Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:58 am

I can't remember who did it (sorry! ><) but someone made a banner for the Fairy Garden awhile ago and I certainly felt loved!

And then we got a fairy wing item hiding IN the Fairy Garden and I felt so loved!

Local time: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:20 pm

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:57 pm

I love and am thankful for all the work that goes into the items and events for Windlyn... all the love Diana and her designing crew put into their creations.

Postby npixelz » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:05 pm

Yeah! Diana and her crew are amazing! Items, events, games, pets, this shole beautiful site is something they should be proud of!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:42 am

when people let me know I have brightened their day.

Postby Gingerale » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:46 pm

I feel loved when people come to visit.

Local time: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:20 pm

Postby npixelz » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:58 pm

Whole* not Shole

I agree on those!

I feel loved when people take the time to listen to me talk for super long about something I'm passionate about

Return to Hinterland