Need advice? Tutoring? Want to share that thing that happened to you? This is the place for all things involving the world outside, and life in general.

Wisdom Teeth Trouble

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Wisdom Teeth Trouble

Postby EvangelineLong » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:14 am

I got lucky by only having my top ones develop and come out. But now I'm going to have at least one pulled because it's getting holes. I'm pretty scared of it all too. ^^;

Local time: Fri May 03, 2024 3:58 am

Bjd tailor and mad hatter

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:06 am

I don't think mine have come in, considering the last ones that grew in I was about 12 and they had shoved out baby teeth beforehand

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 8:58 pm

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Silverfire » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:02 am

I'm going in a few days for a consultation for mine too ;w; I'm scared but if the pain goes away after they are gone then that is fine by me.

Postby galled » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:59 pm

I had my top ones pulled very soon after they emerged. They came out really easy. I remember asking if it'd hurt and the dentist showed the first one to me. All I felt was a little tug. I thought he was getting ready to do it and there it was! Really easy. I had much harder times with some of my baby teeth!

Now one of my lower wisdom teeth was impacted (growing in sideways). That was more of an ordeal, but the healing was way worse than the procedure in my case.

Server Administrator

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 6:58 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:16 pm

Kit: your permanent teeth are generally in by age 12 ( some people earlier/later it tends to correspond whether you started getting your baby teeth earlier or later). - and there is hereditary cases of some people never losing some of their baby teeth because there's no permanent tooth to replace it, my Grandfather and my brother and a cousin have that. There is a small minority of people who have extra teeth).

Evangeline, if you are getting cavities on your wisdom tooth then it is just as well you have it taken out before the decay reaches your pulp inside your tooth and gets infected. Have your teeth extracted before they abscess - it is easier to numb that way and faster to heal and the tooth hurts when the root is infected.

Postby Hocus Pocus » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:47 pm

I'm getting mine out on Nov 5th. 3 are impacted, one is fully in, and the other is bony impacted. There is a bit of infection on the bottom two teeth.

Postby Bassy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:02 pm

I think I blistered my gum where my wisdom tooth is, or what I think happened, and I feel my wisdom tooth. I need all four taken out soon but just one is coming out. I have to get it checked out on my dentist appointment.

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:10 pm

Hocus, are they giving you some antibiotics?

Bassy, sounds like they be abreakin thru :cheer:

Postby Bassy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:23 pm

I had been shown what my teeth would lay if they came out. They need to be taken out soon because it will go inwards and crooked. It wouldnt feel pleasant at all if i let it grow

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:42 pm

Bassy, better to do it sooner then wait for the teeth to push the other ones forward... are you going to schedule it for one of your breaks?

Postby Hocus Pocus » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:22 am

No. It's a very minor infection. I had been on antibiotics prior to figuring out my issues where my wisdom teeth.

Postby Bassy » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:30 am

Cheesecake, I will get it checked this winter break. I have had an appointment in december set for quite a while now.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:01 pm

Well, you all can support one another and report your findings to each other.

Postby Hocus Pocus » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:27 pm

True. ^
It's expensive as can be. Thank gosh I'm getting them out before I turn 26.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:53 pm

Sometimes you can get your medical insurance, most people don't have dental insurance and extractions unfortunately run a couple hundred or more a piece.

PreviousNext

Return to Hinterland